PDA

View Full Version : Hangover lineup tomorrow?

StillMissOzzie
09-30-2005, 01:38 AM
Just wondering if Ozzie will give ALL the regulars the day off for rest and recuperation from too much bubbly and beer. I won't even hazzard a guess at the batting order, but do you think it might look like this?

3B - Blum
SS - Ozuna
2B - Harris
1B - Gload
C - Widger
LF - Timo
RF - Borchard
CF - Anderson
P - Buehrle
:burly
"Who ARE these guys?"

SMO
:gulp: :D:

Banix12
09-30-2005, 01:44 AM
I don't know if it's going to be that drastic. I would expect a couple of guys to get the day off, but I doubt he throws the whole starting lineup on the bench already, he'll save that for the last day.

I think Uribe gets the day off cause he looked a little gimpy at the end of the game today. I wouldn't be shocked if Pods gets the whole series off to rest his legs. I also think Gload gets the start at 1st and Paulie DH's. I think Iguchi and Crede will start since they didn't play today.

Chez
09-30-2005, 10:31 AM
Play the bench guys who will be on the playoff roster but have been languishing on the bench for the last couple of weeks (e.g. Blum, Timo) and give El Duque a 2-3 inning stint backing up Burls. I'd like to win at least one game against Cleveland to cement our home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

Unregistered
09-30-2005, 11:01 AM
I'd like to win at least one game against Cleveland to cement our home fiel advantage throughout the playoffs.
A lot of the guys were talking about that in the Postgame yesterday - they know they still need to go out there and get homefield advantage, so don't expect them to totally sleepwalk through this series...

Tekijawa
09-30-2005, 11:06 AM
Play the bench guys who will be on the playoff roster but have been languishing on the bench for the last couple of weeks (e.g. Blum, Timo).

If Blum is on the playoff roster then that should end the possibility of Ozzie being nominated for Manager of the year and Kenny for General Manager of the year.

34 Inch Stick
09-30-2005, 11:58 AM
Pods should not see anything more than PH at bats. AJ should see nothing more than DH at bats. No starter should go more than 6 innings with liberal substitutions throughout the game.

Hagan
09-30-2005, 01:19 PM
I can tell you one thing, party animal jenks will not be pitching tomorrow.
:gulp:

DenverSock
09-30-2005, 01:25 PM
I can tell you one thing, party animal jenks will not be pitching tomorrow.
:gulp:

I hope he works a little on his control before I get a heart attack!

StockdaleForVeep
09-30-2005, 01:28 PM
I just wanna see uribe play, he'd prob be the one stumbling back into the clubouse, in boxer shorts, sandals with socks and asking everyone if they know where he dropped his keys

JB98
09-30-2005, 01:34 PM
I think you'll see seven or eight regulars in there tonight. For one thing, Ozzie said yesterday he owes it to Boston and New York to try to win these games. Secondly, there's no love lost between these two teams. It would be sweet to knock the trash-talking Tribe out of the playoffs all together.

I hope Everett is in the lineup tonight. He had a strong finish to the Detroit series. If he's starting to get back in the groove at the plate, we need to keep him there.

I'm not a big believer in resting guys for three straight days. Maybe Ozzie will try to get Pods, PK, AJ, Dye, Uribe and A-Row one day off each in this series. Monday is already an off day. If you start giving guys two and three days off, they lose their timing at the plate.

bigdommer
09-30-2005, 01:37 PM
Furthermore, I doubt Funnelin' Freddy Garcia even shows up the park.

Here is my predicted lineup:

SS Ozuna
2B Willie
RF Dye
DH Paulie
C AJ
1B Gload
3B Crede
LF Timo
CF BA

I think that Paulie, AJ, and JD get their rest tomorrow, while Pods, Rowand, Gooch, Juan and Crazy Carl start tomorrow. I see Sunday as a AAAA lineup with El Duque on the mound.

rookieroy
09-30-2005, 02:24 PM
Does anybody understand that we still don't have homefield advantage? To sit more than three or four starters each game is just plain dumb. I believe we need to win one of the next three to clinch homefield as long as the Red Sox win two of three from the Yanks. Homefield advantage is HUGE everyone!

bennyw41
09-30-2005, 02:30 PM
If Blum is on the playoff roster then that should end the possibility of Ozzie being nominated for Manager of the year and Kenny for General Manager of the year.

As much as I dislike Blum, he still can play a bunch of positions and can be used as late inning gaps, he needs to be there.

California Sox
09-30-2005, 02:32 PM

...and the possibility that I'll survive the series. Seeing Blum "hit" makes me want to end my life.

spongyfungy
09-30-2005, 02:42 PM
one more win guarantees homefield. but even then I doubt Ozzie trots out all the bench guys. Ozzie said he'll respect Boston and the Yanks by playing hard like he normally would play

TheOldRoman
09-30-2005, 02:42 PM
...and the possibility that I'll survive the series. Seeing Blum "hit" makes me want to end my life.
Then you need to seek professional help. Serisously.

Sad
09-30-2005, 03:18 PM
:o:
hit?
or bat?

in any case... relax...

BainesHOF
09-30-2005, 04:03 PM
It's official: Podsednik and Crede are the only regulars in Friday's starting lineup.

Banix12
09-30-2005, 05:00 PM
It's official: Podsednik and Crede are the only regulars in Friday's starting lineup.

I'm a little suprised Pods is in the lineup. My guess is if he gets on base he runs to work on his jumps.