PDA

View Full Version : Whose face are you rubbing this division win in?

antitwins13
09-29-2005, 08:33 PM
As Sox fans we take so much crap from fans from other teams. Who will you guys be gloating to after this win. I'm going to school 2 hours from KC so you all know what my answer will be. Also if you don't belive in gloating or are waiting for the WS to start taunting be heard as well.

MUsoxfan
09-29-2005, 08:46 PM
Everyone. Everyone that rubbed it in my face in '03 and beyond. It's a good time to be a Sox fan

soltrain21
09-29-2005, 08:58 PM
I called my roommate on my way back from school and say "We are the champions" for a good two minutes.

By the end of the night he is probably going to kill himself.

Uncle_Patrick
09-29-2005, 09:04 PM
My boss is from Cleveland and an Indians fan. Me and two of my co-workers are Sox fans. We're not rubbing it in his face, but we are having fun with it. He rejected our idea for "Casual Day - White Sox vs. Indians" for Friday.

SoxSpeed22
09-29-2005, 09:07 PM
I'd much rather rub in a World Series title.

fusillirob1983
09-29-2005, 10:32 PM

Agreed. I'm waiting til the Sox win something that I haven't seen in my lifetime.

Uncle_Patrick
09-29-2005, 10:46 PM

Agreed 100%. When that day comes (very soon, I hope) I'll be jumping for joy everywhere I go.

Chips
09-29-2005, 11:14 PM
I've been rubbing it in my old mans face since I got home from work this afternoon. He's a damned flub fan. I also tried to give it to my little brother but he's away at school and won't answer his phone. I wonder why? Should have left a message.

chitownhawkfan
09-30-2005, 04:10 AM
I have rubbed it in every Cubs fans face I know, and my one buddy from Iowa is a Toon fan, so I really let him have it.

DumpJerry
09-30-2005, 07:54 AM
As Sox fans we take so much crap from fans from other teams. Who will you guys be gloating to after this win. I'm going to school 2 hours from KC so you all know what my answer will be. Also if you don't belive in gloating or are waiting for the WS to start taunting be heard as well.
Royals fans? Come on Anti, didn't your mom tell you it's not nice to make the disabled feel bad about themselves?

I went to school in the 80's in Minnesota, so I had to put up with a lot of Twins and Viking fans, but I've gotten over it (actually got over it on a certain Sunday afternoon in late January, 1986:D: ).

My Flub fan brother who lives in Cleveland (we exiled him) got a call from me yesterday. He was calling me all last week. I have not heard from him this week. When I called yesterday after we won yet another baseball game, the receptionist said he told he would call me back. I left him a voice mail telling me I am concerned because he was not calling this week and I wanted to see if was ok. Really.

CaptainBallz
09-30-2005, 10:29 AM
Agreed. I'm waiting til the Sox win something that I haven't seen in my lifetime.

That will, indeed, be so much sweeter. But having to hear all the "c-word" nonsense for the last two months coming from silly flubs fans with nothing left to root for deserves a little trash talkin'.
Sent some instant messages and emails of the air raid siren to a couple "Chicago Fans" and haters.

I'll be doin that again in about a week and a half!

D. TODD
09-30-2005, 10:47 AM
Nobody! All of the haters know who they are. They made the choke comments and now all I have to do is smile when I see them. No need to get loud and obnoxious. They are fully aware of my joy, and I am fully aware of their pain.

MarySwiss
09-30-2005, 11:01 AM
I have a friend who's a Tribe fan and who has been driving me crazy with his "Do you hear footsteps?" crap. Haven't seen or heard from him lately, but sooner or later, he'll get his!

Gavin
09-30-2005, 11:09 AM
Royals fans, because that's the type of guy I am.

bennyw41
09-30-2005, 11:10 AM
Humble in Victory.

Chisox003
09-30-2005, 11:19 AM
Humble in Victory.
Yup.

No rubbing it in anybody's face (yet), because this is just the first step. Take the division win in stride, and sit back, relax and strap it down come October 4th.

11 more wins, and we will have something to boast about the rest of our lives.

:gulp:

Wsoxmike59
10-01-2005, 09:02 AM
The guy at work who kept making "gagging" sounds as he passed my desk for the past two or three weeks.

He was on vac this past week so me and a few fellow Sox fans just bombarded his cube with Sox pictures and logos. He's in for a big surprise when he gets back to work on Monday! :D:

P.S. I'll try to post a picture of it here on Monday 10/3

hose
10-01-2005, 09:21 AM
If it isn't good nature teasing with friends and co-workers that goes both ways then I don't get involved.

The internet is a totally different scenario, anything goes.:D:

jabrch
10-01-2005, 10:52 AM
Although I am collecting on several bets this year with Cub fans, I am waiting to really rub anyone's face in anything. Frankly, just winning the division isn't enough to brag about for me. I want to at least make it to the World Series before I really get nasty.

robertks61
10-01-2005, 12:16 PM
I've brought it up a few times but haven't rubbed it in. Surprisingly I haven't heard any comments from fans of The Tribune Company supported team.

Stroker Ace
10-01-2005, 12:54 PM
I rubbed it in the face of every Yankmee, Blowsawk, and flub fan I know.

"Hey Boston and NY, Have your teams secured a spot in the postseason yet?"