PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Roster

veeter
09-30-2005, 10:32 AM
I would keep Brandon McCarthy in the rotation. I would put El Duke in the pen. To make room I would remove Vizciano from the roster. I know BMac and Hernandez have limited bullpen experience but Viz only pitches in mop up time anyway. Thoughts?

hawkjt
09-30-2005, 10:42 AM
I predict the rotation for the first series will be Jose,Burls,Freddy, and garland in that order. Bmac and el duque will battle for the long reliever spot this weekend. I think vizzy,jenks,marte,hermy,cliff,and cotts are the relievers.

What I wonder is who are the other 14.

PK,Aj,Gooch,Juan,JoltinJoe,widge,pods,Arow,JD,Carl ,Pablo are no -brainers.

The last three are out of this mix- willie,blum,gload,timo,borchard,anderson.

I say if borchard plays this weekend and continues to hit .800 he should be in for left-handed power off the bench.

Willie for baserunning and defense if needed.

Blum or Timo? Both if borchard cools off.

Tough calls at this time of year. Someone will be mad at oz.

MushMouth
09-30-2005, 10:46 AM
I think Blum, Willie and Timo will all get spots. Gload/Borchard/Anderson will not.

I'm torn on the McCarthy/Duque decision. Hopefully we can see Duque pitch this weekend. VERY difficult to leave him at home, when he has the most playoff experience of anyone on the squad. Never know what a 21 year-old will do out there on the big stage.

rdwj
09-30-2005, 10:49 AM
I think Borchard gets big playing time the next few days. Having a good power hitter on the bench is VERY valuable for a team that doesn't always score runs easily.

kevingrt
09-30-2005, 11:04 AM
I think Blum, Willie and Timo will all get spots. Gload/Borchard/Anderson will not.

I'm torn on the McCarthy/Duque decision. Hopefully we can see Duque pitch this weekend. VERY difficult to leave him at home, when he has the most playoff experience of anyone on the squad. Never know what a 21 year-old will do out there on the big stage.

I agree with Blum, Timo, and Willie. They will be on the team for spped, lefty, and clutch ability.

As for the McCarthy and El Duque situation, I believe that will be resolved in the next three games. I think Ozzie will get El Duque to start tomorrow afternoon. I think that would be an interesting situation if El Duque goes like six innings and gives up one run. It'd be way cool!

Chez
09-30-2005, 11:26 AM
What a great problem to have -- deciding between McCarthy and El Duque for the last spot in the bullpen. Remember in 2000 when our playoff rotation had one healthy arm?

ChicagoHoosier
09-30-2005, 12:05 PM
Do teams every go with a 5 man rotation in the playoffs? If not, then McCarthy and El Duque should both be in the pen.

Rocky Soprano
09-30-2005, 12:07 PM
McCarthy should be in. Yes he is a rookie but he is ON FIRE. His mindset is that he can shut anyone down.

I say Marte or Viscaino get left out so McCarthy and Hernandez both are on the team.

ChicagoHoosier
09-30-2005, 12:09 PM
McCarthy should be in. Yes he is a rookie but he is ON FIRE. His mindset is that he can shut anyone down.

I say Marte or Viscaino get left out so McCarthy and Hernandez both are on the team.

Unfortunately, Marte has to be in the bullpen. All because of the arm with which he walks and hits batters with.

MushMouth
09-30-2005, 12:11 PM

I know its not a popular sentiment, but does Hermanson bring anything to the table at this point? He's lost MPH and movement... He is nails tho, and I want everyone with guts on this roster.

Viz is valuable. True long-reliever that can be used every night without any adverse affect on his stuff. Marte is an interesting option leave at home. Cotts would have to get a lot of work tho.

veeter
09-30-2005, 12:12 PM
Do teams every go with a 5 man rotation in the playoffs? If not, then McCarthy and El Duque should both be in the pen. You're right. I guess I'm thinking if someone were to get hit hard early, either of the two could come in and go several innings. Hopefully keeping the opponent at bay until we catch up. I guess it's just a matter of thinking you want your best pitchers available. Why should Mccarthy sit, and Viz take a spot. I keep thinking how the Marlins used Beckett in relief and how well it worked.

Rocky Soprano
09-30-2005, 12:15 PM
Unfortunately, Marte has to be in the bullpen. All because of the arm with which he walks and hits batters with.

LOL. Marte brings nothing to the table but what you said, he will walk and hit batters.

Clembasbal
09-30-2005, 12:21 PM
I know its not a popular sentiment, but does Hermanson bring anything to the table at this point? He's lost MPH and movement... He is nails tho, and I want everyone with guts on this roster.

Viz is valuable. True long-reliever that can be used every night without any adverse affect on his stuff. Marte is an interesting option leave at home. Cotts would have to get a lot of work tho.

I hear where you are coming from with Hermy. He is somebody that, right now, would have been better suited to have been placed on the 15 Day DL, so that we could have taken him off during the playoffs if we needed him for a series. Right now he is dead weight out of the pen. He is somebody we need there though! He has heart and guts and that is what our bullpen needs.

As for Viz...I think he should be left off. Marte is somebody that can at least get Righthanders out. Viz can do that too, but not even close when it comes to Lefties. To me, Vizcaino's numbers have only gone down because in the last two months he has only pitched in a handful of close games. And in those close games he seems to give up runs that matter. As much as I hate Marte, we got to go with him.

slavko
09-30-2005, 12:34 PM
You can't leave McCarthy off. The Beckett reference is right on the money. You may need him to close games. Vizcaino and/or Marte scare me more than Duque performing the same roles. Don't in our euphoria forget that right handers are hitting .300 off Bobby Jenks. (Look it up.) That's not going to get us a WS title. Hermy has a GIANT set and you have to keep him. Viz or Marte goes, IMHO.

SouthSide_HitMen
09-30-2005, 01:56 PM
OF - Pods, Rowand, Dye, Timo, Carl (break OF glass incase of Emergency)
INF - Crede, Uribe, Iguchi, Konerko, Willie (also OF), Blum, Ozuna
C - Pierzynski & Widger
Pitchers - Contreras, Buehrle, Garcia, Garland, McCarthy, Jenks, Hermanson, Marte, Cotts, Vizcaino, Pollite

If El Duque pitches this weekend (and does well) he may be swapped for Vizcaino or (gasp) McCarthy.

The rookies (Gload, Anderson) won't make it - they were barely used this month. The team brought them up as spare parts (pinch running, emergency starts).

Willie and Blum will make the team due to their ability to play several positions plus Willie can pinch run.

BeviBall!
09-30-2005, 01:58 PM
You need B Mac in there. Treat this like 1993 where we had Bere and Belcher. Tim was there to come in at the first sign of trouble... he did and we won game 4.

If any of the SPs gets into trouble, McCarthy is there to pick it up.

doublem23
09-30-2005, 02:16 PM
I would have Hernandez pitch this weekend and see how he does. If he has a solid outing, then I put him in my bullpen and bump McCarthy from the play-off roster. If he has another mediocre outing, then I say go with McCarthy, but I don't think we need to carry 6 starting pitchers into the post-season when we'll most realistically only need 4 in the rotation.

Starters (4)
1) Contreras
2) Buehrle
3) Garcia
4) Garland

Relievers
1) Bobby Jenks
2) Hermanson
3) Politte
4) Cotts
5) Marte
6) Vizcaino
7) McCarthy/Hernandez

Fake Chet Lemon
09-30-2005, 02:34 PM
I think Hermy is being extra-rested so he IS READY for the post season, so he is fine. He'll get an inning in Cleveland, probably be rusty and get hit around. Don't panic, he'll be OK afterwards with the rust shaken off. If he can save one game it's worth it, we need him on the roster. Glad we have Jenks, but what a ton of pressure to put on the kid if Hermy isn't on the post season roster. McCarthy vs El Duque, forget who the better pitcher is right now (McCarthy). But who will be the better reliever? For some reason, I think El Duque. Especially in Yankee stadium.

Fake Chet Lemon
09-30-2005, 02:36 PM
Starters (4)
1) Contreras
2) Buehrle
3) Garcia
4) Garland

If game #2 is day and game #3 is night, I might flip-flop Garcia and Buehrle.

the gooch
09-30-2005, 04:15 PM
McCarthy vs El Duque, forget who the better pitcher is right now (McCarthy). But who will be the better reliever? For some reason, I think El Duque. Especially in Yankee stadium.
i'll change that to: who will be the best two relievers out of mccarthy, duque, and vizcaino?
we've had 6 guys out of the pen all year. now with a 4 man rotation we can get 7. the best thing people say about viz is that he has a 'rubber arm'. we wont need that if we replace him with 2 pitchers. i want pitchers who can shut down the other team. duque has done it in the past. mccarthy is doing it now. i dont ever see viz doing that.

ozzie has already said he will throw contreras for game 1. he is going with his hottest pitcher, the same should be said for mccarthy in the bullpen.

A. Cavatica
09-30-2005, 08:32 PM
Screw the "second lefty" theory, Marte does not deserve to go to the playoffs.

1.67 WHIP.

MRKARNO
09-30-2005, 09:04 PM
Screw the "second lefty" theory, Marte does not deserve to go to the playoffs.

1.67 WHIP.

Totally agree, especially after that debacle tonight.

McCarthy: In
Duque: In (He looked really sharp tonight)
Marte: Out

McCarthy and Duque have infinitely more value in a one inning role than does Marte. McCarthy has far better numbers against left-handed batters compared to Marte.

Tragg
09-30-2005, 09:56 PM
What a great problem to have -- deciding between McCarthy and El Duque for the last spot in the bullpen. Remember in 2000 when our playoff rotation had one healthy arm?

That is a nice problem to have.
At the other end of the spectrum, we have have the opposite problem: choosing between Blum, Willie, and Timo.

SABRSox
09-30-2005, 10:18 PM
That is a nice problem to have.
At the other end of the spectrum, we have have the opposite problem: choosing between Blum, Willie, and Timo.

I think Blum's the odd man out. But that's a really tough one...

ChiSoxGirl
09-30-2005, 10:20 PM

McCarthy: In
Duque: In (He looked really sharp tonight)
Marte: Out

McCarthy and Duque have infinitely more value in a one inning role than does Marte. McCarthy has far better numbers against left-handed batters compared to Marte.

I agree with you 100%! Marte needs to be left off the post-season roster, and tonight's performance hopefully solidified that decision for the organization!

FloridaSox
09-30-2005, 10:27 PM
I think Borchard gets big playing time the next few days. Having a good power hitter on the bench is VERY valuable for a team that doesn't always score runs easily.

Did you see Borchard swinging late on every fastball letters high? He is not a major league hitter.

jehosaphat
09-30-2005, 10:55 PM
I would have Hernandez pitch this weekend and see how he does. If he has a solid outing, then I put him in my bullpen and bump McCarthy from the play-off roster. If he has another mediocre outing, then I say go with McCarthy, but I don't think we need to carry 6 starting pitchers into the post-season when we'll most realistically only need 4 in the rotation.

Starters (4)
1) Contreras
2) Buehrle
3) Garcia
4) Garland

Relievers
1) Bobby Jenks
2) Hermanson
3) Politte
4) Cotts
5) Marte
6) Vizcaino
7) McCarthy/Hernandez

Marte only has one problem, getting people out. He struggled again tonight. Yes, he is a left hander, but, if he can't get batters out, who cares? I'd dump Marte; I can envision everyone else coming through but I just can't see him getting it together. At one point he was a good releiver. Now, he has gone the way of Shingo. Quite honestly, I'd rather have Shingo than Marte.

A. Cavatica
09-30-2005, 10:57 PM

I posted this just before he came in to pitch tonight. He didn't help himself. :redneck

11 pitchers are easy: Contreras, Buehrle, Garland, Garcia, McCarthy, Hernandez, Jenks, Hermanson, Cotts, Politte, Vizcaino

11 position players are easy: Pierzynski, Widger, Konerko, Iguchi, Uribe, Crede, Ozuna, Podsednik, Rowand, Dye, Everett

3 spots open: Marte, Blum, Harris, Gload, Perez, Anderson, Borchard

Perez is our only experienced extra OF. He's useful -- he can bunt! -- so he's coming. 1 down, 2 to go.

I'd keep Harris, because of his speed and defense at 2B, over Blum. We have Ozuna to back up at 3B/SS and we don't need another 3B/SS in a short series. Uribe can shift to third, with Harris or Iguchi at short in an emergency. (Harris can also play CF.) 2 down, 1 to go.

