PDA

View Full Version : More ESPN.com garbage

kittle42
10-01-2005, 01:04 AM
Front page right now:

"Fenway, packed. The atmosphere, electric. The baseball, good enough. With the Red Sox and Yankees even, the game doesn't get any better, Gene Wojciechowski writes"

Damnit...isn't there any scenario where neither of them makes the playoffs?

Banix12
10-01-2005, 02:04 AM
Seriously, every team in the AL West and AL Central should donate about $100 million to the Toronto Blue Jays so they can crush both of them.

Remember before the 94 strike? When the Yankees and Red Sox pretty much sucked? God I miss it.

Chisox003
10-01-2005, 02:30 AM
A.J....
"We're aware of the ramifications of this series for everybody who's involved," Pierzynski said. "But that's all anybody talks about all the time -- Red Sox and Yankees. It doesn't seem like there are any other teams out there."

Then Ozzie....
"People were killing me on national TV,'' Guillen said. "They said I wasn't respecting the game, but that's only because it was Boston and New York. If it had happened to another team, no one would have talked about it."

Yup.....

kittle42
10-01-2005, 03:00 AM
Screw "the Sox" and screw the Yankees. May they, Peter Gammons, and everyone else whose life revolves around any meeting of the two teams eat crow...soon...

Fuller_Schettman
10-01-2005, 03:12 AM
Seriously, every team in the AL West and AL Central should donate about $100 million to the Toronto Blue Jays so they can crush both of them.

Remember before the 94 strike? When the Yankees and Red Sox pretty much sucked? God I miss it.

The Blue Jays knocked us out of our last ALCS and you have nostalgia for those days???? :?:

Bring on the BoSkanks!

munchman33
10-01-2005, 12:04 PM
I hope the Skanks and the Red Sux both make the postseason, only so we and Anaheim can show the east what real baseball is.

Banix12
10-01-2005, 12:47 PM
The Blue Jays knocked us out of our last ALCS and you have nostalgia for those days???? :?:

Bring on the BoSkanks!

I was happier seeing other teams win that weren't the Yankees and Red Sox. Certainly I would rather have seen the sox beat the Blue Jays in that ALCS but I miss seeing the variety of teams that were in the playoffs back then. Now payrolls are insane and all I ever hear is "Yanks/red Sox... Yanks/Red Sox... blah blah blah"

I'm tired of it and miss when teams like the Blue Jays, Kansas City Royals, and Pittsburgh Pirates could compete and actually garner media attention.

Stroker Ace
10-01-2005, 12:59 PM
I was happier seeing other teams win that weren't the Yankees and Red Sox. Certainly I would rather have seen the sox beat the Blue Jays in that ALCS but I miss seeing the variety of teams that were in the playoffs back then. Now payrolls are insane and all I ever hear is "Yanks/red Sox... Yanks/Red Sox... blah blah blah"

I'm tired of it and miss when teams like the Blue Jays, Kansas City Royals, and Pittsburgh Pirates could compete and actually garner media attention.Even if those teams were good and the Yankmees and Blowsawks sucked, ESPN would still continue with their east-coast lovefest. Just look at what we did and look at the way ESPN has covered us this season.

Soxzilla
10-01-2005, 01:03 PM
If there is any justice in the world, we will crush both the Yankees and Red Sox on our way to the World Series.

PAPChiSox729
10-01-2005, 03:19 PM
Front page right now:

"Fenway, packed. The atmosphere, electric. The baseball, good enough. With the Red Sox and Yankees even, the game doesn't get any better, Gene Wojciechowski writes"

Damnit...isn't there any scenario where neither of them makes the playoffs?

Here come the '06 D'Rays!