PDA

View Full Version : Should El Duque pitch in Tribe series?

antitwins13
09-29-2005, 06:10 PM
The division is already wrapped up and if we win tomorrow with MB then we clinch homefield I don't think it would be a bad idea to not pitch Garland in game two in order to save his arm for the playoffs. Let Duque pitch game 2!

RallyBowl
09-29-2005, 06:25 PM
Yes. We need to figure out if he will be the usual post-season dominator, or if he is going to be a liability.

Crede_Fan
09-29-2005, 06:26 PM
I already posted this but I agree completely. :)

A_ROW33
09-29-2005, 06:35 PM
I think he should come out of the pen, see how he handles that role since most likely that's how he will be used in the playoffs, let mark and jon go 3-5 innings just to stay sharp, but not wear them out.

SOX ADDICT '73
09-29-2005, 07:00 PM
The division is already wrapped up and if we win tomorrow with MB then we clinch homefield I don't think it would be a bad idea to not pitch Garland in game two in order to save his arm for the playoffs. Let Duque pitch game 2!
I want no part of Anaheim in the first round, and the only likely way that can be avoided is if Cleveland is eliminated from the WC. I like El Duque coming out of the bullpen much better than Marte, Bajenaru, or even Vizcaino. I say leave the rotation alone (pitching McCarthy on Sunday), and have Hernandez ready for long relief if necessary.

Chips
09-29-2005, 07:03 PM
I want no part of Anaheim in the first round, and the only likely way that can be avoided is if Cleveland is eliminated from the WC. I like El Duque coming out of the bullpen much better than Marte, Bajenaru, or even Vizcaino. I say leave the rotation alone (pitching McCarthy on Sunday), and have Hernandez ready for long relief if necessary.

I couldn't agree. I want Cleveland eliminated as well. I would like to see if El Duque has anything left, but I also want to win these last games as well.

itsnotrequired
09-29-2005, 07:13 PM

I like this plan as well. Starters will probably only go 5 innings or so. Might as well see how Hernandez handles it.

Vernam
09-29-2005, 07:16 PM
Just for El Duque's sake, I'd like to see him get that chance. He's been a great teammate, handling the McCarthy switch with unbelievable class -- living up to his name. But if we want to knock Cleveland out, he shouldn't start. And we do want to knock Cleveland out, IMO.

Vernam

slavko
09-29-2005, 07:33 PM
If I were Ozzie, I would be thinking of McCarthy as a backup closer for the playoffs, based on Hermy's back, Jenks's recent middling performance, and the likelihood we won't need him to start. He's too good to be a middle inning reliever.

SABRSox
09-29-2005, 07:39 PM
I think El Duque pitching all depends on how the rotation is going to be altered for the playoffs. If you need to rest a guy to get the rotation the way you want, El Duque is good for a spot start.

Banix12
09-29-2005, 07:41 PM
I'd give him some work, he hasn't pitched in a few weeks I think and if Ozzie is seriously thinking about putting him on the playoff roster I would do it.

Unless we sweep them I see Cleveland winning the wild card, the Red Sox haven't looked all that good and I could seriously see them tanking the rest of the way. Hell even if we swept Cleveland they might make the playoffs because they sure aren't looking all that great against toronto right now.

Lip Man 1
09-29-2005, 07:47 PM
Hernandez has 'supposedly' regained his velocity throwing on the sidelines. He hasn't pitched in a game in a while. The only way to know for sure if he should be on the post season roster or not is that he has to be used.

This is the perfect time for it.

Lip

kevingrt
09-29-2005, 07:51 PM
The short answer: Yes

The long answer: YESSSSSS