PDA

View Full Version : Are the Jndjans "America's team" now?

Iwritecode
09-30-2005, 04:34 PM
You pulling for the Indians or you suck! (http://www.sportsline.com/columns/story/8910946/2)

...or a White Sox fan.

Some quotes that make me wanna puke:

And then there's Cleveland proper. The fans there have suffered through the Indians far more than Red Sox fans...

And far less than White Sox fans.

Instead, their long-sufferers tend to be shot-and-a-beer guys who don't have book contracts jumping out at them from behind bushes, so their tortures don't have a voice...

The only voice we have is an occasional Kass article.

And no, we want to hear nothing from Chicago or San Diego, because White Sox fans are beginning to insist they've suffered way more than most other people, and as soon as you start telling us how much you've suffered, it stops being suffering and leaks into self-indulgence.

Try sharing a city with the Cubs for one season. You'll find out what suffering really is.

SoxSpeed22
09-30-2005, 05:08 PM
How pointless and ridiculous.
EDIT: Well, since you asked, I find this article rather shallow and pedantic.

Baby Fisk
09-30-2005, 05:30 PM
You pulling for the Indians or you suck! (http://www.sportsline.com/columns/story/8910946/2)

...or a White Sox fan.

Try sharing a city with the Cubs for one season. You'll find out what suffering really is.
We have a voice. It's White Sox Interactive. We speak for ourselves; we don't need poets or journalists to do it for us. There are better writers here with more clarity of opinion than from any other source of info for White Sox baseball. :thumbsup:

downstairs
09-30-2005, 05:31 PM
Has anyone ever been to that wretched city (and especially its outlying area).

No, no chance of them being America's team. Never.

Detroit will be the cultural and economic center of our nation before that happens.

TommyJohn
09-30-2005, 05:39 PM

...or a White Sox fan.

This is the same guy who wrote an article two years ago praising White Sox
fans for their stoicism in the face of the poetic yammering of Cub and Red
Sox fans. He praised Sox fans as rustic blue-collar types who don't complain
except to say "The Sox? They suck. Pass another beer, Stosh." Or some-
thing on that order. So he basically has recyled the same article, but has
now selected the Indians and their fans as the Ones Who Have Suffered
In Silence.

SOXPHILE
09-30-2005, 05:53 PM
Oh Dear Lord.

RadioheadRocks
09-30-2005, 07:23 PM
Ray Ratto of the San Francisco Chronicle... this one's for YOU!!!

http://www.sallad.net/blog/loser-thumb.jpg (http://www.sallad.net/blog/loser.jpg)

"LOSER!!!"

LongLiveFisk
09-30-2005, 11:57 PM

This is the one fact that, while obvious to White Sox fans, continues to go unnoticed (or unacknowledged) by all these so-called baseball experts. If they were that smart, they would easily figure this out for themselves.

SOX ADDICT '73
10-01-2005, 12:04 AM
HERE'S TO SUCKING! :cheers:

(Or, is that what Cleveland's been doing for the last week?)

chisox56
10-01-2005, 12:19 AM
stupidest article ever.

skobabe8
10-01-2005, 12:59 AM
Ironic that he is self indulging about how long suffering Indians fans are.

dcb33
10-01-2005, 02:45 AM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_340393.jpg
"I must suck then, becuase the only thing I pulled tonight was that gapper deep to right center to beat your sorry ass Indians. You gotta conquer Charlotte before you conquer America, Ray. Oh, and how about them Browns?"

Banix12
10-01-2005, 03:00 AM
I'm just tired of hearing about any fans of any team "suffering". As if it makes their fandom any more valid than another persons just because they root for a team they "suffer" for. The Sox haven't won anything for a long time and I don't consider myself a suffering fan. I enjoy rooting for them, sure it gets tougher in the leaner years but I would hardly call it suffering.

chaerulez
10-01-2005, 10:36 AM
What is it with morons and the SF Chronicle? First that Bruce Jenkins guy that said Chicago doesn't understand Baker because of his race, and now this garbage about how we should feel sorry for Cleveland.

TornLabrum
10-01-2005, 01:16 PM
What is it with morons and the SF Chronicle? First that Bruce Jenkins guy that said Chicago doesn't understand Baker because of his race, and now this garbage about how we should feel sorry for Cleveland.

And don't forget the Pierzynski kick in the balls story.

jackbrohamer
10-01-2005, 01:22 PM
And don't forget the Pierzynski kick in the balls story.

Hey if The Brett Tomko sez AJ's a "clubhouse cancer," ANONYMOUSLY, it's gotta be true right?!

PaleHoseGeorge
10-01-2005, 04:47 PM
Cleveland's not America's Team.

They're America's Losers and the White Sox' bitch.

:cool:

Frankfan4life
10-02-2005, 11:40 AM
And no, we want to hear nothing from Chicago or San Diego, because White Sox fans are beginning to insist they've suffered way more than most other people, and as soon as you start telling us how much you've suffered, it stops being suffering and leaks into self-indulgence.Ratso, in case you haven't noticed, we're not complaining, we're celebrating!!
This year is a success story for the Sox, no matter what comes next. Most of the media predicted that Minnesota and Cleveland (and in some cases Detroit) would do better than the Sox this year.

And, who is this "we" this guy is speaking for? Obviously, he is arrogant enough to believe he has been appointed to speak for the nation. "...as soon as you start telling us how much you've suffered, it stops being suffering and leaks into self-indulgence." What!!??? The media totally embraced Boston for their complaining and whining about not winning a World Series since 1918 and the cubs have become media darlings for embracing their many curses. Complaining about curses and 1917 has never been our style. Anyone who knows anything about Sox fans would know that.

This is one of the stupidest, most idiotic articles I have ever read. I feel sorry for Indians fans if they bought into anything this pompous lunatic said.

SOXSINCE'70
10-02-2005, 01:54 PM
I just e mailed this asswipe and told him what "long suffering"
truly means.Root for the Indians?? Geez,next you'll tell me
Osama Bin Laden and Scott Boras are just misunderstood.:angry: