:chunks

soxwon
09-30-2005, 10:51 PM
everythings going according to my plan.

we beat clev atleast 2 of 3, boston wins 2 of 3 from ny
ny-clev play monday for wild card
yankees win
we play the new yorkers tuesday.

if we sweep clev its new york all alone baby.

itsnotrequired
09-30-2005, 10:54 PM
Phillies win, Astros lose. Astros up by one with two left to play. This one is getting exciting...

MRKARNO
09-30-2005, 11:17 PM
everythings going according to my plan.

we beat clev atleast 2 of 3, boston wins 2 of 3 from ny
ny-clev play monday for wild card
yankees win
we play the new yorkers tuesday.

if we sweep clev its new york all alone baby.

If we take 2 of 3 from Cleveland and Boston wins 2 of 3 from NYY, Boston wins the Wild Card and the Yankees the division. Cleveland would have 94 wins and Boston 95. The Yankees also would have 95, but would win the division by virtue of the fact that they would win the head-to-head tiebreaker 10-9 over the Red Sox.

soxwon
10-01-2005, 10:16 AM
If we take 2 of 3 from Cleveland and Boston wins 2 of 3 from NYY, Boston wins the Wild Card and the Yankees the division. Cleveland would have 94 wins and Boston 95. The Yankees also would have 95, but would win the division by virtue of the fact that they would win the head-to-head tiebreaker 10-9 over the Red Sox.

sounds good to me.

hawkjt
10-01-2005, 10:51 AM
I want the carmines.- the yanks are hotter right now. They are hitting on all cylinders right now.

Fenway
10-01-2005, 10:55 AM
I want the carmines.- the yanks are hotter right now. They are hitting on all cylinders right now.

be careful what you wish for. Boston seemed to get it back in the last game with Toronto and now Manny is hitting.

BUT

both Boston and New York have very flawed bullpens. If you get the starter out early you are in good shape. Cripes Theo grabbed Mike Stanton for 4 days and gave up 2 low level prospects to Washington.

ilsox7
10-01-2005, 12:07 PM
be careful what you wish for. Boston seemed to get it back in the last game with Toronto and now Manny is hitting.

BUT

both Boston and New York have very flawed bullpens. If you get the starter out early you are in good shape. Cripes Theo grabbed Mike Stanton for 4 days and gave up 2 low level prospects to Washington.

The Red Sox will be the weakest team in the playoffs of they make it. That's not saying much, though, b/c every team in the playoffs is good and can beat any other team. But the starting pitching is atrocious and there is no bullpen to back them up. To win, they will have to slug their way to 10-9 games, which is not easy to do against teams with outstanding starting pitching.

soxwon
10-01-2005, 05:33 PM
outstanding starting pitching.

Hey thats us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

soxwon
10-01-2005, 07:31 PM
so if boston wins, clev is out?

if the yanks win then what?

PaleHoseGeorge
10-01-2005, 07:47 PM
if the yanks win then what?

Cleveland must also win to force a 1-game playoff in Boston. Otherwise Boston is in regardless what Cleveland does.

Sucks to be Cleveland.
:cool: