PDA

View Full Version : Mark McGwire: Lying SOB

RKMeibalane
09-30-2005, 11:08 PM
Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2177468)

I've officially lost all respect for this man. All of it. I don't want to see him anywhere near the baseball HOF. He doesn't even deserve to visit the place.

Soxzilla
09-30-2005, 11:11 PM
I'm a very positive person

We know Mark. With all those roids you probably crammed up your ass, there is no way you wouldn't test positive.

LuvSox
09-30-2005, 11:17 PM
At least he never forgot how to speak English:

:nandrolone

SouthSide_HitMen
09-30-2005, 11:25 PM
http://espn-att.starwave.com/media/mlb/2005/0930/photo/g_mcgwire_195.jpg

Using the Dusty Baker "I'm holding my kid & I dare you to ask an embarrassing question" ploy.

McGwire, Sosa, Bonds, Giambi & Palmeiro. Pathetic liars.

RadioheadRocks
10-01-2005, 12:29 AM
QUOTE: "I'm a very positive person and I just wish everybody else would be positive."

I'm very positive too... positive you took steroids, bro!

kittle42
10-01-2005, 01:00 AM
Just remember....

"I am not here to talk about the past."

jdm2662
10-01-2005, 01:41 AM
Just remember....

"I am not here to talk about the past."

Damn it, you beat me to it! :D:

LongLiveFisk
10-01-2005, 07:30 AM

Using the Dusty Baker "I'm holding my kid & I dare you to ask an embarrassing question" ploy.

LOL, that is so true. Either that or these people want to show off their kids. As if NOBODY ELSE has a cute kid!

dickallen15
10-01-2005, 08:31 AM
He says he's done talking about steriods. When did he ever talk about steriods?

The Critic
10-01-2005, 08:39 AM
He says he's done talking about steriods. When did he ever talk about steriods?
When he told Congress that kids shouldn't use them 'cuz they're bad, but then couldn't say how he knows they're bad. :D:

The next step for McGwire is to do a Barry Bonds and have his kid carry a "Please Don't Ask My Daddy About Steroids" sign.

Vernam
10-01-2005, 08:40 AM
:roflmao: Reminds me of the movie "Dead Zone," where presidential candidate Martin Sheen holds a baby up to shield himself from an assassin.

McGwire is a piece of ****, and I only wish the boos last night had been even louder. I wonder if he's had any contact recently with the Maris family. I wonder if they regret the classy way they embraced him during his magical season.

Vernam

soxfan26
10-01-2005, 08:50 AM
Cardinals manager Tony La Russa had a terse response, though, to a question about McGwire's likely reception.
"I'll see you all later," he snapped. "That question shouldn't even be asked. Haven't we had a positive great season, a great 40-year history?"

Then La Russa slammed his fungo bat on a wall.

La Russa is a jackass as well.

But what can we as fans really expect to happen? Are they all going to come clean someday? no and why would they? Like it or not they will all most likely get a free pass. Time will just march on for MLB and it will be left to the sportswriters to protect whatever shred of dignity there is left to this game by not letting these ****s into Cooperstown.

Fenway
10-01-2005, 09:34 AM
Well Mark

10 years from now when I revisit Cooperstown I am happy to say that I won't see your past glorified in the Hall of Fame.

Just say either Yes or No concerning if you took steriods. As far as baseball was concerned it was legal when you played.

If you don't want to talk about the past then why go back to St Louis at all??????

I can't believe I am going to type the next sentence. I have more respect for your fellow Bash Brother than you. :angry:

StockdaleForVeep
10-01-2005, 02:13 PM
To be fair, we dont KNOW he took steroids, we assume cuz of his size and cuz of his relations to canseco, but all he ever admitted to doing was Andro, he even stated this during his 70 hr season. Andro can make u beefy if taken a while.

FarWestChicago
10-01-2005, 02:15 PM
To be fair, we dont KNOW he took steroids, we assume cuz of his size and cuz of his relations to canseco, but all he ever admitted to doing was Andro, he even stated this during his 70 hr season. Andro can make u beefy if taken a while.:roflmao:

:rolling:

RKMeibalane
10-01-2005, 02:20 PM
To be fair, we dont KNOW he took steroids, we assume cuz of his size and cuz of his relations to canseco, but all he ever admitted to doing was Andro, he even stated this during his 70 hr season. Andro can make u beefy if taken a while.

Andro is considered a steroid by MLB and by the AMA. McGwire took Andro; therefore, he took steroids. Period.

Vernam
10-01-2005, 02:21 PM
To be fair, we dont KNOW he took steroids, we assume cuz of his size and cuz of his relations to canseco, but all he ever admitted to doing was Andro, he even stated this during his 70 hr season. Andro can make u beefy if taken a while.And we don't know whether OJ killed Nicole, either. But at least he denied it.

Vernam

StockdaleForVeep
10-01-2005, 02:39 PM
Andro is considered a steroid by MLB and by the AMA. McGwire took Andro; therefore, he took steroids. Period.

