PDA

View Full Version : Lineup tonight: Wow!

cheeses_h_rice
09-30-2005, 03:02 PM
Timo, Widger, Blum, Gload, Borchard...if I'm hearing WSCR correctly.

downstairs
09-30-2005, 03:04 PM

Here it is:

1. Pods
2. Anderson
3. Gload
4. Borch
5. Crede
6. Timo
7. Widger
8. Blum
9. Harris

The Indians owe us a big thank-you if they get to the postseason.

HotelWhiteSox
09-30-2005, 03:04 PM
Must've been some party last night!

Fenway
09-30-2005, 03:06 PM
WEEI going ballistic over this

but damn it you deserve it you clinched

DaleJRFan
09-30-2005, 03:06 PM
WOW. After seeing that, I ACTUALLY laughed out loud. It's going to be a fun night! :D:

CHIsoxNation
09-30-2005, 03:10 PM
That's pretty funny. Hopefully Mark is on his game tonight, this could get interesting.

knocko94
I Love It!

cleanwsox
Anybody else excited to see Anderson, Gload, and LTP in the 2,3, and 4 hole?

No teal police needed, I'm actually pumped about tonight to see how they perform.

Palehose13
WOW. After seeing that, I ACTUALLY laughed out loud. It's going to be a fun night! :D:

Hell yeah! I also have a little smirk on my face because Boston is pissed. They need to take care of their own business.

DaleJRFan
09-30-2005, 03:11 PM

No teal police needed, I'm actually pumped about tonight to see how they perform.

I completely agree. Can't wat to watch. Finally Gload gets a chance to show em what he's got... and Crede in the 5-hole... go get em Joe!

Jerko
09-30-2005, 03:13 PM
I'm sure that lineup is for today only. Hangovers are a bitch. However, if we needed a team to knock somebody off and they started a lineup like this one, we'd be pissed.

SouthSide_HitMen
09-30-2005, 03:13 PM
They said last night when the cubs clinched in 1984 Jim Frey told the team the first nine guys who show up tomorrow were the starters. I wonder if Ozzie had the same policy.

Glad Joe will get a few games back to get up to speed for the playoffs. I still think the Sox can win tonight. I fear no team.

pdimas
09-30-2005, 03:14 PM
I gotta say i'm a little excited to see how that lineup performs. I can't honestly say i'd be surprised if they play a hell of a game.

SOecks
09-30-2005, 03:14 PM
Hilarious. Even better and more interesting will be if we score like crazy and beat the pants off the Indians with this lineup.

Mickster
09-30-2005, 03:16 PM
WEEI going ballistic over this.

:boston
"It's a travesty!"

LuvSox
09-30-2005, 03:16 PM
I also have a little smirk on my face because Boston is pissed. They need to take care of their own business.

They shouldn't have waited until the last three games of the year to choose their fate. :D:

CaptainBallz
09-30-2005, 03:17 PM
Hangovers are a bitch.

Aren't athletes supposed to be role models for a clean lifestyle?

Yah, I'd be pissed if I was Boston. But, hey, watch em serve the toons the "Bench Bidness".

Go Sox!

cleanwsox
09-30-2005, 03:17 PM
Any predictions on the Timo-Widger-Blum combination tonight?

I'll go with a 2-13 with 4 K's

jdm2662
09-30-2005, 03:18 PM
Watch them score eight runs and win. That would be funny as hell.

MarySwiss
09-30-2005, 03:19 PM
I'm perfectly fine with this, but do you suppose there's any chance that this is not the real lineup? And if it is, I'm kind of surprised they're not resting Pods.

downstairs
09-30-2005, 03:20 PM
Any predictions on the Timo-Widger-Blum combination tonight?

I'll go with a 2-13 with 4 K's

I call they go 18-21 in a 21-4 rout over the Indians.

halfpricemonday
09-30-2005, 03:22 PM
Man, with this type of lineup you have to wonder who's available in the bullpen. Did anyone see if Kevin Walker is back with the team? We know Cotts, Cliff, and Bobby appeared yesterday, so I'm guessing they're unavailable. Will we see a steady diet of Baj, Sanders, and maybe El Duque until Oct 4th? What's the best way to handle the bullpen these last three games?

cheeses_h_rice
09-30-2005, 03:23 PM
I want Ozzie to play mostly starters the last 2 games of this series. I want the White Sox to win 1 more and have the UNDISPUTED, undeniable best record in the division and the American League. Seriously, winning 1 more will prevent hundreds of meaningless, petty arguments from Tribe and Yankees fans for years to come.

"Oh, you won the division? Sure looks like we had the same record as you guys, and you only won because you beat up on our first half team. We took 5 of the last 6 from you, after all."

:rolleyes:

cleanwsox
09-30-2005, 03:24 PM
What's the best way to handle the bullpen these last three games?

I wouldn't mind seeing a bunch of Marte and seeing if he can be of any help during the playoffs. Right now, I'll puke if I see him strutting out there in a close playoff game.

Rocky Soprano
09-30-2005, 03:25 PM
Well I guess they are confident they will get the one win we need to clinch home field advantage.

Johnny Mostil
09-30-2005, 03:25 PM
Here it is:

1. Pods
2. Anderson
3. Gload
4. Borch
5. Crede
6. Timo
7. Widger
8. Blum
9. Harris

Where's Minnie Minoso?

Iwritecode
09-30-2005, 03:26 PM
"It's a travesty!"

"It's a sham!"

Chisox003
09-30-2005, 03:26 PM
So, what does the series mean to Chicago?

``Nothing,'' said Mark Buehrle (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/6525/), Friday's scheduled starter.

Commissioner Bud Selig may have something to say about that. Asked whether he would tell the White Sox to use their starters this weekend, Selig said: ``I have faith in the clubs. The clubs know what to do. I'm not telling them anything.''

Some teams prefer to rest regulars after they clinch first place. Selig wasn't concerned the White Sox would do that. ``They're still playing for home field,'' he said.
Sorry Bud, you ain't managing.

I like this lineup tonight.

Jenks4Pres
09-30-2005, 03:27 PM
Must've been some party last night!

:D: nice post

Palehose13
09-30-2005, 03:27 PM
I want Ozzie to play mostly starters the last 2 games of this series. I want the White Sox to win 1 more and have the UNDISPUTED, undeniable best record in the division and the American League. Seriously, winning 1 more will prevent hundreds of meaningless, petty arguments from Tribe and Yankees fans for years to come.

"Oh, you won the division? Sure looks like we had the same record as you guys, and you only won because you beat up on our first half team. We took 5 of the last 6 from you, after all."

Cheeses, don't worry. They'll get one. Trust me. Have faith! :wink:

MarySwiss
09-30-2005, 03:29 PM
Well I guess they are confident they will get the one win we need to clinch home field advantage.

I believe all we need to clinch it is 1 Yankees loss, correct? We have a two-game lead and we own the tiebreaker. So if the Yankees should lose tonight....

:D:

DaleJRFan
09-30-2005, 03:30 PM
Sorry Bud, you ain't managing.

I like this lineup tonight.

I don't think this is a Bud-related issue. Who the hell actually asked him if he was going to contact KW/Ozzie to insist they use the starters??? Gimme a break... More media bull****. :cool:

cheeses_h_rice
Cheeses, don't worry. They'll get one. Trust me. Have faith! :wink:

Oh, I do. But I am disappointed to see such a weak lineup being fielded tonight. I mean, it obviously stinks of phoning it in. I didn't expect the lineup that's been playing most of the last 2 weeks, but still...meh.

Baby Fisk
You get the feeling Ozzie's sons will be seeing some playing time this weekend... :cool:

mweflen
09-30-2005, 03:31 PM
Why not Pablo in for Pods?

I mean, if you're going to go with the scrubs, why not give your leadoff guy a day off, too?

Does Pods have some sort of contract incentive for leading the league in SB's?

Muopsies
09-30-2005, 03:32 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this lineup is going to perform pretty well. They'll be loose, nothing to play for while Cleveland will be living and dying on each pitch and I bet they think all they have to do is show up to win.

kninchicago
09-30-2005, 03:33 PM
I am bummed I'll miss tonight's game especially with such a goofy lineup. It's nice to have three games this weekend where we don't have to be so on edge as fans.

Johnny Mostil
09-30-2005, 03:34 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this lineup is going to perform pretty well. They'll be loose, nothing to play for while Cleveland will be living and dying on each pitch and I bet they think all they have to do is show up to win.

And as has been pointed out before, this team goes about as far as its pitching. As long as Buehrle's still throwing, I don't see that big of a deal here . . .

BeviBall!
Hell yeah! I also have a little smirk on my face because Boston is pissed. They need to take care of their own business.

Exactly. Integrity my foot... we have to do what's best for us. Perhaps they should've won a few more games between April and now.

Palehose13
Oh, I do. But I am disappointed to see such a weak lineup being fielded tonight. I mean, it obviously stinks of phoning it in. I didn't expect the lineup that's been playing most of the last 2 weeks, but still...meh.

It doesn't bother me cause IMO, these guys deserve the day off. Plus I have a sneaky suspicion there is a story behind this line up...like some kind of bet while loaded last night or something like that. I'm guessing that they'll have fun today and put the regulars back in tomorrow.

rookieroy
09-30-2005, 03:35 PM
Somebody please help me here! Don't we need one more win to clinch homefield advantage throughout the playoffs! Does anyone else find this extremely important like I do?

That lineup sucks. At least put a few more starters in there. For Buehrle to say that this series means "nothing" is simply another moronic comment from the king of dumb things to say!

Other than that....life is perfect right now! :D:

SouthSide_HitMen
09-30-2005, 03:36 PM
I don't think this is a Bud-related issue. Who the hell actually asked him if he was going to contact KW/Ozzie to insist they use the starters??? Gimme a break... More media bull****. :cool:

It is pretty ironic considering the fact Bud Selig outside of 1982 failed to field a competitive club in Milwaukee for the 34 years he owned the club.

Bud Selig needs to be banned for life.

Sxy Mofo
09-30-2005, 03:37 PM
Ha... the lineup that says: "screw you east coast, and screw you espn"

And I don't think buehrle will be real pissed. He's going to go about 4 innings and 50 pitches, I would assume. Glad buehrle doesn't care about stats. This is a bullpen session.

I don't understand pods in the lineup. With all those games pods has sat out when it counted, why not rest him when it doesn't?

Dice
Here it is:

1. Pods
2. Anderson
3. Gload
4. Borch
5. Crede
6. Timo
7. Widger
8. Blum
9. Harris

So there putting the 'B' team out there tonight?

Is Buerhle still picthing or Bajenaru?

Iwritecode
Somebody please help me here! Don't we need one more win to clinch homefield advantage throughout the playoffs! Does anyone else find this extremely important like I do?

That lineup sucks. At least put a few more starters in there. For Buehrle to say that this series means "nothing" is simply another moronic comment from the king of dumb things to say!

How important is homefield advantage really anyway?

Just ask the 2003 Cubs. :D:

delben91
09-30-2005, 03:38 PM
I'm sort of surprised we don't see Iguchi in for Willie. I can see Ozzie saying, "Well, Willie needs the rest, I want to keep him fresh."

The Dude
That is awesome! Question - Where the hell is Cassanova?:D:

DaleJRFan
So there putting the 'B' team out there tonight?

Is Buerhle still picthing or Bajenaru?

Felix Diaz will get the start. Arnie Munoz will work long relief.

Jjav829
09-30-2005, 03:39 PM
Typical post-clinching lineup. Here are a couple lineups from other teams the day after they clinched.

Padres last night:
LF Eric Young
RF Robert Fick
CF Ben Johnson
1B Xavier Nady
C Miguel Olivo
3B Sean Burroughs
SS Damian Jackson
2B Manny Alexander

Angels on Wednesday:
LF Jeff DaVanon
SS Orlando Cabrera
CF Steve Finley
RF Juan Rivera
1B Casey Kotchman
3B Robb Quinlan
DH Curtis Pride
C Josh Paul
2B Zach Sorensen

Boston fans can **** off. If the situations were reversed and the Sox needed the Wrong Sox to win, Tito would have done the same thing. The Wrong Sox just need to handle their own business and they'll be in the playoffs. If they can't, too bad. Ozzie has to do what is best for our team, not what is best for the Wrong Sox.

Argalarga
09-30-2005, 03:40 PM
If we're gonna give guys days off, we might as well give them all a day off at the same time.

Besides, Borchard and Anderson need all the at bats they can get.

BeviBall!
09-30-2005, 03:40 PM
How important is homefield advantage really anyway?

Just ask the 2003 Cubs. :D:

True. But, the likelyhood of either NYY or BOS sweeping is pretty remote... so we'll end up with it regardless.

