PDA

View Full Version : The Brewers can't lose!

Banix12
10-01-2005, 02:19 AM
Lost today amongst our joy of Charlotte's defeat of the Indians and disgust at ESPN fed Red Sox/Yanks hoopla was this little nugget.

With a win over the Pirates Friday night the Milwaukee Brewers assured themselves at least a .500 finish and for the first time since 1992 they will not finish the season with a losing record.

Now they have two more games to try and get their first winning record since 92.

Congratulations Milwaukee and I hope next year is even better.

robertks61
10-01-2005, 07:42 AM
They can also clinch 3rd place in the N.L. Central. To bad we can't play them next year.

Go Brew Crew, Congratulations!!

johnny bench
10-01-2005, 08:18 AM
Of course this was due to the removal of the legendary "Curse of Selig"

The Critic
10-01-2005, 08:43 AM
I'm happy for the Brewers. I like them a lot. They have some good young players like Clark, Hall and Turnbow, a guy like Sheets who can be an ace of he can stay healthy, and a solid run-producer in C.Lee.
Congrats Brew Crew on the positive season!!! They can't finish under .500, they can bump the MIGHTY Cubs to 4th place, AND they turned a small profit.....NICE!

:cheers:

chaerulez
10-01-2005, 09:33 AM
The Brewers are only a couple solid starters away from being a contender. They should trade Overbay for a starter. The guy they got in the Kolb deal (how good do they look now making that?), Jose Capellan, they've been using out of the pen but he was a starter. Him and Ben Hendrickson if they develop and adding them with Capuno and Sheets would make an above average rotation, plus with whoever they can grab for Overbay.

The lineup will be good soon too Dave Krenzyl (basically Scotty Pods II), Rickie Weeks, J.J. Hardy, Prince Fielder, Brady Clark, Carlos Lee (although he's really tailed off in the second half), Geoff Jenkins (although I think they should try and move him too, this is already a high strike out lineup without him). And the Brewers did have the best bullpen ERA in the first few months of the season, I don't know if that's still true but with Turnbow, Lehr, and Wise I'd say they are pretty much set. I'd like to see this young promising team make a playoff run next year.

hose
10-01-2005, 11:19 AM
Now that $#@!@# Phil Garner is gone I can feel good about some Brewers success.

NWSox
10-02-2005, 12:08 AM
Among the many teams that will finish with a better record than the Padres are the Brewers. I just noticed this yesterday. I hope they continue to improve and shake things up in the NL Central. That division has too many patsies.

TornLabrum
10-02-2005, 08:37 AM
Among the many teams that will finish with a better record than the Padres are the Brewers. I just noticed this yesterday.

Not necessarily. Both are 81-80. They could "tie."

Brewski
10-02-2005, 09:22 AM
Times are good for both my favorite teams. My only problem now is who to root for in the 2006 Series. It's been a longer wait for the Brewers who have been sub-standard for a long, long time. Life is good. If the MLB geniuses could figure things out, the two teams could be playing every year, but if they did that, I might have to pick one over the other.

Go White Sox in the postseason.

brewcrew/chisox
10-02-2005, 09:34 AM
They can also clinch 3rd place in the N.L. Central. To bad we can't play them next year.

Go Brew Crew, Congratulations!!

So the Whitesox aren't playing the Brewers next year? I thought they were playing the NL Central? Why the hell wouldn't they schedule the team with the closest fanbase?

oh, and this thread rules.

WSoxFanForever
10-03-2005, 08:48 AM
I like the Brewers. They are close to being contenders. Best of all, they beat the Cubs and knocked them down to fourth place. Looking forward to watching the Brewers improve even more while the Cubs sink just as quickly.

WSoxFanForever
10-05-2005, 01:22 PM
The Brewers are my 2nd fav team and I go out to Miller a lot. They actually have a very good pitching staff. They need another starter and they're set. Bullpen needs help besides Turnbow, their awesome closer. Matt Wise is ok. THe kid at SS, JJ Hardy, is showing flashes of possibly being a superstar some day--he has been compared to Yount and had an incredible second half. Weeks, Fielder, Hall all could be stars too. I say the Brew will give second place a run next year, and the Cubs will give the cellar some copetition :)