PDA

View Full Version : Day Game

basilesox
09-30-2005, 09:53 PM
Does anybody know the chances that Tuesday and/or Thursday's game could be a day game? Has this information been released yet.

anewman35
09-30-2005, 10:06 PM
Does anybody know the chances that Tuesday and/or Thursday's game could be a day game? Has this information been released yet.

Any of the games could be day games, they aren't going to announce the schedule until the East and Wild Card are settled.

SouthSide_HitMen
09-30-2005, 10:07 PM

Chances are 99% the games will be late day games (the second game is on Wednesday) unless we play either Boston or New York - then it is 99% the games will be at 7:30 CDT.

HebrewHammer
10-01-2005, 12:24 AM
I had an hour long conversation with my dad about this.

We both came up with the following conclusion making the most sense.

The early games have to be Houston/Atlanta or St. Louis/San Diego. Have to be. The AL has the bigger markets and more interest.

If we face Anaheim, we can't be the early game because there's no way the networks would put Chicago and LA on in the AM.

If we face Boston or New York we have to think there's enough interest in either of those series to warrant prime time or the afternoon game. if its Boston, its the best team in the AL vs the defending champs. If its NY, you've got NY and Chicago, no way that won't pull in a bigger rating.

I just hope that we don't get stuck with the early game. If we do, I'll have to race from work at 12:30 to get to the ballpark for the end. It sucks only being able to get a half day on Tuesday and Wednesday for these games.

elrod
10-01-2005, 01:05 AM
After the Knights dispatched the Indians, it looks like we'll be playing Boston or New York at night.

dickallen15
10-01-2005, 10:58 PM
Rich King just said WGN has been informed the Sox will be playing Tuesday afternoon. They do not have the exact time yet. The Yankees are in prime time.

Ol' No. 2
10-01-2005, 11:00 PM
Rich King just said WGN has been informed the Sox will be playing Tuesday afternoon. They do not have the exact time yet. The Yankees are in prime time.Who would have guessed?

MRKARNO
10-01-2005, 11:02 PM
Rich King just said WGN has been informed the Sox will be playing Tuesday afternoon. They do not have the exact time yet. The Yankees are in prime time.
It will probably be a 3:05 game. I'd also guess that Wednsday will be a night game. I would think it maximizes the ratings if they alternate which team is playing a night game.

HotelWhiteSox
10-01-2005, 11:04 PM
Most likely will be Red Sox at White Sox, Tuesday, 3 PM, ESPN

Jurr
10-01-2005, 11:05 PM
It will probably be a 3:05 game. I'd also guess that Wednsday will be a night game. I would think it maximizes the ratings if they alternate which team is playing a night game.
Yeah...as a network person, I guess you'd have to take advantage of the ratings that would come with a matchup with the LA and NY markets. Those are some huge ratings potentially, though you know what I think about the networks.:rolleyes:

chisoxmike
10-01-2005, 11:05 PM
For Tuesday...

If its vs. the Yankees its a 7pm game. If its against the Angels/Red Sox its at 3pm.

The 12pm game is Padres vs. Cardninals.

chisoxfanatic
10-01-2005, 11:11 PM
Yeah...as a network person, I guess you'd have to take advantage of the ratings that would come with a matchup with the LA and NY markets. Those are some huge ratings potentially, though you know what I think about the networks.:rolleyes:

The only ratings they'll be pulling are from New York, because LA isn't a hardcore sports town. The only time they ever get "giddy" are bandwagoners during the Lakers' 3-peat.

Lip Man 1
10-01-2005, 11:38 PM
Mark Gonzales in his game recap story on the Tribune web site says Game #1 is now 'officially' at 3:05 PM Chicago time Tuesday afternoon.

Shadows could be an issue at Comiskey Park in the later innings.
Lip