Ok then i retract my statement, i didnt know it was considered a steroid, is that under the new ruling or was it stated back then? Cuz i remember the big issue was alot of stuff wasnt deemed legal or illigal because it was new

longshot7
10-01-2005, 02:44 PM
I think the argument for McGwire is the same argument for Pete Rose. Regardless of whether or not he did steroids, he belongs in the Hall of Fame because of his numbers. Keep in mind that Andro, HGH, or any other steroid were not illegal in baseball at this point. Also, McGwire hit 40 homers his rookie year, so it's not like steroids helped him hit the ball farther. If anything, steroids helped him stay healthy, which was always his problem in the mid to late 90's. Now I'll leave it as to whether steroids in sports are morally right or wrong, but there are A LOT of so-called cheaters in the HOF - pitchers who threw the spitball after it was banned, cocaine and ampthetamine users in the 70's, 80's and today who use the drugs to "get up" for the daily grind of a 162 game season. If you single one guy out for drug use, I think you have to single them all out, and there's NO WAY you can prove it 100% for every player.

Thanks for your time. I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

Chips
10-01-2005, 02:49 PM

Didn't Giambi admit to taking steriods?

FarWestChicago
10-01-2005, 02:49 PM
Also, McGwire hit 40 homers his rookie year, so it's not like steroids helped him hit the ball farther. If anything, steroids helped him stay healthy, which was always his problem in the mid to late 90's.:?: He got a lot bigger after his .201 year in 1991. I would say 'roids helped him hit the ball, period. Get a clue. :rolleyes:

SouthSide_HitMen
10-01-2005, 02:50 PM
Didn't Giambi admit to taking steriods?

He did to a Grand Jury as leaked but he still lies about it after saying "I wish I can talk about it but my lawyer advised me not to" and offering a blank "Sorry" but not admitting to it.

Vernam
10-01-2005, 03:17 PM
I think the argument for McGwire is the same argument for Pete Rose. Etc.Even if Rose's gambling affected the outcome of games his team played -- and that's clearly an offense punishable by lifetime ban -- it pales compared to how the past ten years of steroid abuse subverted the game's greatest records. I'm glad some Hall of Famers have started to speak out.

This might be as good a time as any to contrast some 2005 stats put up by Frank Thomas and Sammy Sosa.

Frank: Games=34, AB=105, HR=12, RBI=26, BA=.219, OBP=.315, SLG=.590
Sosa: Games=102, AB=380, HR=14, RBI=45, BA=.221, OBP=.295, SLG=.376

In barely over one-quarter as many at bats, Frank hit only two fewer homers. Due to injury, this year was about the weakest he has had. Sosa was fairly healthy in 2005, apart from the usual mid-season vacations due to ingrown toenails and such. Frank hit his 12 homers in 34 games on a broken foot.

I don't want to see McGwire, Sosa, Bonds, or Giambi anywhere near a Hall of Fame ceremony unless they're there to see Frank Thomas be inducted.

Vernam

chitownhawkfan
10-01-2005, 06:34 PM
I thought it was normal for 40 year old men to get pimples?:nandrolone
"Give me a call I know a great dermatologist, he might even be able to help you with that ballooned up forehead of yours. Don't worry I know people's foreheads get bigger from lifting weights and taking supplements."

MiamiSpartan
10-02-2005, 03:29 AM
Ok then i retract my statement, i didnt know it was considered a steroid, is that under the new ruling or was it stated back then? Cuz i remember the big issue was alot of stuff wasnt deemed legal or illigal because it was new

New ruling. Wasn't banned when he took it...

Brewski
10-02-2005, 09:43 AM
A bust of Mark's shrunken head would look good at the HOF. Or a before and after of the real guy and the beachball head with adult acne.

Tragg
10-02-2005, 10:06 AM
I think the argument for McGwire is the same argument for Pete Rose. Regardless of whether or not he did steroids, he belongs in the Hall of Fame because of his numbers. Keep in mind that Andro, HGH, or any other steroid were not illegal in baseball at this point. Also, McGwire hit 40 homers his rookie year, so it's not like steroids helped him hit the ball farther. If anything, steroids helped him stay healthy, which was always his problem in the mid to late 90's. Now I'll leave it as to whether steroids in sports are morally right or wrong, but there are A LOT of so-called cheaters in the HOF - pitchers who threw the spitball after it was banned, cocaine and ampthetamine users in the 70's, 80's and today who use the drugs to "get up" for the daily grind of a 162 game season. If you single one guy out for drug use, I think you have to single them all out, and there's NO WAY you can prove it 100% for every player.

Thanks for your time. I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

Many non hall of famers have a lot of 40 home run seasons. McGuire was NOT a hall of fame player, until he went crazy in St Louis. THREE players went 60 plus and all THREE are tainted. Further, McGuire refused to deny steroid use under oath. If he did steroids, and I think he did, he should not be in the hall of fame. REcords are a integral to the game of baseball (they are not to football or basketball), and he tainted them.
Of the 3, McGuire deserves Hall of Fame based on steroid performance, but not non-steroid performance...no hall of fame. Bonds should get his records stripped but earned hall of fame without challenging Aaron. Sosa doesn't earn hall of fame under any measurement.
Rose severely compromised the integrity of the game. The fact that he didn't bet against the Reds doesn't mean squat - what it means is he could have used his team to cash bets today, instead of to ensure the most wins over 162 games. When Joe Jackson gets in, then Rose can wait 80+ years and we'll think about it.

SOXSINCE'70
10-02-2005, 01:08 PM
The year 2005 will go down as the year I lost all repsect for Mark
McGwire.His 1998 HR chase helped me through a difficult time in
my life.That's been erased.He says he wants to be positive??
I'm positive your ass has no chance of being an HOF'er.
Next thing you know,he'll pull a Giambi and apologise,but
won't say what he's apologising for.:angry: :angry: :angry: