PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Promotions

anewman35
09-30-2005, 09:10 PM
Saw during the game that game 2 is "Thunderstick Day", but I haven't been watching the entire thing - did they announce any giveaways for game 1?

skobabe8
09-30-2005, 09:14 PM
Saw during the game that game 2 is "Thunderstick Day", but I haven't been watching the entire thing - did they announce any giveaways for game 1?

NO!!!!!!!

anewman35
09-30-2005, 09:22 PM
NO!!!!!!!

Yeah, that was kind of my feeling too. Maybe they'll be less annoying if they're on our side?

mike squires
09-30-2005, 09:26 PM
Geez that sucks. We don't have to be like everyone else. We are not the type of fans to have those things. Whatever happened to bringing just a sock and waving it around. Didn't we do that in 93???

Vernam
09-30-2005, 09:28 PM
I nearly gagged when I saw the Thundersticks ad during tonight's game. Given how our guys have played in front of big home crowds, I think we should all be quiet as mice instead.

Vernam

HotelWhiteSox
09-30-2005, 10:15 PM
I agree with a thumbsdown on the thundersticks. The Cell has had an unbelievable electricity just from games in the regular season (the 26,000 crowd game vs the Indians was amazing), we don't need manufactured noise!

LuvSox
09-30-2005, 10:34 PM
Game 1 is rally towels.

Ol' No. 2
09-30-2005, 10:43 PM
Screw all that stuff. Bring white socks.

soxwon
09-30-2005, 11:40 PM
All fans get the gift of- THE SOX IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!

skobabe8
09-30-2005, 11:48 PM
Yeah, that was kind of my feeling too. Maybe they'll be less annoying if they're on our side?

If the best thing you can say about something is its "less annoying" then you know it must suck.

To me, thundersticks represent everything thats wrong with the world. I hate them like the plague.

GO RALLY SOX!

oeo
10-01-2005, 12:14 AM

Thats what I want...it can't cost much to give everyone in the park a white sock, I mean how awesome would that look.

Corlose 15
10-01-2005, 12:19 AM
I'm glad on not the only one who realizes that thundersticks are the root of all evil and must be wiped from the face of the earth. :D:

oeo
10-01-2005, 12:27 AM
BTW, what's with all your hate for thundersticks? I know we don't have to "be like everyone else", but who says we are? The things are loud, the Cell is going to be so loud with our crowd and the thundersticks. It seems like some of you just hate things because you don't want to be like everyone else. Oh well...we're not trying to be somebody else, we're trying to make the stadium as loud and electric as possible. If you don't like the thundersticks, don't get one...why complain about it?

And you're telling me if you go to that game, you won't take one...when 20 years from now, you have a great memory of that game. Your telling me you wouldn't want the thing to show your children or grandchildren down the road? It's a great souvenir no matter what it is...

antitwins13
10-01-2005, 12:28 AM
Thunderstruck=good idea

Thundersticks=bad idea

skobabe8
10-01-2005, 12:45 AM
BTW, what's with all your hate for thundersticks? I know we don't have to "be like everyone else", but who says we are? The things are loud, the Cell is going to be so loud with our crowd and the thundersticks. It seems like some of you just hate things because you don't want to be like everyone else. Oh well...we're not trying to be somebody else, we're trying to make the stadium as loud and electric as possible. If you don't like the thundersticks, don't get one...why complain about it?

And you're telling me if you go to that game, you won't take one...when 20 years from now, you have a great memory of that game. Your telling me you wouldn't want the thing to show your children or grandchildren down the road? It's a great souvenir no matter what it is...

Thats exactly what Im telling you. I would NEVER take one of those monstrosities. Id rather dig a peanut shell out of the trash to show my kids 20 years from now than a thunderstick. At least my kids would respect me more.

BainesHOF
10-01-2005, 01:29 AM
Thundersticks are a TERRIBLE idea.

gosox3072
10-01-2005, 02:35 AM
Is game one really rally towel day?.....because if it is YESSSSSSSSSSSSS:bandance:

mike squires
10-01-2005, 06:50 AM
Is game one really rally towel day?.....because if it is YESSSSSSSSSSSSS:bandance:

Yuuup. Hopefully we'll get to use them!:D:

soxwon
10-01-2005, 10:10 AM
Wheres the Rally Pantys?

Fenway
10-01-2005, 10:16 AM

shaking head

I hate them at Bruins games

BeviBall!
10-01-2005, 11:22 AM
Thats what I want...it can't cost much to give everyone in the park a white sock, I mean how awesome would that look.

1993... it looked awesome when Ozzie gave us the lead with his 2-RBI single. They whole park waved white socks.

oeo
10-01-2005, 11:26 AM
Thats exactly what Im telling you. I would NEVER take one of those monstrosities. Id rather dig a peanut shell out of the trash to show my kids 20 years from now than a thunderstick. At least my kids would respect me more.

Why, though? Why is it a monstrosity? Because other teams have used them, and if we were the first we'd be all over them or what? We're not trying to be like everyone else, if anything everyone is trying to be like us in many ways.

Your children would respect you more? :?:

robertks61
10-01-2005, 12:11 PM

I agree, it's been done before and it's not annoying!
GO SOX!