PDA

View Full Version : Game Times?

mikesouthside
09-30-2005, 12:00 PM
Does anyone know what the "times" are for the playoffs? I'm trying to work around games for a family party. (kicker is it's for my own bday)

anewman35
09-30-2005, 12:06 PM
Does anyone know what the "times" are for the playoffs? I'm trying to work around games for a family party. (kicker is it's for my own bday)

Times won't be announced for a few days. Most days there will be a 12:00 game, a 3:00 game, and a 7:00 game, which we get will depend on who we play.

Cellview22
09-30-2005, 12:19 PM
I don't think it matters who we play.. it'll most likely be during the day.

It will probably be at 3 since it's most likely Houston @ Atlanta (eastern time) would play at 12. We'll either host the Angels or NY/Boston. And if we host either New York or Boston, we still probably won't get primetime...the other AL game would be at Yankee Stadium or Fenway hosting the Angels. That game would most likely get primetime. I could be wrong though..we'll see.

Max Power
09-30-2005, 12:25 PM
Ed Sherman in the Tribune today said if we play the Yankees or Red Sox it would likely be prime time, but if it's the Angels it will be during the day.

SOXPHILE
09-30-2005, 12:26 PM
Well, if the Indians make the Wild Card, the Sox will play the Angels. Then you know it's going to be a day/late afternoon game, because ESPN/National Media want Yankees and/or Red Sox on at night during prime time. If they don't, and the Wild Card comes from the A.L. East, then the White Sox will play them, and for the same reason, will be on at night. Either way, I've already taken a 1/2 day off work because a friend and I got tickets for game 1 from a scalper.

SoxFan78
09-30-2005, 12:26 PM
I would imagine that one of the home games (Tuesday and Wednesday) would be in prime time. Chicago is a pretty big market.

Kogs35
09-30-2005, 12:27 PM
from ed sherman

If the Sox play host to either the New York Yankees or Boston, Fox likely will choose to air the game in prime time at night. If the Los Angeles Angels make the trip to Chicago, the Sox probably will play an afternoon game.

Cellview22
09-30-2005, 12:29 PM
Well, if the Indians make the Wild Card, the Sox will play the Angels. Then you know it's going to be a day/late afternoon game, because ESPN/National Media want Yankees and/or Red Sox on at night during prime time. If they don't, and the Wild Card comes from the A.L. East, then the White Sox will play them, and for the same reason, will be on at night. Either way, I've already taken a 1/2 day off work because a friend and I got tickets for game 1 from a scalper.

If the White Sox host the wild card from the AL East, then the other game would be the AL East winner hosting the Angels. Wouldn't that game be in primetime since it's in New York or Boston, where all the magic is?

Law11
09-30-2005, 01:20 PM
I was listening to Mike & Mike this morning and they stated if NY/BOS and Clev are all tied after Sunday.

NY/Bos would play Monday for the East. The loser plays Cleveland on Tuesday
for the WC spot.

That would start the ALDS on Wed, not Tues.