Argalarga
09-30-2005, 03:41 PM
RF Robert Fick

Whenever you run Robert Fick out there, you're basically just saying "yeah, we're not even trying."

Sxy Mofo
09-30-2005, 03:41 PM

White sox home record: 47-34
White sox road record: 49-29

This series means nothing.

Also, if cleveland wins these three games, they're in. And the east coast team that wins will probably have a better record than the angels, so the sox would play the angels in the first, and the blowsox/skanks play the indians. I've got my money on the indians in that series. So, homefield advantage for the sox with no more games won. Much more important to get the starters rest.

Cubsuck_a_lot
09-30-2005, 03:42 PM
"It's a sham!"

"I'm a sham!"

Realist
09-30-2005, 03:45 PM
After watching Ortiz yesterday, I kind of wish the Sox had signed me and my ephus arm to pitch all three games against the Indians. I never wanna see that guy again. "Sluggin' it out" against the Red Sox is not my idea of a good time.

anewman35
09-30-2005, 03:45 PM

Not really. Basically, all that is at stake is game 7 of the ALCS, which odds are we won't even play. And we still have two more days to win a game, and it still only matters if the Yankees/Red Sox series goes one particular way. So the odds of us needing THIS GAME are really small.

ATXBMX
09-30-2005, 03:46 PM
Awesome.

mdep524
09-30-2005, 03:48 PM
I wish Pods got the night off to rest his legs, otherwise I like this line up. It'll be fun to watch.

BeviBall!
09-30-2005, 03:48 PM
Seriously, winning 1 more will prevent hundreds of meaningless, petty arguments from Tribe and Yankees fans for years to come.

I can live with that. Better to be rested for Tuesday than have to worry about the cub fans who don't know Timo from OH NO!!!

LongLiveFisk
09-30-2005, 03:49 PM

I agree with you in a sense but if it happened to us, you know we'd be pissed too!

MushMouth
09-30-2005, 03:50 PM
I wish Pods got the night off to rest his legs, otherwise I like this line up. It'll be fun to watch.

He probably wants to win the SB title. Might even be an incentive for him. And you know what? I hope he does too. Need him in a running groove going into the playoffs.

Iwritecode
09-30-2005, 03:51 PM
"I'm a sham!"

Psst... Your line is "It's a mockery!" :cool:

SoxSpeed22
09-30-2005, 03:52 PM
Getaway day! Mk. 2!:tongue:

MarySwiss
09-30-2005, 03:54 PM
I agree with you in a sense but if it happened to us, you know we'd be pissed too!

Ah, but it isn't happening to us! :D:

Fenway
09-30-2005, 03:58 PM
Ah, but it isn't happening to us! :D:

no and you deserve that.

Boston should have won this division by 10 the way NYY played earlier, but didn't.

You guys can relax and watch the brawl

Randar68
09-30-2005, 04:06 PM

Tough to expect ANYTHING from a bunch of players who have about a combined 10 AB's iin the last month...

MarySwiss
09-30-2005, 04:06 PM
Does anyone know if this game is subject to a national blackout? Because of course we're getting the damn Yankees-Red Sox game in Arizona, so if it won't be on MLB.com, I will have to haul myself over to the local sports bar.

Banix12
09-30-2005, 04:07 PM
Two rationalizations why this might work.

1. It's not like the starters were lighting up Millwood anyway, maybe the backups get lucky.

2. Unlike the starters, many of the backups have something to gain in these games. Consideration for playoff spots and maybe whether they are gonna be here next season.

either way, I can't wait to watch LTP play.

SOX ADDICT '73
09-30-2005, 04:12 PM
Psst... Your line is "It's a mockery!" :cool:
"It's a traveshamockery!"

Palehose13
09-30-2005, 04:17 PM
no and you deserve that.

Boston should have won this division by 10 the way NYY played earlier, but didn't.

You guys can relax and watch the brawl

:?: Are you thinking that I would watch the Wrong Sox-Yankmee game instead of the Sox game? No way. This is gonna be a fun game to watch tonight!

TaylorStSox
09-30-2005, 04:17 PM
This is mint. I'm going to have a ball watching this game.

Honestly, I think these guys are going to rake. I'm not even kidding.

Unregistered
09-30-2005, 04:22 PM
It doesn't bother me cause IMO, these guys deserve the day off. Plus I have a sneaky suspicion there is a story behind this line up...like some kind of bet while loaded last night or something like that. I'm guessing that they'll have fun today and put the regulars back in tomorrow.This lineup isn't that awful - and it's filled with kids who are hungry to show they belong in the lineup.

I won't be anything close to shocked if we win this one.

SOXintheBURGH
09-30-2005, 04:23 PM
I haven't laughed this hard in a long time.. I love it.

anewman35
09-30-2005, 04:23 PM
:?: Are you thinking that I would watch the Wrong Sox-Yankmee game instead of the Sox game? No way.

But who wouldn't watch a Red Sox-Yankees game? You must not be a baseball fan!

Ol' No. 2
09-30-2005, 04:28 PM
Typical post-clinching lineup. Here are a couple lineups from other teams the day after they clinched.

Padres last night:
LF Eric Young
RF Robert Fick
CF Ben Johnson
1B Xavier Nady
C Miguel Olivo
3B Sean Burroughs
SS Damian Jackson
2B Manny Alexander

Angels on Wednesday:
LF Jeff DaVanon
SS Orlando Cabrera
CF Steve Finley
RF Juan Rivera
1B Casey Kotchman
3B Robb Quinlan
DH Curtis Pride
C Josh Paul
2B Zach Sorensen

Boston fans can **** off. If the situations were reversed and the Sox needed the Wrong Sox to win, Tito would have done the same thing. The Wrong Sox just need to handle their own business and they'll be in the playoffs. If they can't, too bad. Ozzie has to do what is best for our team, not what is best for the Wrong Sox.Exactly. This is SOP for teams on the day after they clinch. Quityerbitchin, Red Sox.

BTW, who knows how the tiebreakers go if the Sox and Yankees finish the season with identical records? They're 3-3 in head-to-head. The first round will be determined by which division fields the WC, but if both of them advance, who gets home field?

SOXPHILE
09-30-2005, 04:28 PM

Exactly ! The Jnjuns' sphincters are going to be wound very tight the next 3 days, starting tonight. Meanwhile, the White Sox are gonna be playing as loose and carefree as you've ever seen them this year. Couple that with the fact that, yes, the Sox are trotting out the understudies in this game while the Jnjuns are going to obviously have their starting lineup, so that adds even more pressure to them psychologically. They'll be putting pressure on themselves, thinking "We gotta beat THIS line up" etc. And if they fall behind early, watch out. Stuff like that gets into people's heads. They're only human.

MarySwiss
09-30-2005, 04:32 PM
Exactly. This is SOP for teams on the day after they clinch. Quityerbitchin, Red Sox.

BTW, who knows how the tiebreakers go if the Sox and Yankees finish the season with identical records? They're 3-3 in head-to-head. The first round will be determined by which division fields the WC, but if both of them advance, who gets home field?

I believe we do, because we have a better record in our division than they do in theirs.

StillMissOzzie
09-30-2005, 04:34 PM
It's nice to see my infinite wisdom confirmed when I started the Hangover Lineup? thread yesterday. It looks like I picked 7 out of 8 position players, and *** is Pods doing starting anyhow? Unless he truly is 100% from his injury, I'd think he's got more of a right to another day off than the rest of 'em. Maybe Pods is a teetotaller...

SMO
:gulp:

PS Screw Boston, too. They need to win no matter who the Sox trot out there. Do they think that they are owed the WC in case the Yankmees take the series and the AL East title?

Baby Fisk
09-30-2005, 04:34 PM
:?: Are you thinking that I would watch the Wrong Sox-Yankmee game instead of the Sox game? No way. This is gonna be a fun game to watch tonight!
He refuses to accept the fact that this is not a Red Cubs website, no matter how badly, desperately he wishes it was.

We don't give a **** about Boston. Unfortunately, that doesn't compute in the brains of Boston fans.

ChicagoHoosier
09-30-2005, 04:35 PM
I like this lineup. I'm excited about this lineup. Not the Timo/Blum/Widger part, but wanting to see Anderson, Gload, and Borchard and see what they can do. Do you guys think Gload has a shot at the playoff roster with a solid hitting performance in this series? With Pablo improving at 3rd, I think Gload could bump Blum out of the picture.

I'm pumped to flip btween both games tonight on TIVO and be RELAXED while watching.

Ol' No. 2
09-30-2005, 04:39 PM
I believe we do, because we have a better record in our division than they do in theirs.Thank you Tampa Bay. Again.:D:

CanBuehrleWait
09-30-2005, 04:41 PM
I guess its our fault 150million dollars doesn't buy pitching.......

enjoy red cubs :redneck

SOXfnNlansing
09-30-2005, 04:42 PM
no and you deserve that.

You guys can relax and watch the brawl for the most part, people around here don't care about, or watch AL east games (unless the Sox are playing them).

oeo
09-30-2005, 04:44 PM

I haven't read many threads today, but did you know you were on TV twice yesterday? At least I'm pretty sure it was you. One right after the Granderson strikeout in the ninth and then once more after they clinched and were showing random Sox fans. I'm sure you already know, but just putting it out there if you didn't.

MarySwiss
09-30-2005, 04:47 PM
for the most part, people around here don't care about, or watch AL east games (unless the Sox are playing them).

IMHO, for the most part, people anywhere other than the AL East don't care about or watch AL East games, unless they have no other choice. Which is the case much too often.

But there is no such thing as East Coast bias.

longshot7
09-30-2005, 04:47 PM

I agree with this. I thought he'd get the whole weekend off.

Vernam
09-30-2005, 04:49 PM
Boston fans can **** off. If the situations were reversed and the Sox needed the Wrong Sox to win, Tito would have done the same thing. The Wrong Sox just need to handle their own business and they'll be in the playoffs. If they can't, too bad. Ozzie has to do what is best for our team, not what is best for the Wrong Sox.The Red Cubs fans hold our usual starters in such low regard, I really don't see how they can complain about tonight's Sox lineup. :cool:

Can't believe Pods is in there . . . Maybe his legs really are feeling better.

Vernam

Ol' No. 2
09-30-2005, 04:49 PM
I agree with this. I thought he'd get the whole weekend off.He might play only part of the game. They've gotta have SOME regulars out there.:cool:

oeo
09-30-2005, 04:50 PM
If the Devil Rays can beat the Indians, the Sox can beat the Indians with this lineup.

TaylorStSox
09-30-2005, 04:57 PM
If the Devil Rays can beat the Indians, the Sox can beat the Indians with this lineup.

Devil Rays line up > our regular line up

MarySwiss

Good point. :cool:

JorgeFabregas
Maybe Pods is a teetotaller...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v695/renithered/19727930.jpg
I think you might be on to something, there.

gf2020
09-30-2005, 04:58 PM
Here it is:

1. Pods
2. Anderson
3. Gload
4. Borch
5. Crede
6. Timo
7. Widger
8. Blum
9. Harris

This isn't exactly the T-1000 destorying liquid nitrogen lineup that I was hoping for, but I love it. I hope they kill them tonight.

Soxfanspcu11
09-30-2005, 04:59 PM
I like this lineup. I'm excited about this lineup. Not the Timo/Blum/Widger part, but wanting to see Anderson, Gload, and Borchard and see what they can do. Do you guys think Gload has a shot at the playoff roster with a solid hitting performance in this series? With Pablo improving at 3rd, I think Gload could bump Blum out of the picture.

I'm pumped to flip btween both games tonight on TIVO and be RELAXED while watching.

I don't think so. I like Gload but Pablo is more valuable to the team then Gload. Pablo is arguably the 2nd fastest guy on this team who can hit and can play pretty much every position. And we all know ozzie loves speed so I just don't see Gload replacing Pablo, at least I hope not!

EDIT-Oops! I didn't understand what you said! :redface: Yes I think Gload should bump out Blum. I agree! lol

Goose
09-30-2005, 05:09 PM
I'm sure that lineup is for today only. Hangovers are a bitch. However, if we needed a team to knock somebody off and they started a lineup like this one, we'd be pissed.

Boston made their own bed. I feel no pity for them. I feel no pity for NY should they get bumped from the playoffs, either. Since last year, Boston fans have turned into Cub fans...WAY too annoying! NY is NY...you know what you are going to get, so, meh.

I wish Ozzie gave the DH a night off and batted MB in the 9 hole tonight! I would have loved to see the look on Red Sox fans' faces when they found out!

veeter
09-30-2005, 05:09 PM
This is payback from that little ole team from the south side if Chicago. You probably haven't heard of them but they're the F'in WHITE SOX!!! To quote a Bostonian movie, "How do you like those apples!?!?"

