PDA

View Full Version : What if?

Chips
09-29-2005, 08:00 PM
Listening to US99.5 today at work and Rambling Ray and Big John asked the question "What if the Cardinals play the Sox in the World Series, who will cub fans root for?" So I'm asking if, a really big if, because I don't think it will ever happen, but if the Flubs played the Injuns or Twinkies in the world series who would root for?

RKMeibalane
09-29-2005, 08:07 PM
Listening to US99.5 today at work and Rambling Ray and Big John asked the question "What if the Cardinals play the Sox in the World Series, who will cub fans root for?" So I'm asking if, a really big if, because I don't think it will ever happen, but if the Flubs played the Injuns or Twinkies in the world series who would root for?

That's not possible. The Cubs will never play there.

SOX ADDICT '73
09-29-2005, 08:14 PM
I would find myself a cave in the mountains somewhere, and stay there for the rest of my life, far away from television, newspapers, or the internet, because I would never want to know the outcome.

Seriously, we've survived two Twins World Championships in the last two decades, and the Toons have gotten to the Big Show recently without all existence coming to an end.

However, if the Cubs were to win it all before the Sox, there's no way their fans (or the media) would ever let us live it down. As it is, the Sox have to at least match the '03 Cubs (make it to an LCS game 7) to avoid having those Bartman-blamers thrown in our faces. We may never know how close we came to utter disaster. Gotta love those Florida teams - the 2003 Marlins and the 2005 Devil Rays, my two favorite non-White Sox teams!

oeo
09-29-2005, 08:31 PM
Definately the Twins or the Indians...I can live with them winning. I can't on the other hand live with Cubs fans thinking they're god because the Cubs won a World Series.

antitwins13
09-29-2005, 09:30 PM
I posted a similar thread complete with poll earlier in the season and one of the mods labled it "a question by and for the terminally stupid" and moved it to the WSI Roadhouse where it died. So how the mods handle this thread will prove or disprove my "Mod conspiracy against Anti theory".

I voted for Twins, Toons, other AL

JohnBasedowYoda
09-29-2005, 10:55 PM
you need a neither option

chitownhawkfan
09-30-2005, 05:08 AM
Definately the Twins or the Indians...I can live with them winning. I can't on the other hand live with Cubs fans thinking they're god because the Cubs won a World Series.

I second this motion, that is if a labor stoppage isnt possible.

Uncle_Patrick
09-30-2005, 09:18 AM
That's not possible. The Cubs will never play there.

This is the correct answer.

Baby Fisk
09-30-2005, 09:34 AM
Neither. I'd have no interest in the series (eg. 2002).

Optipessimism
09-30-2005, 12:46 PM
I don't think anyone will have to worry about that type of scenario anytime soon. The Cubs have a whole lot of work to do to even become a legitimate contender, despite what you hear in the media. The Twins are done and will be done for a few years at least until their farm system produces another set of bats to back what looks to be a nasty future duo of Santana and Liriano. The Tribe IMO only needs an upgrade at closer and an ace at the top of their rotation and I think they will have a serious chance. Whether or not they'll make it ti the WS is anyone's guess, but barring injuries they are sure to be in the playoff picture for the next 3 years or so IMO.

The best news of all is that if the Sox do well in the postseason and we up the payroll and make a couple more improvements, I think a Sox/Tribe duo at the top of the AL Central, combined with improvements in Toronto, could be enough to make sure that only one of the ESPN teams get into the playoffs over the next couple years or so.

Uncle_Patrick
09-30-2005, 12:51 PM
Honestly, with the Sox making the playoffs, I can't really understand why anyone who considers themselves a White Sox fan is still thinking about the Cubs.

chitownhawkfan
09-30-2005, 05:35 PM
Honestly, with the Sox making the playoffs, I can't really understand why anyone who considers themselves a White Sox fan is still thinking about the Cubs.

Hey Uncle Patrick, no need to patronize, if you dont like it why even post here? Because somebody posted that question that must make them much less of a Sox fan than you. Using your line of argument anybody who posts in WTS is an inferior Sox fan to the almighty UnclePatrick.

slavko
09-30-2005, 06:11 PM
Didn't we all root for the Marlene's in 2003? Silly poll.