Normally I'd want a second lefty in the pen, but Marte just can't throw strikes. 11 pitchers is all we have room for; I'd rather have Vizcaino, McCarthy & Hernandez than Marte.

So there is a spot up for grabs. I might actually bring Anderson because he's great defensively, has speed, and can hit. Or Gload if I need a lefty bat. I think I'll wait until Sunday night to make up my mind. :D:

A. Cavatica
09-30-2005, 10:59 PM
Marte only has one problem, getting people out. He struggled again tonight. Yes, he is a left hander, but, if he can't get batters out, who cares? I'd dump Marte; I can envision everyone else coming through but I just can't see him getting it together. At one point he was a good releiver. Now, he has gone the way of Shingo. Quite honestly, I'd rather have Shingo than Marte.

The last time I was impressed by Marte was against Boston on Labor Day. His stuff was electric. Maybe I'd bring him if Boston's our first round opponent.

jehosaphat
09-30-2005, 11:05 PM
So there is a spot up for grabs. I might actually bring Anderson because he's great defensively, has speed, and can hit. Or Gload if I need a lefty bat. I think I'll wait until Sunday night to make up my mind. :D:

Good thoughts. I had assumed Blum was in because he can play anything in the infield. But, his bat is so weak, and the White Sox achilles heal is their offense, so maybe a versatile glove/weak bat type of guy on the bench is not what we need. Maybe it get's down to this: Which one of these "bubble guys" is most likely to get a bunt down?

Ol' No. 2
09-30-2005, 11:13 PM
An article (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050930&content_id=1231328&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws) on the Sox website inferrs it's down to Hernandez vs. McCarthy for the 11th pitching slot. Stop wasting your breath about Marte. He's going to be on the roster. Book it.

A. Cavatica
09-30-2005, 11:17 PM
I'll say this for Marte: if he finds himself, he's easily the most valuable of all those guys in the running for the final spots (not counting McCarthy and El Duque, who I think deserve to go regardless).

jehosaphat
09-30-2005, 11:25 PM
I'll say this for Marte: if he finds himself, he's easily the most valuable of all those guys in the running for the final spots (not counting McCarthy and El Duque, who I think deserve to go regardless).

If its and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry christmas. If Marte falters tomorrow, and the next day, how on earth can anyone conclude that he can be successful in the playoffs. Marte has talent, but he has simply lost it as a pitcher as far as I can tell.

hawkjt
10-01-2005, 09:53 AM
I think it comes down to either El Duque or B-mac on the pitching side. I go with the refreshed veteran who was nasty last nite.

As for regulars; I think it comes down to the following; Blum,Timo,Borchard,Gload,Anderson for two spots. I think Oxz will go with the chemistry and stick with the two guys who have been here all along. Blum and Timo. Willie is in,also. He is hitting very solidly since coming back and his defense is great.

You could make a case for any of the above but I do think Kenny will be cognizant of the Mark Johnson/ Josh Paul decision in 00 and how that make have backfired. Tough choices and I know that Oz is agonizing over it.

RallyBowl
10-01-2005, 09:56 AM
It kind of blows that it looks like BMac might not be there. I hope we can figure out a way to have him and Duque (no Viz?).

Brian26
10-01-2005, 10:01 AM
It kind of blows that it looks like BMac might not be there. I hope we can figure out a way to have him and Duque (no Viz?).

I'm with you 100%. I'd rather see our best arms and best talent. I'd leave off Viz and Marte at this point and take Duque AND BMac.

jabrch
10-01-2005, 10:21 AM
I would think they'd take Viz out instead of BMac. First off, Brandon would be a more effective pitcher I believe. Second, Brandon is going to be a big part of the future of this team. He needs the playoff experience as many of us are anticipating making MANY more trips to the playoffs in the next 5 years given our roster and our farm.

dividedsk717
10-01-2005, 12:57 PM
Regarding Mac and Duque: wouldn't it be nice to have TWO guys who could bail out a starter that gets in a bind in the early going? If any of the 4 starters don't have their stuff, I would imagine having both Mac and Duque is a HUGE luxury to bail out the staff that no other team has. And it's not like they can't do short relief. Seems like a no-brainer to me. But I guess it's not.

Chisox003
10-01-2005, 01:01 PM
Regarding Mac and Duque: wouldn't it be nice to have TWO guys who could bail out a starter that gets in a bind in the early going? If any of the 4 starters don't have their stuff, I would imagine having both Mac and Duque is a HUGE luxury to bail out the staff that no other team has. And it's not like they can't do short relief. Seems like a no-brainer to me. But I guess it's not.
No, I definitely agree.

Not only that situation, but how about when Ozzie brings in Cotts for 1/3, then politte for 2/3, and the game goes deep into extra innings? We then have 2 STARTERS out in the pen that can take the game as long as it needs to go.

I like Viz, and he's done a great job this year, but this is a tough decision. Marte = goodbye.

Tragg
10-01-2005, 03:40 PM
He has great stuff, and post season experience (successful experience). He could be a difference-maker in the playoffs.

I'd take Vizcaino off; he has done a solidly average job in middle relief. He deserves credit for that, but he's not a difference maker.

SoxxoS
10-01-2005, 03:51 PM
He has great stuff, and post season experience (successful experience). He could be a difference-maker in the playoffs.

I'd take Vizcaino off; he has done a solidly average job in middle relief. He deserves credit for that, but he's not a difference maker.

When you said he had great stuff, I immediately thought this was a thread from 2001. Then, I looked up above your name and...Nope, it said Today at 3:40.

SummerteethPacer
10-01-2005, 04:09 PM
Blum has done nothing to justify a spot. Does anybody think we go with a 12-man rotation?

mantis1212
10-01-2005, 04:12 PM
I really wish El Duque was a lefty. At this point I've had it with Marte. Sometime in the next couple weeks Ozzie is going to put him in when he shouldn't, and he's gonna blow a very big game for the Sox

MarySwiss
10-01-2005, 04:20 PM

If the name of the game is pitching, we have to take both these guys. Duque for his postseason experience and McCarthy for what he's shown. Okay, Mac is young, but he's been pretty cool so far and being added to the postseason roster would have to give his confidence a big boost. I'd leave off either Viz or Marte.

A. Cavatica
10-01-2005, 08:11 PM
I think Ozzie should keep both McCarthy and El Duque, leaving Marte off, but if he decides to drop one of them then he should consider our first round opponent. Boston's hitters are awfully familiar with Duque, and McCarthy owned them on Labor Day. On the other hand, if we face the Angels, Ozzie should still keep McCarthy. :redneck

A. Cavatica
10-01-2005, 08:12 PM
I'd be wary about bringing Hernandez if we're going to face Boston. Their hitters have seen an awful lot of him over the years, and McCarthy just owned them on Labor Day.

Ol' No. 2
10-01-2005, 08:58 PM
I really wish El Duque was a lefty. At this point I've had it with Marte. Sometime in the next couple weeks Ozzie is going to put him in when he shouldn't, and he's gonna blow a very big game for the SoxRelax. Marte isn't going to get nearly the use he's getting now in games that don't matter. He'll get used for a couple of batters and that's it.

Hagan
10-01-2005, 09:01 PM
bring luis and duque and just leave Geoff blum at home

JB98
10-01-2005, 09:05 PM
Relax. Marte isn't going to get nearly the use he's getting now in games that don't matter. He'll get used for a couple of batters and that's it.

I hope you are right. My nightmare scenario is Ozzie bringing Marte in to deal with Ortiz in the ninth inning of Game 5 of the ALDS.

Ol' No. 2
10-01-2005, 09:16 PM
I hope you are right. My nightmare scenario is Ozzie bringing Marte in to deal with Ortiz in the ninth inning of Game 5 of the ALDS.Not gonna happen unless the bases are empty and they have at least a 2 run lead. Same with Vizcaino. He'll be used in garbage time situations so as to spare the real relievers. But he won't come near the mound in critical situations unless there's no other choice.

kevin57
10-01-2005, 09:32 PM
Not gonna happen unless the bases are empty and they have at least a 2 run lead. Same with Vizcaino. He'll be used in garbage time situations so as to spare the real relievers. But he won't come near the mound in critical situations unless there's no other choice.

That's the sensible, intelligent thing to do, but Ozzie has this thing for Marte. I'll need to reach for another drink if I see Marte come in during any critical situation.

A. Cavatica
10-01-2005, 09:49 PM
That's the sensible, intelligent thing to do, but Ozzie has this thing for Marte. I'll need to reach for another drink if I see Marte come in during any critical situation.

Yeah. Ozzie is still using Cotts as the LOOGY and bringing in Marte in for longer outings.

JB98
10-01-2005, 09:58 PM
Yeah. Ozzie is still using Cotts as the LOOGY and bringing in Marte in for longer outings.

Politte and Hermanson have bailed Marte's ass out time and time again this season. Cliff did it again today. I keep waiting for Ozzie to give Cotts more responsibility, but he keeps sticking with Marte.

Brian26
10-01-2005, 10:14 PM
I hope you are right. My nightmare scenario is Ozzie bringing Marte in to deal with Ortiz in the ninth inning of Game 5 of the ALDS.

Which ends in one of these three scenarios:

1. Marte walks him on four straight pitches (this is even more likely if the bases are loaded).

2. Marte hits him.

3. Ortiz hits a bomb.

Brian26
10-01-2005, 10:17 PM
Not gonna happen unless the bases are empty and they have at least a 2 run lead. Same with Vizcaino. He'll be used in garbage time situations so as to spare the real relievers. But he won't come near the mound in critical situations unless there's no other choice.

If you're worried about a pitcher so much that he won't be allowed to come into the game in a critical situation, then he shouldn't be on the playoff roster. I'm worried about both Marte and Viz. I'd feel more comfortable with Duque and BMac. You HAVE to bring your best arms. Screw the righty/lefty stuff. Screw the mentality about guys being stretched out as starters. That all goes out the window. This is game time. You go down with your best stuff.

samram
10-01-2005, 10:18 PM

1. Marte walks him on four straight pitches (this is even more likely if the bases are loaded).

2. Marte hits him.

3. Ortiz hits a bomb.

I wonder if there's any pitcher in the league right now who would produce a better result against that guy. I think the Red Sox are the best matchup for the Sox in the first round, but those Ortiz and Ramirez do scare me.

kevin57
10-01-2005, 10:19 PM
Really! Why don't Cotts, etc. get more opportunties instead of Marte? It makes no sense. It's not like there are no other options in the bullpen. What does Ozzie hope to make out of DM?

Ol' No. 2
10-01-2005, 10:19 PM

2. Marte hits him.

3. Ortiz hits a bomb.You forgot David Ortiz strikes out looking.

Linky (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/wrap.jsp?ymd=20050905&content_id=1197600&vkey=wrapup2005&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb)

chisoxfan64
10-01-2005, 10:23 PM
You forgot David Ortiz strikes out looking.

Linky (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/wrap.jsp?ymd=20050905&content_id=1197600&vkey=wrapup2005&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb)

Or wets himself and runs back to the dugout crying.

Brian26
10-01-2005, 10:28 PM
You forgot David Ortiz strikes out looking.

Good point.

However, Jon Adkins struck out Ortiz in a big situation last year too. Once.

Based on what we've seen of Marte, I'm not confident he could repeat his performance.

All of that said, I agree with the previous poster...a lot of pitchers don't look very good matched up against Ortiz, and I'll include Bmac and Duque in that group. It's going to be a tough call.

Ol' No. 2
10-01-2005, 10:31 PM
Good point.

However, Jon Adkins struck out Ortiz in a big situation last year too. Once.

Based on what we've seen of Marte, I'm not confident he could repeat his performance.

All of that said, I agree with the previous poster...a lot of pitchers don't look very good matched up against Ortiz, and I'll include Bmac and Duque in that group. It's going to be a tough call.A lot of pitchers haven't looked too good against Hafner and Martinez, either. Marte was throwing decent pitches - he just got beat by a couple of good hitters. It happens to the best pitchers. Make your best pitch, and if he hits it, he hits it. I just don't want to see him walking guys.

SouthSide_HitMen
10-02-2005, 11:50 AM
I don't know if anyone listened to the pre-game this morning with Ed and Don Cooper but I think based on what was said "We hate to leave off someone who has contributed throughout the season but no one person is bigger than the team" that they were talking about El Duque (or possibly Marte but I doubt it).

That would mean McCarthy makes it with two lefties and 4 righties (Vizcaino, Jenks, Hermanson and Politte).

My thought - I like it.

Your thoughts?