PDA

View Full Version : Wow, Just Wow

nasox
09-29-2005, 07:00 PM
Sorry to shout the thread title, but go to www.espn.com for a sec and check out what is the front page story. Every other major sports news place has a picture of the White Sox "choking on champaign" but not espn. Sporting news, CBSSportsline, yahoo, mlb.com all have white sox win front page stories. But not espn. ESPn has a story on the "Amazing Race" and whether A(drill)rod or Papi (makes me Gag-y) should win the AL MVP, and big pictures of them. Wow. I'm not pissed, this is a moment of celebration for a sox fan like me, but that is pretty bad. ESPN sucks and I'm glad I boycott it.

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

BUT GO WHITE SOX!!!!:):)

PAPChiSox729
09-29-2005, 07:05 PM
Well you aren't exactly doing a great job on that boycott then are you?

:wink:

I have better things to do... like celebrate!

HotelWhiteSox
09-29-2005, 07:36 PM
And after it happened, they had some stupid college football piece, they ****ing hate it, and I'm loving it as they are the only ones who are choking, with digust.

MarySwiss
09-29-2005, 07:44 PM
Sorry to shout the thread title, but go to www.espn.com (http://www.espn.com/) for a sec and check out what is the front page story. Every other major sports news place has a picture of the White Sox "choking on champaign" but not espn. Sporting news, CBSSportsline, yahoo, mlb.com all have white sox win front page stories. But not espn. ESPn has a story on the "Amazing Race" and whether A(drill)rod or Papi (makes me Gag-y) should win the AL MVP, and big pictures of them. Wow. I'm not pissed, this is a moment of celebration for a sox fan like me, but that is pretty bad. ESPN sucks and I'm glad I boycott it.

Not surprising in the least. If you watched the Sox/Tigers game on ESPN, this was a recurring theme. In fact, I lost count of how many times they promo'ed tomorrow's "Hunt for October" game between the Red Sox and Yankees, although, to be fair, they always added something to the effect that "select markets will see the Sox/Indians game." And those select markets would be where exactly? Tibet? Uzbekistan? Tattoine?

Funny how there never was a promo of tomorrow's Sox/Indians game that said select markets...oh, what the hell's the use? And for anyone who feels inclined to point out that this is only fair because the AL East is undecided, so was the AL Central when the game began and they first started airing their promoes. But there is no East Coast bias; we all know that.

BTW, PapChiSox79, I agree with you about the celebrating, but I think it's possible to be ecstatic about the Sox and still resent ESPN. It's not like they're mutually exclusive choices! :cool:

Iwritecode
09-29-2005, 08:06 PM
Tattoine?

I hear it's actually quite nice there this time of year.

:)

slavko
09-29-2005, 08:19 PM
Anyone see the reaction of Linda (insert whinny) Cohn?

doublem23
09-30-2005, 12:49 AM
Now their lead is something about the Red Sox. God damn, I hate ESPN.

Banix12
09-30-2005, 01:01 AM
I want Cleveland to get eliminated just because of the matchups we would face but frankly if either Boston or New York get eliminated this weekend I wouldn't be crying about it, mostly because ESPN and every analyst on the network would be suicidal over it.

You think if Aaron Small and Shawn Chacon pitched this way for another contender it would be considered a fluke instead of two pitchers "emerging to superstar caliber". You know, like how most of them treat Jose Contreras as a fluke?

I swear whenever I see an analyst talk about the sox i see many of them say the pitching staff is failing since "Jose Contreras is their best pitcher." Yet the Yankees are sitting pretty because "Shawn Chacon and Aaron Small are dealing!"

kittle42
09-30-2005, 03:41 AM
Now their lead is something about the Red Sox. God damn, I hate ESPN.

The Red Cubs are destestable. Their left fielder is a piece of crap.

chitownhawkfan
09-30-2005, 04:59 AM
A little bit off topic, but similiar, how about yesterday when the Sawx were playing Toronto and Cleveland was playing Tampa. Being in the Midwest and having an interest in the Toon game you would think we would get it. NOPE, we get force fed more Boston crap.

Also, did anybody see that cheesy garbage Baseball Is.... or This is Baseball... or whatever the hell it was called. It was almost like an infomercial for Boston, and New York. In fact, that network has such a hardon for the city of New York that they even went off about the Brooklyn Dodgers and the Giants.
:chunks:
Just go away already, you have no credibility and you suck worse than carrot top.

miker
09-30-2005, 12:06 PM
"choking on champaign"
What does this have to do with the city next to the University of Illinois?:?: