PDA

View Full Version : Original Predictions by ESPN "Experts"

chisox56
10-01-2005, 12:52 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?page=05expertpicks
the so called expert picks from espn at the beginning of the season:smile:

chisox56
10-01-2005, 12:54 AM
nice to see how things pan out in the end.

LuvSox
10-01-2005, 12:55 AM
I don't have to see the link to know that Jeff Brantley is an idiot.

Chisox353014
10-01-2005, 01:55 AM
Peter Gammons, ESPN
MVP:
NL: Nomar Garciaparra
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::rolling::rolling:

antitwins13
10-01-2005, 01:57 AM
I don't have to see the link to know that Jeff Brantley is an idiot.

Yeah Chris Berman is an idiot too.

SouthSide_HitMen
10-01-2005, 02:05 AM
Peter Gammons,
ESPN

:boston

World Series

Twins over Cubs

:wills

"Drillrod"

Only one "expert" at ESPN had the White Sox making the playoffs (Rob Neyer - the only writer worth reading).

Speaking of Drillrods, here are the picks of our favorite website, Baseball Prosepectus (World Series & White Sox Finish in AL Central) where the most optimistic prediction for the White Sox was 3rd:

Will Carroll - Red Cubs over Cubs; White Sox 4th
James Click - Atlanta over Red Cubs; White Sox 4th
Clay Davenport - Yankees over Cubs; White Sox 4th
Jay Jaffe - St. Louis over Twins; White Sox 3rd
Rany Jazayerli - Oakland over Phillies; White Sox 3rd
Chris Kahrl - Dodgers over None; White Sox 3rd
Jonah Keri - Red Cubs over Marlins: White Sox 4th
Dave Kirsch - Atlanta over Red Cubs; White Sox 3rd
Dayn Perry - Red Cubs over Phillies; White Sox 4th
Joe Sheehan - Minnesota over Mets; White Sox 4th
Nate Silver - Red Cubs over Phillies; White Sox 3rd
Keith Woolner - Red Cubs over Dodgers; White Sox 3rd

In fairness here was my World Series prediction at the start of the season:

Boston Red Cubs over St. Louis Cardinals in 6 games

White Sox 84 Wins Second Place

Sorry for being such a dark cloud - No teal.

FarWestChicago
10-01-2005, 02:40 AM
Speaking of Drillrods, here are the picks of our favorite website, Baseball Prosepectus (World Series & White Sox Finish in AL Central) where the most optimistic prediction for the White Sox was 3rd:

Will Carroll - Red Cubs over Cubs; White Sox 4th
James Click - Atlanta over Red Cubs; White Sox 4th
Clay Davenport - Yankees over Cubs; White Sox 4th
Jay Jaffe - St. Louis over Twins; White Sox 3rd
Rany Jazayerli - Oakland over Phillies; White Sox 3rd
Chris Kahrl - Dodgers over None; White Sox 3rd
Jonah Keri - Red Cubs over Marlins: White Sox 4th
Dave Kirsch - Atlanta over Red Cubs; White Sox 3rd
Dayn Perry - Red Cubs over Phillies; White Sox 4th
Joe Sheehan - Minnesota over Mets; White Sox 4th
Nate Silver - Red Cubs over Phillies; White Sox 3rd
Keith Woolner - Red Cubs over Dodgers; White Sox 3rdYet we have the complete moron, gasbrains around here who love BP, the irony being they believe their nonsensical devotion to these idiots makes them really "smart". My gawd, get some new idols.

:dumbass:

fquaye149
10-01-2005, 02:51 AM
Yet we have the complete moron, gasbrains around here who love BP, the irony being they believe their nonsensical devotion to these idiots makes them really "smart". My gawd, get some new idols.

