PDA

View Full Version : Did Carl Celebrate With The Team After The Game?

Realist
09-30-2005, 05:16 PM
I haven't watched all of the post game celebrating with the team, but I've seen a ton of it. I kept looking for Carl Everett, but I never saw him. Did I just miss him or was he not in the clubhouse with the other players?

If he wasn't with them, could his religious beliefs have kept him away from the liquor being splashed around?

veeter
09-30-2005, 05:18 PM
I have it taped so I'll check it out.

whitesoxwilkes
09-30-2005, 05:20 PM
I actually came right out and asked Crazy Carl in the bar at Soxfest if he drank, and he told me "wine on occasion."

So I'm sure he partook in sparkling wine on a very special occasion yesterday.

chitownhawkfan
09-30-2005, 05:26 PM
I actually came right out and asked Crazy Carl in the bar at Soxfest if he drank, and he told me "wine on occasion."

So I'm sure he partook in sparkling wine on a very special occasion yesterday.

Maybe wine on occasion means church on sundays

soltrain21
09-30-2005, 05:32 PM

Carl is a lot like me. Minus the wine, and the no dinosaur thing, and the ability to hit a baseball rather far.

I am sure he was in the clubhouse, he was probably just staying out of the way. For as much as he cares about his teammates you KNOW he had to be there.

TaylorStSox
09-30-2005, 05:35 PM
I saw him doing interviews on the field for a while after the game.

He doesn't seem like the type to celebrate that much. He's been here before, so he's probably still thinking about the big picture.

Optipessimism
09-30-2005, 05:42 PM
I saw him doing interviews on the field for a while after the game.

He doesn't seem like the type to celebrate that much. He's been here before, so he's probably still thinking about the big picture.

He was probably the designated driver....

http://www.mathematik.uni-ulm.de/~s_mhasch/flintstone_car.jpg

crazyozzie02
09-30-2005, 05:53 PM
Can someone explain to me what religion he is and why he wouldnt celebrate. Thanks

Colin

dickallen15
09-30-2005, 05:55 PM
I saw him with a cigar in his mouth and a bottle of champagne in his hand.

Baby Fisk
09-30-2005, 06:02 PM
Can someone explain to me what religion he is and why he wouldnt celebrate. Thanks

Colin
Choosing not to drink doesn't have to be for strictly religious reasons.

crazyozzie02
09-30-2005, 06:23 PM

I realize that. I was just wondering if it had anything because religion was brought up in the thread earlier. Sorry if i offended anyone.

skobabe8
09-30-2005, 07:32 PM
I saw him with a cigar in his mouth and a bottle of champagne in his hand.

Me too. Saw him blow the cigar smoke into the camera on every channel.

chitownhawkfan
09-30-2005, 08:34 PM

You know what they say, never trust a man that doesn't drink.

I want Mags back
09-30-2005, 08:36 PM
Me too. Saw him blow the cigar smoke into the camera on every channel.

I thought that was El Duque

JohnBasedowYoda
09-30-2005, 08:38 PM

:farmer

Daver
09-30-2005, 08:46 PM

I can't be trusted?

skobabe8
09-30-2005, 08:50 PM
I thought that was El Duque

Was it?

LuvSox
09-30-2005, 10:37 PM

Colin

:whocares

BRDSR
09-30-2005, 10:43 PM
I can't be trusted?

Neither can I Daver. Lets be untrustworthy together.

Just curious, why does everyone say that? Is it because a sober person may come up with some devious sceme to rip off drunk people because they're drunk. I've never heard that saying.

Norberto7
09-30-2005, 10:46 PM

"I haven't a particle of confidence in a man who has no redeemng petty vices."

-Samuel Clemens

LuvSox
09-30-2005, 11:05 PM
I can't be trusted?

Buckhorn doesn't count?

Soxzilla
09-30-2005, 11:15 PM
I can't be trusted?

I guess I can't be trusted either.

I pity the fool that doesn't trust a man with an elephant gun.

Daver
09-30-2005, 11:22 PM
Buckhorn doesn't count?

Yeah, that six pack a year that I drink four of counts.

fquaye149
10-01-2005, 01:48 AM
Neither can I Daver. Lets be untrustworthy together.

