PDA

View Full Version : LMAO @ NYY message board take on Sox

cheeses_h_rice
09-30-2005, 12:14 AM
Read some of their opinions (http://forums.espn.go.com/espn/thread?forumID=427&threadID=2441337&lastPostID=14284649) on our chances, and how great they think Boston and their own team are.

Argalarga
09-30-2005, 12:19 AM
I just found me a new sig.

RedPinStripes
09-30-2005, 12:19 AM
This is my favorite post.

Chicago has ALWAYS been a crooked city. I would not be suprised if they purposely tank the 3 games against Cleveland. That would really mess up the (2) AL East teams chances of both making the playoffs. Everybody in baseball knows the Red Sox and Yankees are the only two good teams in the AL.

Chicago and Cleveland would be No competition for St louis in the W/S

nasox
09-30-2005, 12:27 AM
Those guys aren't true fans, but rather the equivalent Yankee and Red Sox fans of Bobette and inta and jeremyb1. Meh, take it with a grain of salt. There's a reason the thread only has six replies.

Banix12
09-30-2005, 12:31 AM
Everybody in baseball knows the Red Sox and Yankees are the only two good teams in the AL.

Somebody has been watching ESPN.

Please Toronto, kick their butts next year. And Tampa, Baltimore, help them out as much as you can.

chidonez
09-30-2005, 12:32 AM
Now that's calling the kettle black! In contrast, we all know how squeaky clean Boston and especially NY are; not history of corruption there (or here in my case).

TommyJohn
09-30-2005, 08:51 AM
My gosh, I was on NYYFans.com a couple of weeks ago, and the opinions
being spouted bordered on parody. One guy said he hoped that the Indians
overtook them and that the playoffs would be the Red Sox, Yankees, Angels
and Indians so there would be four "real" teams. Another said they would be
the number 7 team, ahead of only the Padres. A third kept assuring everyone
that the White Sox would not make the playoffs, something he said even when
they were 15 games ahead. He was feeling quite proud of himself last week.

Uncle_Patrick
09-30-2005, 08:56 AM
Here's another fantastic post by BernieRulez1968 in a thread regarding Jose Contreras and why he could pitch for the Yankees the way he's pitching now:

In NY he was expected to win. Playing for Chicago......they strive for mediocrity. If Chicago played in the AL East....they would be in 4th place just behind the Blue Jays.

Therefore.....no pressure for Contreras to win in Chicago. Hence....the thrived. In the playoffs, Contreras will revert back to his choking self along with the rest of the Black Sox.

ode to veeck
09-30-2005, 09:01 AM
if there's ever been content that merited "what's the score" this would have to be it

soxfan26
09-30-2005, 09:01 AM
Oh no PapisDaddy doesn't like our chances either! :o:

They [The White Sox] have plenty to prove. Right now they are the weakest team of the bunch. Cleveland, LA Angels, Yanks, and the Red Sox could all beat the White Sox easily...They will be 3 and out no matter who they play in the post season.

billnahorodny
09-30-2005, 09:05 AM
I found this http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=ml-redsox&msg=145839.1&ctx=0
on the Red Sox MLB boards. It's absolutely hilarious how the Sox fan dismantles the Red Cubs fans

Railsplitter
09-30-2005, 09:35 AM
Perhaps that ignorant New Yorker (is that a redundancy?) never heard of William "Boss" Tweed, the man who made machine politics. tweed was a New Yorker.

Iwritecode
09-30-2005, 09:38 AM
In NY he was expected to win. Playing for Chicago......they strive for mediocrity. If Chicago played in the AL East....they would be in 4th place just behind the Blue Jays

That's funny, I thought the Sox had the best record in the AL...

:?:

cheeses_h_rice
09-30-2005, 09:40 AM
That's funny, I thought the Sox had the best record in the AL...

:?:

Don't you get it?

The AL Central is full of weak teams. You know, the Indians, the Twins, the Tigers.

Meanwhile, that AL East is a true powerhouse, with Tampa Bay, Toronto and Baltimore.

And let's not forget how the Yankees beat us every game we played head to head this year.

Iwritecode
09-30-2005, 09:45 AM
I found this http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=ml-redsox&msg=145839.1&ctx=0
on the Red Sox MLB boards. It's absolutely hilarious how the Sox fan dismantles the Red Cubs fans

It's threads like that one that make me glad I have a place like WSI where I don't have to constantly argue with no-nothings who can only bring up the attendance arguement instead of actual facts about the game.

credefan24
09-30-2005, 09:54 AM
Code,

I couldn't have said it better myself. I grow tired of people saying "well, you don't draw anyone to your ballpark." I feel like I'm in Bizzarro world. Whenever someone brings up something as mundane as attendance I always respond, "would you rather be in first place with 96 wins, and draw 20,000, or out of contention by July and sell out everygame?" Of course I don't get an answer, but the point is made. I just don't get it. But it does prove one thing, Sox fans know baseball. It is sort of irritating in a way, how ignorant some people are. But then again, take a look at New York.

TommyJohn
09-30-2005, 09:56 AM
Don't you get it?

The AL Central is full of weak teams. You know, the Indians, the Twins, the Tigers.

Meanwhile, that AL East is a true powerhouse, with Tampa Bay, Toronto and Baltimore.

And let's not forget how the Yankees beat us every game we played head to head this year.

Great response! If I felt like wasting one second of my life going back and
forth with those dopes, that would be the type of response I would give.
However, they ain't worth it!

Iwritecode
09-30-2005, 10:02 AM
Don't you get it?

Oh, that's right. Silly me. :kukoo:

:)

Harry Chappas
09-30-2005, 10:05 AM
I'm conflicted. On one hand, I would love to play the Yankees since they scare me less than Boston and, more importantly, I would love to shut their mouths. On the other hand, I think it would be hilarious if a $200 million team missed the playoffs entirely.

As an aside, I just got back from a few days in NY and the media is just as ignorant and obnoxious as their fans.

chisox
09-30-2005, 10:32 AM
those mlb.com posts really chapped my ass, not becasue of the obnoxiouness of the saux fans, but because of the way that a-hole whitesox fan was acting.

i love talking smack with my buddies about our respective teams (mets, phillies, yankees, and red sox fans), but the way "JCWS" was conducting himself on that board was completely uncalled for. it's loud-mouths like that who give their team's fans a bad name...:mad:

also, to be fair, some of the responses that jcws was getting weren't that well thought out...

for example, the stat about the sox having the worst fans, as rated by al players, being a bad thing. i would think that having a hostile environment would be a good thing.

Jerko
09-30-2005, 10:42 AM
those mlb.com posts really chapped my ass, not becasue of the obnoxiouness of the saux fans, but because of the way that a-hole whitesox fan was acting.

i love talking smack with my buddies about our respective teams (mets, phillies, yankees, and red sox fans), but the way "JCWS" was conducting himself on that board was completely uncalled for. it's loud-mouths like that who give their team's fans a bad name...:mad:

also, to be fair, some of the responses that jcws was getting weren't that well thought out...

for example, the stat about the sox having the worst fans, as rated by al players, being a bad thing. i would think that having a hostile environment would be a good thing.

J cws? Josh? :rolleyes:

ClaudelSleptHere
10-01-2005, 12:57 AM
He did have several good points though. I think my favorite part was when he called someone a birdbrain and someone responed "who are you, Moe Howard?"