PDA

View Full Version : Sox Playoff Roster

RKMeibalane
09-29-2005, 07:49 PM
Has there been any indication as to who will be on the Sox playoff roster? I know there has been some debate about how many pitches should be included, but what about the remainder of the roster?

jabrch
09-29-2005, 07:55 PM
They asked KW on MJH today and he told Harry that it is more important that he talk to those who will make it and those who don't before he tells Harry. So we won't be hearing anything official for a few days. My guess is Gload and Viz don't, Willie, Blum and Duque do.

Banix12
09-29-2005, 08:40 PM
My feeling is this next series against cleveland may have a lot to say about the reserves. While I don't see Ozzie playing all of the reserves at once I do see him giving a few starters days off and rotating a few guys in and out. Gload will probably get a start or 2 at 1st with Paulie DHing and Blum will get some time as well.

Daver
09-29-2005, 08:42 PM
My feeling is this next series against cleveland may have a lot to say about the reserves. While I don't see Ozzie playing all of the reserves at once I do see him giving a few starters days off and rotating a few guys in and out. Gload will probably get a start or 2 at 1st with Paulie DHing and Blum will get some time as well.

I would not be surprised if Ozzie marched out his regular lineup for tommorow, home field advantage is still on the line.

mbwhitesox
09-29-2005, 09:16 PM
I would not be surprised if Ozzie marched out his regular lineup for tommorow, home field advantage is still on the line.

Exactly. It's not like now that the division is clinched the Sox have nothing left to play for and can just cruise into the playoffs.

Clinching the division today was nice. But imagine how much nicer it will be going into the playoffs after sweeping the Tribe, knocking them out of the playoffs and clinching homefield throughout. :cool:

grinderrule#1
09-29-2005, 09:21 PM
do u think ozzy will drop duque for the first round considering we wont need a fifth starter? maby activate a willy harris or ross gload?

Chips
09-29-2005, 09:26 PM
They asked KW on MJH today and he told Harry that it is more important that he talk to those who will make it and those who don't before he tells Harry. So we won't be hearing anything official for a few days. My guess is Gload and Viz don't, Willie, Blum and Duque do.

I would prefer it if Blum never wore a Sox uniform again, ever.