PDA

View Full Version : Hawk's Greatest Hits -- 2005

Baby Fisk
09-30-2005, 01:09 PM
Everyone's breathing a little easier today and looking back on the season's highlights. How about Hawk's greatest hits? Some that immediately come to mind:

- "JOE......CREDE!!!" :wired:

- The season-long bashing of Moronotti, culminating in the arrival of the HineyBird. :cool:

- The eyepatch was memorable too.

Other moments or quotes?

Soxfanspcu11
09-30-2005, 01:11 PM
AJ's walkoff against the Dodgers. Him and DJ's call is my voicemail. Its classic

PorkChopExpress
09-30-2005, 01:15 PM
How about his rant when Beuhrle got ejected in Baltimore. That was classic!

"That is just BS!"

EastCoastSoxFan
09-30-2005, 01:18 PM
"You don't win 96 games because you're lucky...you win 96 games because, dammit, you're good!"

Classic Hawk...

34 Inch Stick
09-30-2005, 01:19 PM
The looooooooooooong moments of silence were Hawks best moments for me. After hearing that apologist broadcast the last few weeks I cannot rely on any words that come out of his mouth.

mjharrison72
09-30-2005, 01:20 PM
When the Sox were in Detroit around the beginning of July, the city was having its fireworks show during the game, most of which was visible from the park, and definitely from Hawk's point of view. When it finished he says:

"I'll tell you what, that was a big-league fireworks display."

I was on the floor laughing for about five minutes for some reason... guess you had to be there.

bennyw41
09-30-2005, 01:21 PM
Everyone's breathing a little easier today and looking back on the season's highlights. How about Hawk's greatest hits? Some that immediately come to mind:

- "JOE......CREDE!!!" :wired:

Other moments or quotes?

Wish he woulda said after he screamed Crede....it just needed something extra, like a yes, or something...

I like when he said "One of these days we're gonna come back and it'll be the fourth inning"

Sxy Mofo
09-30-2005, 01:30 PM
I'm thinking this might've been DJ, but my favorite line nonetheless:

"Strap it up, strap it down... whatever you do, don't strap it on"

FedEx227
09-30-2005, 01:35 PM
i was a big fan of yesterdays

"well I've never seen a .600-.700 hitter...last I remember .300 was excellent..."

::about 45 minutes of silence::

(in dad speaking to child about why he can't stay out past 11pm on a school night tone) DJ...I'm Talking about GOOD YOUNG players...

lol

There were a lot of great Hawk moments this year

"NO! (bad dog)" - Rowand missing the ball

"Thats a MAJOR LEAGUE POPUP!"

"Thats just bull right there...." "IT IS!"

Fungo
09-30-2005, 01:40 PM

"That is just BS!"
:hawk
"What are you doin' Brian Gorman. Are you nuts?"

HebrewHammer
09-30-2005, 01:42 PM
I'm thinking this might've been DJ, but my favorite line nonetheless:

"Strap it up, strap it down... whatever you do, don't strap it on"

This quote was followed by about five minutes of awkward silence. Making it that much funnier.

rdwj
09-30-2005, 01:45 PM
He had a great quote on the Score earlier today about playing with a “tight sphincter” with Boston...

“Mine was so tight you couldn’t have removed a greased pea with pliers”

FedEx227
09-30-2005, 01:48 PM
This quote was followed by about five minutes of awkward silence. Making it that much funnier.

There was another game with a stupid quote followed by akward silence, against who I have no idea... but they showed somebody in the crowd wearing a Hot Dog hat to which DJ commented..

"Wow, thats a big weiner"

Mr. White Sox
09-30-2005, 01:48 PM
:hawk
"What are you doin' Brian Gorman. Are you nuts?"

:hawk:
"That is BS! An INEPT call from an INEPT umpire!"

anoone
09-30-2005, 01:50 PM
When Konerko dropped the relay throw after he thought the ball was foul against the Twins:

"He dropped... the ball... D***!!"

BeviBall!
09-30-2005, 01:56 PM
i was a big fan of yesterdays

"well I've never seen a .600-.700 hitter...last I remember .300 was excellent..."

::about 45 minutes of silence::

(in dad speaking to child about why he can't stay out past 11pm on a school night tone) DJ...I'm Talking about GOOD YOUNG players...

lol

That was so awesome. "That's not what I'm talking about, DJ." "I know, I was talking about this in regard to something different."

TaylorStSox
09-30-2005, 02:15 PM
I think Hawk's getting to those Harey Carey years. His calls are consistantly getting worse. If I hear "that balls deep" to a ball that doesn't even make the warning track 1 more time, I'll puke.

IMO, DJ's outclassing him.

Sad
09-30-2005, 02:15 PM
I'll tell ya DJ- we get Aaron Rowand goin' & we gonna be ham n' jam...

Brian26
09-30-2005, 02:17 PM

"That is just BS!"

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING, BRIAN GORMAN? ARE YOU NUTS?!"

That was great.

Fake Chet Lemon
09-30-2005, 02:25 PM
Griffey Jr, for what? Where we gonna play him?

chiwhitesox035
09-30-2005, 02:30 PM
What Are You Doing?!!

TheDarkGundam
09-30-2005, 02:37 PM
"Well, we've got some serious chunkin to do here"I love it. Serious Chunkin.
As i've said in the chatroom, I can't wait till Hawk gets old and crazy.

Chisox003
09-30-2005, 02:49 PM
I think Hawk's getting to those Harey Carey years. His calls are consistantly getting worse. If I hear "that balls deep" to a ball that doesn't even make the warning track 1 more time, I'll puke.

IMO, DJ's outclassing him.
This is a "Hawk's greatest hits" thread on WSI. You want to bash him, go to heave the hawk's message boards. They'll love you.

As for Hawk's best this year, ALL of his game winner calls are awesome...Yesterday's gives me the chills

I loved "You don't win 96 wins because you're lucky...You win because damn it, you're good!"

His bashing of Moron, calling him the deuce of clubs and his explanation of a "hiney bird" - Hawk: "Na, ya know what? You get guys like him, and Mariotti, you know what I call those guys? Hiney birds. You know what a hiney bird is? A hiney bird is a bird that flies in perfectly executed concentric circles until eventually he flies up his own behind and disappears forever."
DJ: "..........We need to make a play........."

Pirate Hawk, Mullet night, Elvis night (Post pics of these if you got 'em!)

The best Hawk though is right after DJ says somethin stupid, and there is absolute silence...I can only imagine what's goin on in that booth during those times

Another great year in the booth :gulp:

SOXfnNlansing
09-30-2005, 04:24 PM
Who can forget the 'Hiney Bird' Hawkism:(:

"na, ya know what? You get guys like him, and Moronotti, you know what I call those guys? Hiney birds. You know what a hiney bird is? A hiney bird is a bird that flies in perfectly executed concentric circles until eventually he flies up his own behind and disappears forever." DJ :"We need to make a play"

4th Gen. Sox Fan
09-30-2005, 04:25 PM
I forget if it was him or dj when Iguchi was at bat and said "Come on Tadahootie"

TimoPerez
09-30-2005, 04:38 PM
"TIMO, TIMO, TIMO!"

That was after Timo's double against the Athletics scored Willie and tied the game at 8.

Daver
09-30-2005, 04:41 PM
I hoping he saves the best call for after the season, and retires.

TaylorStSox
09-30-2005, 04:58 PM
I hoping he saves the best call for after the season, and retires.

Well done! :cool:

antitwins13
09-30-2005, 05:42 PM
UH-OH it's gone- DJ

His behind is sooo tight you couldn't pull a greased up golf tee from it-Hawk

Optipessimism
09-30-2005, 05:43 PM
"You don't win 96 games because you're lucky...you win 96 games because, dammit, you're good!"

Classic Hawk...

That's my favorite right there, no question.

As much as I love a good rip on Moronotti, I thought the hiney bird thing was a bit lame.

Optipessimism
09-30-2005, 05:45 PM
I'll tell ya DJ- we get Aaron Rowand goin' & we gonna be ham n' jam...

...as long as we stay out of the double play.