Just curious, why does everyone say that? Is it because a sober person may come up with some devious sceme to rip off drunk people because they're drunk. I've never heard that saying.

I think the idea behind the saying is that people who stay sober do it because they have something to hide they're afraid inebriation might bring to surface.

Pretty bull**** if you ask me - I've been able to hide all my deep dark secrets even in the throes of a good bender or two.

Anyway - some of my best friends are teetotalers (sp?) and some of my other best friends could put all-you-can-drink bars out of business (believe me, we've tried)

What I was curious about is didn't Bobby Jenks have a problem with alcoholism while he was in Anaheim? I don't know exactly what the deal was...but it was just something that came to mind when I saw him doused in champagne.

Nellie_Fox
10-01-2005, 01:54 AM
Just curious, why does everyone say that?It's the title of a book written by W.C. Fields. It's a joke.
http://www.acornbooks.com/acorn/images/items/241591.jpg

daveeym
10-01-2005, 10:12 AM
I think the idea behind the saying is that people who stay sober do it because they have something to hide they're afraid inebriation might bring to surface.

Pretty bull**** if you ask me - I've been able to hide all my deep dark secrets even in the throes of a good bender or two.

Anyway - some of my best friends are teetotalers (sp?) and some of my other best friends could put all-you-can-drink bars out of business (believe me, we've tried)

What I was curious about is didn't Bobby Jenks have a problem with alcoholism while he was in Anaheim? I don't know exactly what the deal was...but it was just something that came to mind when I saw him doused in champagne. Jenks commented on that earlier in the season. He said something to the effect of "i was just an immature young guy living the life. I'm not an alcoholic, i just liked to have fun and my immaturity let the situation get to me. I've matured and I'm through that stage."

arbutron
10-01-2005, 10:20 AM
I'd love to have a cold one or 10 with Bobby.

BeviBall!
10-01-2005, 11:21 AM

I was wondering about Jenks... maybe they shipped in non-alcholic champagne? O'Korbel?

chitownhawkfan
10-01-2005, 11:56 AM

Colin

I'm just guessing here, but from some of his positions maybe he is Pentecostal or a Seventh Day Adventist?

JB98
10-01-2005, 12:09 PM
I'm just guessing here, but from some of his positions maybe he is Pentecostal or a Seventh Day Adventist?

I thought I read that Carl was a Jehovah's Witness. I could be wrong. I don't know enough about these religions to hazard a guess.

BTW, I can't be trusted either. My dad had serious problems with alcoholism. After watching what happened to him, I just can't touch the stuff.

chitownhawkfan
10-01-2005, 12:19 PM
I thought I read that Carl was a Jehovah's Witness. I could be wrong. I don't know enough about these religions to hazard a guess.

BTW, I can't be trusted either. My dad had serious problems with alcoholism. After watching what happened to him, I just can't touch the stuff.

He might be a Jehova's Witness, but when I said to never trust a man that doesnt drink it was only in jest. Sorry to hear of your father and I can respect any man that can resist the temptation and have the will to be permanently sober. I think I heard that phrase in a Clint Eastwood western or something and I just always thought it was kind of funny.

oldcomiskey
10-01-2005, 02:12 PM

I read somewhere whre both his parents are ordained pentecostal ministers

The Racehorse
10-01-2005, 03:06 PM
"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues"
Abraham Lincoln

... unless it's baseball, then I don't care, even if he's a pious, holier-than-thou tee teetotaler... as long as he can play.

gehrtsox7
10-01-2005, 07:26 PM
It was El Duque blowing smoke backwards through his cigar into the camera. I kept looking for Carl too. I think I saw him taking a celebration picture on the field after the locker room fun. But I didnt see him in the locker room. I didnt really see Podsednik either.

Palehose13
10-01-2005, 07:32 PM
It was El Duque blowing cigar smoke backwards into the camera. I didnt see Carl or Podsednick in the locker room. I thought I saw Carl taking the on field celebration picture though.

Oh...Podsednik was there.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/media/photo/2005-09/19727930.jpg

jabrch
10-01-2005, 07:32 PM

I gotta imagine Big Bad Bobby would be really fun at a bar somewhere.