White_Sock
09-30-2005, 05:20 PM
:threadrules:

MadCitySoxFan
09-30-2005, 05:21 PM
Does anyone know if this game is subject to a national blackout? Because of course we're getting the damn Yankees-Red Sox game in Arizona, so if it won't be on MLB.com, I will have to haul myself over to the local sports bar.

I think only Saturday afternoon Fox and Sunday evening ESPN games are subject to blackout on mlb.tv.

California Sox
I'm happy to see this. I've wanted Anderson and Borch to get a few ABs. They've got an important LTP decision to make for next season. If he can be a switch-hitting Shane Spencer type, he can play in MLB. Maybe not as a starter but as a part-time OF/DH he might be helpful. It wouldn't be completely absurd to have him on the playoff roster for LH bench power. If he runs into one, it'll go a long way. Not going to happen, but an argument could be made...

soltrain21
This is hilarious.

I wish I could listen to Boston Radio right now.

MarySwiss
09-30-2005, 05:22 PM
I think only Saturday afternoon Fox and Sunday evening ESPN games are subject to blackout on mlb.tv.

Thanks, I hope you're right.

TaylorStSox
I'm happy to see this. I've wanted Anderson and Borch to get a few ABs. They've got an important LTP decision to make for next season. If he can be a switch-hitting Shane Spencer type, he can play in MLB. Maybe not as a starter but as a part-time OF/DH he might be helpful. It wouldn't be completely absurd to have him on the playoff roster for LH bench power. If he runs into one, it'll go a long way. Not going to happen, but an argument could be made...

I wouldn't mind LTP being the 4th OF next year. He can play all 3 OF spots. He's a switch hitter and he has power. He's got decent speed as well.

He has to be better than Timo.

Optipessimism
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/images/team/broadcasters/broadcaster_cws_rooney.jpg
"Now pinch hitting for Chris Widger is... Man Soo Lee?"

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:gGf-ivksu70J:www.beisbolprofesional.com/images/managers/ozzie_guillen.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.beisbolprofesional.com/images/managers/ozzie_guillen.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.beisbolprofesional.com/columnas/pluma_por_bate/pluma_por_bate.asp&h=164&w=196&sz=16&tbnid=gGf-ivksu70J:&tbnh=82&tbnw=98&hl=en&start=7&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dozzie%2Bguillen%255C%26svnum%3D10%26h l%3Den%26lr%3D)
"Yeah, we figure he'll go out there, tell a few jokes, take three strikes, then sit back down."

CanBuehrleWait
09-30-2005, 05:26 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/images/team/broadcasters/broadcaster_cws_rooney.jpg

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:gGf-ivksu70J:www.beisbolprofesional.com/images/managers/ozzie_guillen.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.beisbolprofesional.com/images/managers/ozzie_guillen.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.beisbolprofesional.com/columnas/pluma_por_bate/pluma_por_bate.asp&h=164&w=196&sz=16&tbnid=gGf-ivksu70J:&tbnh=82&tbnw=98&hl=en&start=7&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dozzie%2Bguillen%255C%26svnum%3D10%26h l%3Den%26lr%3D)
"Yeah, we figure he'll go out there, tell a few jokes, take three strikes, then sit back down."

:roflmao::roflmao::rolling:

maristsox
09-30-2005, 05:36 PM

hahahahahahahaha:rolling::rolling::rolling::rollin g::rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling:

Optipessimism
09-30-2005, 05:37 PM
I wouldn't mind LTP being the 4th OF next year. He can play all 3 OF spots. He's a switch hitter and he has power. He's got decent speed as well.

He has to be better than Timo.

There have been games this season where I would have liked him as the starting CF, no teal needed. I think Borch is going to wind up as at least a 4th OF next year, if not here then elsewhere. He's obviously been disappointment to the Sox organization thusfar and I'm sure even more to himself, but he had a good year in AAA and his time has come. It doesn't do anyone any good to send him back to AAA for yet another season regardless of what MLB team ends up with him next year.

Paulwny
09-30-2005, 05:58 PM
Rooney/OZ pregame show, about today's line-up

OZ~ The starters are physically and emotionally tired, they'll be in tomorrow's game.

soxfanreggie
09-30-2005, 06:00 PM
My thoughts are that these guys will be hungry to play and show that they can contribute. I think we will honestly beat Cleveland tonight behind a monstrous Borchard shot and some nice hitting by Anderson and Gload.