:dumbass:

I noticed our old friend Joe Sheehan picked the METS to go to the WS. My goodness - if anyone tries to post anything by Joe Sheehan as anything but a cheap knock knock joke - well...just refer back to this bit of hackneyed forecasting

FarWestChicago
10-01-2005, 02:58 AM
I noticed our old friend Joe Sheehan picked the METS to go to the WS. My goodness - if anyone tries to post anything by Joe Sheehan as anything but a cheap knock knock joke - well...just refer back to this bit of hackneyed forecastingIf you want to be smart, become a disciple of Burt Ovrut (http://dept.physics.upenn.edu/facultyinfo/ovrut1.htm), Michio Kaku (http://www.mkaku.org/), somebody with a brain. These "statheads" that run around claiming they are "brilliant" because they regurgitate crap from statistical nobodies amaze me. Get a life. :rolleyes:

Fuller_Schettman
10-01-2005, 04:10 AM
If you want to be smart, become a disciple of Burt Ovrut (http://dept.physics.upenn.edu/facultyinfo/ovrut1.htm), Michio Kaku (http://www.mkaku.org/), Fuller Schettman --somebody with a brain. These "statheads" that run around claiming they are "brilliant" because they regurgitate crap from statistical nobodies amaze me. Get a life. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the props West!
:cool:

chitownhawkfan
10-01-2005, 05:08 AM
Did anybody else notice that 15 of the 19 writers chose either a Blowsox or Yankee as their AL MVP. Aren't these the same people who vote for the MVP, is it just a coincidence that these two teams dominate the coverage when it is driven by lemmings like the people in Bristol.

SouthSide_HitMen
10-01-2005, 12:01 PM
I noticed our old friend Joe Sheehan picked the METS to go to the WS. My goodness - if anyone tries to post anything by Joe Sheehan as anything but a cheap knock knock joke - well...just refer back to this bit of hackneyed forecasting

I bought a subscription based on a recommendation and boy was I disappointed. I used their product for Rotisserie but it didn't help much. Their smug know it all attitude, White Sox hatred and left wing propaganda interspersed among their flawed baseball commentary created an unhappy customer and one who would not buy a product from them in the future. I wish I had a 30 day trial . :(:

I could have bought a Sun Times and saved plenty of $.

Stroker Ace
10-01-2005, 02:46 PM
I noticed our old friend Joe Sheehan picked the METS to go to the WS. Wow. I'm a pretty big Mets fan and I wouldn't even say that. What a ******* idiot.

RKMeibalane
10-01-2005, 03:22 PM
I wonder how much money jeremyb1 had to pay Gammons to get him to pick Jeremy Reed as his ROY.

Gavin
10-01-2005, 03:32 PM
I wonder how much money jeremyb1 had to pay Gammons to get him to pick Jeremy Reed as his ROY.

Wow, RKM making fun of a troll... that's both shocking and original.

longshot7
10-01-2005, 03:50 PM
I picked the Sox to finish second too - partly because I always pick them to finish 1st and they never do.

I'm sorry. (Flagellates self)

TheDarkGundam
10-01-2005, 10:44 PM
I think, congratulating themselves on a division championship, the Sox should make a commercial with clips from all these "experts" picking the Twins/Indians to win the division. Then end it with something like: "To the media: Thanks for the support"

RadioheadRocks
10-01-2005, 10:53 PM
I think, congratulating themselves on a division championship, the Sox should make a commercial with clips from all these "experts" picking the Twins/Indians to win the division. Then end it with something like: "To the media: Thanks for the support"

...featuring the Bartles and Jaymes guys! :D:

Soxzilla
10-01-2005, 11:01 PM
Wow, RKM making fun of a troll... that's both shocking and original.

2 more weeks.

JorgeFabregas
10-01-2005, 11:05 PM

Sort of a Johnny Cash deal?

Hitmen77
10-01-2005, 11:52 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?page=05expertpicks
the so called expert picks from espn at the beginning of the season:smile:

Wow, I see one prediction for Iguchi and one for McCarthy for ROY!

Jerome
10-02-2005, 12:59 AM
Hmm, the much hated Rob Neyer picked the Sox? That's interesting. I guess a second check at his sources revelead something else. :D:

NardiWasHere
10-02-2005, 07:42 PM
Phil Rogers picked Greinke as AL Cy Young.

HAHAHAHAHAHA