PDA

View Full Version : Robin now a Yankmee

duke of dorwood
12-07-2001, 11:27 AM
Traded today for David Justice. They always fill a hole, don't they.

oldcomiskey
12-07-2001, 11:50 AM
I dont see where they filled anyhting--ventura cant hit and they gave up way too much for him--if anything they weakened themselmes as Spencer is not the answer

duke of dorwood
12-07-2001, 11:52 AM
He is filling a hole until Drew Henson (aka their Joe Crede) is ready

Paulwny
12-07-2001, 11:55 AM
Short rf porch, 312 ft HRs

NUCatsFan
12-07-2001, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey
I dont see where they filled anyhting--ventura cant hit and they gave up way too much for him--if anything they weakened themselmes as Spencer is not the answer

Well, by trading away Justice, they freed up money to sign Alou. I give it a 98% chance of happening.

oldcomiskey
12-07-2001, 12:03 PM
so let them--Alou will be hurt and theyll have to use Spencer there anyway

bringbackrobin
12-07-2001, 12:10 PM
This is a good trade for the Yankees. Robin can still be productive, and they don't have to take on any (or at least not much) additional payroll.

And the difference between Crede and Henson is that Crede is much more ready. Henson has more potential, though.

duke of dorwood
12-07-2001, 12:24 PM
I am glad the Robin rumors about coming here did not happen. I want Crede at third

PaleHoseGeorge
12-07-2001, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
I am glad the Robin rumors about coming here did not happen. I want Crede at third

You better start hoping for Clayton to get traded. Puss arm has chosen not to invoke his "trade me" clause, and KW is telling the Cubune Valentin will be the everyday thirdbasemen.

There is a lot of love Clayton feels for (some) Sox Fans (and vice versa). :cool:

Can't imagine who would want his whining $4.5 million butt, even if he did demand a trade.

duke of dorwood
12-07-2001, 12:40 PM
There goes my lunch..........

:hitless

Trade clause? I love it here. Notice? I never complained.

RedPinStripes
12-07-2001, 01:11 PM
The Yankees have the best infield in baseball as far as I can seeas soon a Giambi is signed. I think Ventura is there to teach Henson the position.

Ventura is the only Yankee I can't hate. I'll hate Giambi for going there, but not Robin.

You can dislike King George out of envy, but you have to admire him. What an owner!!!!!!!

tiger1972
12-07-2001, 01:44 PM
Excellent move by the Yankees. Justice was continually hurt and obviously at the end of his career. Ventura will hit better when surrounded by Yankee hitters - there was only Piazza on Mets and Ventura was supposed to protect him, not vice versa. Just remember Thomas' great year when Franco protected him. Yankees win because they outplan the rest of the league. They have already made two - possibly three major moves (if Giambi signing is real). There next move will probably be pitching as that is their real question-mark and has been the strength of their recent pennant winning teams. We all could learn from them instead of criticizing. White Sox have just as much money, they just refuse to spend it - and their owners are from New York anyway! Always puzzles me that Chicago - with all its wealth - could not get local personnel to own the Sox!

harwar
12-07-2001, 03:46 PM
Yea,this trade is all about getting rid of D.Justice.

danman31
12-07-2001, 03:49 PM
I just hope Ventura gets playing time(which I think he will) and a title. Even if it was with the Yankees. Robin is worth it.

Soxheads
12-07-2001, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by danman31
I just hope Ventura gets playing time(which I think he will) and a title. Even if it was with the Yankees. Robin is worth it.

If he gets a title I dont want it to be with the Yankmees.

danman31
12-07-2001, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Soxheads
If he gets a title I dont want it to be with the Yankmees.

Neither do I, but where else is he going to get one? Do you really think the Yanks won't win the WS in 2002 after signing Giambi and Karsay?

FarWestChicago
12-07-2001, 04:24 PM

Do you really think the Yanks won't win the WS in 2002 after signing Giambi and Karsay? :tool

If I have my way, there won't be a World Series in 2002!

Soxheads
12-07-2001, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
:tool

If I have my way, there won't be a World Series in 2002!

Yep, no WS with me on your side!http://smarch.com/pictures/devil-1.gif

GASHWOUND
12-08-2001, 04:08 AM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey

What they did was get a left handed Scott Brosus. Ventura can't do any worse than what Brosus was doing last year. So it was a good trade for the Spanks. Giambi will make up any offense left by Justice.

CubKilla
12-08-2001, 10:14 AM
Anybody else agree with me NOW that Arizona beating NY in the World Series was the ABSOLUTE WORST thing that could have happened to the American League? And we all know that GS ain't done yet. BARTENDER!!!!!..... :gulp:

Mathew
12-10-2001, 02:50 AM
Justice Sucked. If he didn't suck bad enough in the regular season than how about the W.S. he really sucked. Robin is better than Scott Atrocious and Drew Henson is another Yankme over hype. He has potential but not big league yet at all.

Mathew
12-10-2001, 04:13 AM

Neither do I, but where else is he going to get one? Do you really think the Yanks won't win the WS in 2002 after signing Giambi and Karsay?

I don't think the Yanks will win next year. For the sake of I told ya' sos I said in August that Seattle wouldn't get there this year.