PDA

View Full Version : WSCR Post Clinch Coverage

34 Inch Stick
09-30-2005, 12:11 PM
The SCORE's post game coverage was one long promo for next year. Most of the guests were people who were on the short list of candidates for the radio booth next year. I have no problem with that. The troubling thing was that Jesse was running the ship. Can this be the first tangible indication that Jesse is going to be hosting pre games next year. I cannot imagine WSCR would pay big money for the rights to these games then proceed to lose its best talent in the booth and have an absolute moron, who is a Cubs fan, introduce its product.

hose
09-30-2005, 12:19 PM
I was able to get Dolgin's show after Wed. night's game and could hear the Score after I left Comerica yesterday.

Kudos to the Score for the coverage, they actually talked Sox baseball without all the usual nonsense. By the time I could tune in WMVP Mac was already talking football......click back to the Score.

Any chance of getting Wills back from Tampa Bay? He is the guy I hope ends up with the Sox play by play. As loyal as Reinsy is to his former players and employees I think it's a remote possibility that Dave could come back.

:wills

"RAYS WIN RAYS WIN RAYS WIN"

kevingrt
09-30-2005, 12:33 PM
I was able to get Dolgin's show after Wed. night's game and could hear the Score after I left Comerica yesterday.

Kudos to the Score for the coverage, they actually talked Sox baseball without all the usual nonsense. By the time I could tune in WMVP Mac was already talking football......click back to the Score.

Any chance of getting Wills back from Tampa Bay? He is the guy I hope ends up with the Sox play by play. As loyal as Reinsy is to his former players and employees I think it's a remote possibility that Dave could come back.

:wills

"RAYS WIN RAYS WIN RAYS WIN"

I believe he is under contract for at least one more year... unfortunately! I love willis though

Sad
09-30-2005, 12:35 PM
I heard the first words out of Roger's yap and off went the radio... can't stand that guy.

SouthSide_HitMen
09-30-2005, 12:46 PM
I heard the first words out of Roger's yap and off went the radio... can't stand that guy.

I listened for 10 minutes (waiting for the scoreboard updates) and Rogers called a Sox fan an idiot because he said Ozzie was better than Dusty at controlling his players. Rogers spent the next several minutes defending the fact he called the Sox fan an idiot and how he had an agenda and how great Dusty was and how much Dusty accomplished (Dusty owes anything he "accomplished" to Balco and whoever supplied Sammy).

Rogers should be kicked off the Score once White Sox baseball moves there.

I have a feeling I am going to have to brush up on Spanish as that may be the only broadcast I care to listen to during the White Sox' time on The Score.

Sad
09-30-2005, 12:55 PM
I dread the thought of Roger's having anything to do with our Sox :angry:

Brian26
09-30-2005, 02:38 PM
I heard some of it on my way back from Detroit on the train.

Cangelosi was on with Jesse Rogers. At one point, Jesse asked Cangelosi, "wasn't your nickname the Candyman?" I'm thinking, that was John Candeleria you knucklehead. Cangy said no...he was mostly referred to as "Cangy."

Farmer was interviewed around 9pm. He was distracted by the fires out in California. It was a bit scary, as he said the fires were within 200 yards of his family's home, and they had already packed up and were waiting the word to get out. Anyway, Farmer and Cangelosi had some interaction together, and it seemed like that may be the radio team next year.

Fake Chet Lemon
09-30-2005, 02:56 PM
Rogers is a Cubs fan, but I've found his White Sox discussions to be pretty fair and enjoyable overall. Overall I like him, but on principle I DO NOT want to see him or any other Cubs fan host White Sox post game next year. If his show comes on after the coverage, that's fine though.

Soxfest
09-30-2005, 07:07 PM

Rogers is horrid and for his Cub loving mouth to be anywhere near White Sox Baseball makes me sick. Rogers could not do a decent job when he did Blackhawks pre. I smell M.North whining to someone for " The Little Jerk":angry: