PDA

View Full Version : Where were you when the SOX clinched?

TheArmyOfNeems
09-29-2005, 04:57 PM
I had just gotten out of school and i was driving home on the expressway when it happened. I was so happy i decided to full blast Misty Mountain Hop, and just as i did, a black Scion Xb with a white sox bumper sticker pulled in front of me. :cool:

pearso66
09-29-2005, 04:59 PM
lol i was working and couldnt watch the game, but i got in my car, and as i started it i heard "and he makes the play, the White Sox are central division champions"

lths06
09-29-2005, 05:01 PM
I was sitting on my couch watching the game because I left school early instead of staying for a homecoming assembly :redface:

Baby Fisk
09-29-2005, 05:02 PM
It felt like there were a couple hundred WSIers in the chatroom, contributing to the decline in North American productivity today. :redface:

CaptainBallz
09-29-2005, 05:03 PM
On an "extended lunch break". Saw it all with the boss cheering right beside me!!

ChiSoxMTR
09-29-2005, 05:04 PM
Hiding in the lunchroom at work to watch the last out.

sas1974
09-29-2005, 05:04 PM
I was sitting on a bar stool at Poag Mahones taking an "executive lunch.":gulp:

ilsox7
09-29-2005, 05:05 PM
Finn McCool's on Division, ditching law school. Still there now in fact...

santo=dorf
09-29-2005, 05:05 PM
In the bar with 40 other Sox fans on their feet. :cool:

Uncle_Patrick
09-29-2005, 05:06 PM
I was sitting at my desk, watching MLB Gameday. It wasn't a very productive afternoon in the office.

downstairs
Just got off a conference call, where I had to "leave early" to "catch another meeting."

Then it was me and a Moosehead beer...

YES!

PAPChiSox729
I was sitting at my computer in Web Design class, checking the game thread here at WSI. Got yelled at for it too, but it was most definitely worth it.

:cool:

Chisox003
Delivering a 6 minute speech to my rhetoric class

2:30 class, I held out as long as I could, but ended up leaving in the 8th inning

Trust me, I thought about it the entire class

Typical White Sox fashion, clinching it in the middle of a weekday :cool:

Hey, at this point, who cares right? October 4th U.S. cellular field will be rocking, for the first October in 5 years

Finally :gulp:

DSpivack
in my room watching the game. could have done some work at radio station or newspaper this afternoon, but to no avail, i rushed back after my 2:15 class got out, and after a couple errands got back in time to watch the last two innings.

if you're at finn mccool's, what are you doing posting here?

ndu3t4
09-29-2005, 05:07 PM
I snuck a radio into my math and spanish class. I turned it off for the bottom of the ninth because I had to take a spanish test, but I turned it on just in time to here John conlude the broadcast proclaiming the Sox the chapions.

ChiSoxGirl
09-29-2005, 05:08 PM
I was in my classroom listening to the game on a portable radio underneath my desk... until the janitor told me to come into the school's classroom-turned "t.v. studio" that has Comcast. I left my classroom with 1 on in the bottom of the 9th and made it down there to see the final 3 outs! When they won it, I went down to see the only other Sox fan teacher in the building to share the good news with her and she gave me a huge hug- right in the middle of her teaching! Not the best of scenarios, but I'll take it!

Paulwny
09-29-2005, 05:09 PM
Watching the game at home, game ends, phone immediately rings, my 2 1/2 yr old grandaughter says , " Hi grandpa the GO Sox won are you happy ?"

DC Sox Fan
09-29-2005, 05:10 PM
went to my buddy's bar/restaurant in Tyson's corner (DC area folks know where that is). Skipped work and watched the end on their big screen. Got a little misty when they brought me out a complimentary flute of champagne :bandance:

doublem23
09-29-2005, 05:18 PM
In my apartment, 30 minutes late for work. :redface:

MarySwiss
09-29-2005, 05:23 PM
In my living room. Alone. Which is just how I wanted it--just in case. I could've gone to a sports bar, but I didn't trust my ability to control my emotions. At home, if I broke something, it would have been something of mine. Throwing a beer stein through a big screen TV at a bar would've been a different matter entirely.

dcb33
09-29-2005, 05:25 PM
Behind my desk watching Gamecast with a few of my fellow Sox fans here at work. There definitely wasn't much love for productivity around the office this afternoon!:cool:

1951Campbell
09-29-2005, 05:26 PM
I was sitting at my desk, watching MLB Gameday. It wasn't a very productive afternoon in the office.

Same for me!

Daver
09-29-2005, 05:27 PM
I was "supposedly" doing an estimate on a remodel job, but I was actually sitting in my truck in a vacant lot listening to the game.

TFLEM33
09-29-2005, 05:28 PM
I was in class. As soon as I got out, I ran to a computer, and shouted for joy when I saw the results.

soxjim
09-29-2005, 05:30 PM
I was sitting in my car on break with the game on the radio. After the last out was made I beeped my car horn and drove off to our other building to share the news with 2 other SOX fans. On our way home we flew our SOX car flag with pride all the way home. when I got home gave my wife a hug.

SoxFan76
09-29-2005, 05:30 PM
I was sitting by myself in my living room watching it on TV. I skipped my 2pm so I could see the entire game. Priorities my friend, priorities.

schmitty9800
09-29-2005, 05:31 PM
In my 1pm class we were checking into the game on a guy's palm pilot.

Unfortunately I didn't have anything to check during my 2pm class. As soon as it was out I looked on my phone and saw the great news.

dakuda
I was in my classroom listening to the game on a portable radio underneath my desk... until the janitor told me to come into the school's classroom-turned "t.v. studio" that has Comcast. I left my classroom with 1 on in the bottom of the 9th and made it down there to see the final 3 outs! When they won it, I went down to see the only other Sox fan teacher in the building to share the good news with her and she gave me a huge hug- right in the middle of her teaching! Not the best of scenarios, but I'll take it!

We have tvs and cable in each room. I was giving a test during 7/8 (when the game started). I turned the TV on with no sound. Then 9th was my planning, so I left the volume low while I made a bunch of phone calls to parents, then 10th is 'Activity' (the luxuries of a Behavior Disorder room), and our activity today was watching the game.

So I was able to watch pretty much the entire game at work. And I am still here for the alternative night program. I need to go out and hit a bar or two.:gulp:

bobowhite

Ditto.

chisoxfanatic
09-29-2005, 05:33 PM
I was driving home in the 8th inning, had to put a couple things in to the mail, and I was speeding down Archer Ave. to get home from the post office in time for the bottom of the 9th...So, I was able to see the Sox clinch from the comforts of my own front room!!!

Reminds me of 83
09-29-2005, 05:33 PM
I was sitting at my desk, watching MLB Gameday. It wasn't a very productive afternoon in the office..

Me to....and talking on the phone with my fellow Sox Fans!!

SouthSideHitman
09-29-2005, 05:34 PM
Because ESPN blacked the game out here in Beloit, I had to go to class, but my dad called me on my cell when they clinched and I shouted "The Sox won the Central!" in middle of my linguistics class.

antitwins13
09-29-2005, 05:37 PM
My dorm room watching the game and making fun of my roomate who is a Cub fan

TheArmyOfNeems
09-29-2005, 05:42 PM
My Dorm room watching the game and making fun of my roomate who is a Cub fan

nice

DetroitSoxFan
09-29-2005, 05:43 PM
Got off work in the bottom of the 8th, realized I couldn't make it to Comerica in time, frantically raced home almost getting in 2 accidents on the way listening to the dullllllll Detroit announcers on the radio, but got home in time for the final 3 outs and the White Sox Clincher.....YES!!!

bafiarocks03
09-29-2005, 05:45 PM
In la escuela! My friend told me right as school ended. And i almost cried!!

chisoxfanatic
09-29-2005, 05:47 PM
In la escuela! My friend told me right as school ended. And i almost cried!!

They did a close-up of Willie Harris in the clubhouse after the game...

Foulke You
09-29-2005, 05:48 PM
I was at work huddled in a dark corner of our loading dock listening to the radio for the final inning. I'm upset that it happened during the day and I missed seeing it but I'm happy I got to hear John Rooney call the finish. My Instant Message, Email, and Cell Phone lit up with activity when the game ended, LOL. Everyone knows I'm a big Sox fan.:cool:

Huisj
09-29-2005, 05:48 PM
I watched the whole game up until the 9th inning. I was hoping it would be a fast game, but it slowed down just enough that I couldn't stick around for the 9th because I had to go to school and meet someone at 2:30.

So I guess I was probably riding my bike down Green Street through Campustown in Champaign when it happened.

whitesoxwilkes
09-29-2005, 05:57 PM
At my desk with 2 other Sox fans I work with huddled around it listening to MLB audio.

After the last out, I was almost jumping on my desk.

tschneid83
09-29-2005, 06:03 PM
I was at work following gameday fixing this guys computer but the updates I was doing were not going fast enough so when I saw it was going to the ninth and I saw he was not looking I turned it off and said it froze and I would have to come back some other time. I then found an office where I knew the person would not be in. logged into his computer and put on gameday audio and well we all know how the rest went.

GO SOX

Hokiesox
09-29-2005, 06:04 PM
I was on the Senate floor in Washington, working

FarWestChicago
09-29-2005, 06:17 PM
Watching mlb.tv in my offiice 45 minutes late for lunch. My employees were bitching about being hungry to which I replied, "Shut the **** up. We're not going anywhere until this thing is over." :D:

zmz723
09-29-2005, 06:25 PM
was in school. luckily i have 2 computer classes the last three periods so i watched on gameday.

Sxy Mofo
09-29-2005, 06:31 PM
It felt like there were a couple hundred WSIers in the chatroom, contributing to the decline in North American productivity today. :redface:

You know, you'd think being at work and having to "watch" the game through a chat room would suck... and it did...

but seeing the excitement of so many people was pretty damn cool as well.

AZChiSoxFan
09-29-2005, 06:37 PM
I was stuck in a computer program training class at work all day. Fortunately, I sat in the back row of the room, so that nobody could see what was on my computer. Unfortunately, I don't know anything more about the new program than I did before the class.

whitesoxfan
09-29-2005, 06:41 PM
i was in school, was checking updates on my phone after every class though. When school got out at 2:45, i checked my phone again and saw "CHW 4 - DET 2 F"

i yelled in celebration...people probably thought i was nuts, but it was worth it :D:

PicktoCLick72
09-29-2005, 06:44 PM
Pacing on in the frat house with the Die hards. This October is going to be sweet.

Realist
09-29-2005, 06:48 PM
I was in the middle of giving my lecture to my class at Columbia College.

A big "thank you" to Cat Thief for keeping me updated during the last inning of the game with text messaging. When I received the message that the Sox had won the game and the division, I reached into my brief case, pulled out a beer in front of the class, popped it open and said, "This is for the White Sox!" :gulp:

The class got a kick out of it, but none of my beer. :redneck

soxwon
09-29-2005, 06:52 PM
front office at work, huddled with the 2 other sox fans in my company.

soxstarter
09-29-2005, 06:58 PM
I was getting my budget ready at work and listening to the game on the radio. Just as the winning moment came, the office manager came into my office and said...."you are listening to the game aren't you?" Strangely enough she left after the only reply she got was, "yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssss!"

Kogs35
09-29-2005, 07:02 PM
in my room watching it on tv with espn and mlb.tv with hawk and dj . almost woke up my neice who was sleeping here with my jumping up and down lol.

itsnotrequired
09-29-2005, 07:04 PM
Work for me as well. I had to field a phone call right after the Crede error. I thought there would be some trouble but I came back from the call (under 10 minutes) to discover a White Sox winner!:bandance:

RKMeibalane
09-29-2005, 07:04 PM
In my apartment.

Mohoney
09-29-2005, 07:06 PM
I was hovering around a radio with about 30 other guys that I work with, sweating bullets.

The high-fives and the Cub fan razzing were great.

iamkoza
09-29-2005, 07:07 PM
One of the benefits of working outside all day is cars have radios!!

Yeah!

Chips
09-29-2005, 07:08 PM
I was also at work, I had the game on the radio but was too busy to listen to most of it. I took my lunch just as Paulie made the catch to seal the division

chisox56
09-29-2005, 07:12 PM
I was in class, I wanted to ditch but attendance counts towards the grade so I heard about when I got back from my brother and some sox fans who live next door.

DaleJRFan
09-29-2005, 07:13 PM
I was sitting in the waiting room at my doctor's office when my Cubfan friend called to congratulate me.... Not how I wanted to hear! :angry:

But they're the champs! Choke on this, ESPN!!! :redneck

buehrle4cy05
09-29-2005, 07:14 PM
Was in physics listening to a lecture on vectors. I hopped on a computer and checked the score, and proceeded to high five a bunch of Sox fans in the hall afterwards.

mccoydp
09-29-2005, 07:14 PM
At my house, with my wife; I'm on vacation (I planned it so I was off during the playoffs), so I had MLB-TV.com on the computer for the Hawk & DJ feed, and ESPN on in the living room. As soon as the Sox won on ESPN, I rushed into my home office to catch the game winning call on the MLB-TV feed (thank God for the two-pitch delay). There was no way I was going to miss Hawk's play-by-play of the final out. My wife and I applauded and hugged. I had pizza and snacks, but no beer until later tonight (I still had a run to do).
I've been a baseball fan for fifteen years, and a White Sox fan for that entire time. I'll never forget this clincher!
Thanks to all of you on this site for making this a memorable season; I've learned a lot, and you've all made the wins more satisfying and the losses more bearable!

hawkeyesox17
09-29-2005, 07:21 PM
I was sitting by myself in my living room watching it on TV. I skipped my 2pm so I could see the entire game. Priorities my friend, priorities.

Same here my friend, except it was my dorm room and i missed a 2:30. But hey, I really had no choice did I? :D:

gosox3072
09-29-2005, 07:39 PM
I was sitting in my room BLASTING go go whitesox, and na na na hey goodbye so everyone in my frathouse(all cub fans) knew we are champions.

I hope to do it again in approx. 1 month!

Murphy10
09-29-2005, 07:47 PM
Football practice ughh but our coach got all mad at us, left then came back saying the sox won the division and the rest of my day has been great:D: :D: :D:

kevingrt
09-29-2005, 07:49 PM
My dorm room at University of Mizzou, listening to the delay of Hawk and DJ on MLB.TV while watching on ESPN. Watching the postgame celebration was amazing!

SABRSox
09-29-2005, 07:55 PM
I was at work. My boss, an Jndians fan, was also listening. I had a grin a mile wide, and he was pretty upset. "They still have a shot at the Wild Card... maybe," I said.

Good times.

The Racehorse
09-29-2005, 07:55 PM
... no where near tv, radio, or the internet. Today was the first day at my clinical assignment for school... I didn't even realize the Sox clinched until approximately 6:00 P.M. eastern time.

samram
09-29-2005, 07:56 PM
I was in a training session (in Atlanta all this week) learning how to use tax return software which pissed me off because I don't actually do tax returns. The session wrapped up when there was 1 out in the bottom of the ninth, but I kept my computer on to keep track of the game through the WSI gamethread. Of all the days to not be able to chat....

Deuce
09-29-2005, 08:00 PM
I was sitting on the floor watching the game during my late lunch.

krohnjw
09-29-2005, 08:12 PM
Driving to NJ and listening on the XM radio! :D: There was no one to celebrate with, so I honked the horn a few times. So there may be a few people in Pennsylvania wondering who was honking at them :rolleyes:

TheArmyOfNeems
09-29-2005, 08:27 PM
Was in physics listening to a lecture on vectors. I hopped on a computer and checked the score, and proceeded to high five a bunch of Sox fans in the hall afterwards.

no way dude, i was in physics too. we are also learning vectors!

JohnBasedowYoda
09-29-2005, 08:32 PM
at home chilln 'n grillin.

ode to veeck
09-29-2005, 08:35 PM
on the tennis court in a three set singels match ... White Sock sent me some text message updates as they clinched ... it was a no brainer with Freddie pitching away in the daytime, but I guess it got a little hairy right up until Paulie's leaping grap in the 9th

MUsoxfan
09-29-2005, 08:38 PM
Work. Luckily I'm a bartender at a private c.c. and it was slow. I watched with a couple of members that were also Sox fans

ChiSox14305635
09-29-2005, 08:43 PM
I was at work, where we can't surf the 'net. :(:

Fortunately, I was among friends and we all celebrated a White Sox winner! :bandance:

kninchicago
09-29-2005, 08:44 PM
I took a late lunch, planned so I could see the end of the game. The game ended right as my hour was up so it was perfect timing. I work in the Loop so I walked down to the Big Downtown on Wabash and parked myself right in front of one of the big screens. There were about 30 other Sox fans with me. It was a great lunch hour!

MeteorsSox4367
09-29-2005, 08:45 PM
When Konerko caught the liner, I was in my boss' office watching the game with him since he's also a Sox fan. I then went to my bigger boss' office to watch the postgame fiesta when he told me he had an extra ticket for Game 1 if I were interested.

In the immortal words of Hawk, "Uh, yeah."

I also had to endure some ribbing from a co-worker who's a Cub fan and lives near Wrigley. He told me the Sox would go three and out. I asked him how finishing as an also-ran in the NL Central felt before giving him a one-finger salute.

Go Sox!! This is our Year!!!!!!!!!!!!

JUribe1989
09-29-2005, 08:48 PM
We were presenting Spanish powerpoints on a big screen in Spanish and I went to the Sox website and the entire class saw that the Sox were AL Central champs. It was absolutely great. I was just so happy. There was much applause in the class. And I told Senora "Medios Blancos Ganaron!" (White Sox won)

OzzieBall
09-29-2005, 08:57 PM
Another White Sox fan and I went down to the bar in our building. We watched the end of the game and had an awkward male hug.

Im very very psyched. Go Sox

Madvora
09-29-2005, 09:13 PM
I had it pretty bad today. Just started a new job last week so I'm still at the mercy of doing whatever they want me to do. I got to listen to the first hour of the game at lunch today, then I was taken away from my desk for 3 hours! I didn't get to check the score until after 4:30. I was pissed.

I did tape the game though.

mrs. hendu
09-29-2005, 09:14 PM
I was at home watching everything live. :D: :cool: :bandance:

SAVVY18
09-29-2005, 09:18 PM
I was on the way to a job interview so I caught the first 45 minutes on radio. Then sat in the interview for over an hour and got to hear the final out on the way to meet my wife. Luckily we were meeting at a restaurant and I got to see some of the post game celebration!!! :bandance:

SOX LA Mikey
09-29-2005, 09:29 PM
Santa Monica, CA here
We finished morning patients just as the 7th inning ended (Gameday)
I sprinted to the Irish Pub two blocks away cause I knew
the game was on ESPN, watched the last 2 innings by myself
and had 2 Guinnesses :gulp: :gulp:... A Quiet Satisfaction
the pub owner looked at me cross eyed, because He's
a Red (Wrong) Sox fan

:supernana: < ME

TimoPerez
09-29-2005, 09:31 PM
I had a golf match. I asked my coach if he knew what was going on with "the real Sox" as I put it and he told me that he saw they were up 4-1. I was on my way to the course when they officially clinched.

Viva Medias B's
09-29-2005, 09:33 PM
I was at work. I kept following the game on my cell phone's browser. It turns out that the cell phone browser was behind real time. My cellphone was behind real time, so I walked into the stockroom of where I work thinking we were in the 8th inning. But upon entering the stockroom, the radio tuned to WSCR-AM (670) had George Ofman saying "the White Sox are jumping up and down." It was then, I knew we won.

I promptly took a break and walked to a nearby restaurant where I saw part of the locker room celebration taking place. I then walked to my employee lounge where I flipped between WGN-Channel 9 and WFLD-Channel 32, who were covering the postgame live. WBBM-Channel 2, WMAQ-Channel 5, and WLS-Channel, respectively, evidently felt that "Judge Judy," "Passions," and "General Hospital" were more important.

I worked the rest of my shift until 8:00 p.m. I then promptly came here (home), and have been drinking champagne ever since. Hopefully, I'm not too hungover to drive to Grandstand Friday and get one of those caps and shirts.

:gulp: X ???

chisox59
09-29-2005, 09:33 PM
I saw the first 7 1/2 innings on TV then had to leave for work. ESPN radio in Denver wasn't carrying the game so I had to listen for updates. The guy covering the game at the park came on and said "The White Sox WERE on their way to winning the American League Central. They were leading 4-2 when the Tigers put 2 runners on in the bottom of the ninth for Placido Polanco." He said WERE so the horror of a three run homer and another loss swept through my mind. Then they played John Rooney's call of the line drive to Paulie. I could have killed that reporter. He doesn't realize what all of us have been through the last few weeks to do something like that.

GoGoSox05
09-29-2005, 09:35 PM
I was at school with my friend (an indians hater) and we were following the game on our laptops in the parking lot. when it finally ended we were screaming and hugging.... since we're in Columbus, OH, we got some "boos" and "Sox suck!".... but i sped home and hung our Sox flag proudly

kevin57
09-29-2005, 09:36 PM
Hate to be gross, but I was in the doc's office getting two cysts removed from my back. (Well, you asked!). I was able to hear up until the 8th. All the better! The Sox do better when I don't watch or listen to them.

:cheers:

MikeW
09-29-2005, 09:38 PM
On the East Coast I was at work and my kids called me when they got home from school. They put the phone next to the TV and I put the whole thing on speaker phone in my office just as Konerko caught the liner. Everyone here is either Yanks or Boston, but they were happy for me. I don't know whether that warm feeling from them will be the same next week.

soxjim
09-29-2005, 09:41 PM
After the game ordered a pizza with my wife to celebrate. When we went to pick it up and the owner of the pizza place said congratulations the pizza is on me. Hard to believe a cub fan would be this generous.

rookieroy
09-29-2005, 09:44 PM
I had Cbs Sportsline Gamecenter on the pc at work. Had to do an interview at the top of the 8th inning. Came out in the bottom of the ninth with two on just after Crede made the error. My boss was standing by my computer with this horrible look on his face....I thought they just lost(since he is a cub fan) We turned on the radio and listened to the rest. Once Konerko caught the line drive, we both hugged each other and started jumping up and down like a couple of ****. Too cool!!!!!!

:) :supernana: :) :supernana:

gobears1987
09-29-2005, 09:47 PM
Stanley Coulter Hall room 179 for ENGR 106 lab, checking updates on gameday while doing it. I screamed out when they won.

TomBradley72
09-29-2005, 09:47 PM
I'm a this b.s. "retreat" for work in the middle of nowhere MI...no access to cell phones or anything.....saw they were winning in 4-1 in the 8th.....finally got access to the internet after dinner...tons of emails from friends...lots of phone calls and messages....what a great day!

All we need to do is go 7-5 in the first two rounds...and we're in the Series!

Frankfan4life
09-29-2005, 10:00 PM
I was at work. My boss was out of town, so I turned the tv on in his office and had the game on the whole time. I kept going in there and watching it every few minutes. I have lunch from 2 to 3, so I was able to watch the end of the game and a lot of the post-game celebration. Boy, I really wished I were there. (Even though I don't have playoff tickets, I hope the next Sox clincher will be at home.) There are a lot of Sox fans at work so there were a lot of happy people in the office today. But, I think I was the happiest!!!:D:

BRDSR
09-29-2005, 10:16 PM
In the bar with 40 other Sox fans on their feet. :cool:

I was with Santo.

Santo, did I meet you? '83 Sox hat on, and I was the one stupid enough to wear a leather jacket to the bar. I was kind of near the back of the big congregation of bar stools. That was fun.

mike squires
09-29-2005, 10:42 PM
I was with Santo.

Santo, did I meet you? '83 Sox hat on, and I was the one stupid enough to wear a leather jacket to the bar. I was kind of near the back of the big congregation of bar stools. That was fun.

Champaign get together???!!! How come I didn't hear about this? Did I miss a post?:angry:

mike squires
09-29-2005, 10:44 PM
I started making scarambled eggs right before the bottom of the 9th. My little girl doesn't always eat when she is supposed to, so when she said she wanted some I rushed in to make them. I was taking them out of the pan when Crede made his error. I had Brooklynne in my arms and we were cheering them on for the final out. Glad I got to share it with her.

soxfan26
09-29-2005, 10:48 PM
I was home with my wife & 5-1/2 month old daughter watching the game on ESPN. :hug:

BRDSR
09-29-2005, 10:49 PM
Champaign get together???!!! How come I didn't hear about this? Did I miss a post?:angry:

We were at Legends on Green. I don't know if there was a post, I found out about it through an email. I think Legends will be the venue of choice through the playoffs.

mcp5185
09-29-2005, 10:58 PM
I was at work. During my break at one i checked one my phon to find out we were winning 3-0. About an hour later I got a text message from my brother informing of the good news!

ElDuque26
09-29-2005, 11:05 PM
this might sound crazy but i was in my high schools english office watching with a few teachers and friends...that catch by PK: hysteria in the office

TDog
09-29-2005, 11:16 PM
I was in an Alaska courtroom listening to the state medical examiner graphically detail the cause of death in a 2000 murder.

The first thing I did when I got back to the office was search out the score of today's game.

peeonwrigley
09-29-2005, 11:18 PM
Was watching in a computer lab on campus on mlb.tv - for whatever reason it was not blacked out. I'll take it.

At least 5 other people were doing the same thing as me, too... mostly on gamecast or whatever... I knew first b/c despite the delay I had the WSI Gamethread up.

Hagan
09-30-2005, 12:18 AM
I was in my living room eating a mexican pizza

chidonez
09-30-2005, 12:23 AM
Sitting in my new used corderoy arm chair getting the scoop from chat while watching the the lagging MLB.tv netcast. Comfy...

This would be the point where I say that miss Chicago terribly and wished that I had seen the game at Rossi's Tavern at State and Hubbard.

Brian26
09-30-2005, 12:25 AM
In the 4th row at Comerica Park, right behind home plate.

BRDSR
09-30-2005, 12:45 AM
In the 4th row at Comerica Park, right behind home plate.

Show off

SouthSide_HitMen
09-30-2005, 12:54 AM
I was behind the Sox dugout with 200 crazy White Sox fans going nuts when Konerko snagged the final out. Jerry and Kenny came down and sat behind the dugout with us the final inning (so they could go on the field). When Joe dropped the ball Jerry grabbed his hair and lowered his head in shock / fear. All was OK shortly thereafter. Kenny Williams was high fiving everyone and Jerry was too / shaking everyones hands. Kenny went to the field about a minute later to greet / congratulate each and every White Sox player. Jerry made his way to the field soon after and hugged Ozzie.

White Sox Army was out in force today and everyone had a great time.

Glad many of you were able to catch it as well.

Go White Sox!!!

Brian26
09-30-2005, 01:01 AM
I was behind the Sox dugout with 200 crazy White Sox fans going nuts when Konerko snagged the final out. Jerry and Kenny came down and sat behind the dugout with us the final inning (so they could go on the field).

You know what's sort of sad- Eddie Einhorn was there too...and nobody really knew who he was. At one point, he put his fist in the air when he was looking at the crowd to try to get a big response, and nobody responded. It was good to see him there though...glad he's healthy and everything.

Shoeless Joe
09-30-2005, 01:02 AM
On was on the bus going home listening to Rooney proclaim the Sox champs. I started pumping my fists and grinning like an idiot...great times!

SouthSide_HitMen
09-30-2005, 01:15 AM
You know what's sort of sad- Eddie Einhorn was there too...and nobody really knew who he was. At one point, he put his fist in the air when he was looking at the crowd to try to get a big response, and nobody responded. It was good to see him there though...glad he's healthy and everything.

Actually I noticed him on the field. I was never a big fan of the "Sunshine Boys" but Jerry has grown on me over the years and I am glad I was able to shake his hand and congratulate him after the game. Kenny was on Cloud 9 - He went through hell this month with the idiotic press.

Eddie has been in hiding for a long time - much to do with his illness recently - and I am glad he was on hand as well to enjoy the celebration. Einhorn looks very different from when he first came to Chicago. Jerry has looked the same for 25 years and is the public face of the White Sox partners so I think that is why everyone recognized him.

Glad you were able to go to the game as well - it was my first clincher.

LaHerdiaGrande35
09-30-2005, 06:42 AM
I watched from about the 5th inning to the 7th on this crappy TV in my schools lunchroom, but luckily I had the game recorded, as well as the post game so I got to see the final out and the celebration when I got home.

Kuzman
09-30-2005, 07:22 AM
Getting a promotion when the clinched. :angry:

Stupid boss taking away from personal happy times!!

starboy0
09-30-2005, 07:31 AM
I was in our school's auditorium. It was a half day for students so the faculty was having a meeting. I had my earphone plug discreetly placed in one ear. All the sox fan teachers were sitting by me. When Konerko caught the final out I couldn't help but blurt out, "Sox win! Sox win." Many people started cheering. Someone said, "throw the guy out." Must have been a Cub fan. I apologized to the speaker then just sat in a warm joyful glow!

eriqjaffe
09-30-2005, 08:02 AM
I was sitting at my desk here at work with the radio on.

Needless to say, I didn't get much work done the rest of the day.

I made sure to tape the CSN replay at 2am, so I can actually watch the game, too.

chisoxfan83
09-30-2005, 08:03 AM
Two rows behind the sox dugout :) with Jerry Reinsdorf and Kenny Williams they sat with all the fans in the detroit for last inning!!!

MsSoxVixen22
09-30-2005, 08:15 AM
I was at work.....listening to Rooney And Farmio on the radio. When they won I was clapping and cheering! I let out a loud **** when Joe dropped that ball! LOL, when I left work, one of the other Sox fans here, high fived me as I walked by! Awesome! I'll never forget it! :D: :bandance: :gulp:

hose
09-30-2005, 08:18 AM
I was sitting in section 126 row 6 seat 9. which is right behind home plate:bandance:

That liner to Konerko had me on the edge of my seat.

Pulaski
09-30-2005, 08:33 AM
Section 149, Row D.

I just missed PK's homer, but a buddy got it and gave it to a young Sox fan.

Harry Chappas
09-30-2005, 10:26 AM
I work for the family business. My Dad and I snuck out for a "meeting" to catch the game at a local restaurant/bar in the Glenview. It was awesome being able to celebrate with my Dad who is a life-long Sox fan closing in on 70. You never know how many more of those moments you have, so you learn to appreciate them. If the Sox win it all, it'll be among the happiest days of my life, made all the sweeter because my Dad will get to enjoy it with me.

BigHurt359300
09-30-2005, 10:58 AM
at skool watching the game on gameday in history

slobes
09-30-2005, 01:03 PM
In the computer lab at school, blowing off a physics lab to watch gameday.

alohafri
09-30-2005, 01:11 PM
I was in my team office, listening to the Rooney/Farmio call...holding my breath, until I broke out into an Irish jig...much to the dismay of my colleagues.

brucefan34
09-30-2005, 02:17 PM
On the toilet watching the TV in the kitchen...if ya gotta go, ya gotta go!!!

chiwhitesox035
09-30-2005, 02:35 PM
I got out of class just in time and heard the final out on the radio...honked my horn all the way out of the parking lot and down the road..some others even joined in..it was great.

hold2dibber
09-30-2005, 02:45 PM
Blackie's on the corner of Canal and Monroe.

Realist
09-30-2005, 02:48 PM
On the toilet watching the TV in the kitchen...if ya gotta go, ya gotta go!!!

I know indoor plumbing is relatively new to you Hoosiers, but I don't think the toilet is supposed to be in the kitchen. :redneck

cheeses_h_rice
09-30-2005, 02:50 PM
About 10 rows behind the White Sox dugout...

:)

Layla
09-30-2005, 03:32 PM
About 10 rows behind the White Sox dugout...

:)

Now's that the place to be.

I had just come home from work, turned on the TV to catch the top of the ninth.:bandance:

(and yep, I was dancing like the bannana).

IowaHawksFan1
09-30-2005, 05:26 PM
I was in Miller Park watching the Brewers game (well...actually not watching it too much...as I was celebrating with several other of my Sox fan friends). Interesting side note...Some of the US Cellular Concessioneers were working the upper deck of the Brewer game...that was interesting to see...I talked with several of them for a bit...I hope to get off work and make it to Chicago for a couple playoff games...

chisoxfan4life
09-30-2005, 05:28 PM
Front row behind the White Sox dugout, screaming my ass off. I could hear the pop of Pauly's glove when he caught the last out. What an experience yesterday was, something I will never forget.

Blancos Medias
09-30-2005, 08:20 PM
I was at Midway, waiting for my flight to Atlanta. On the phone with my wife getting a play by play. I did my part by telling everyone around me what was happening, and announced it to the crowd when it was over.

Way to go, Sox!! And Carl came through when it counted. I'm glad, I did ride him some when he was struggling, and I'm man enough to say it when he does good.

So I'm in Atlanta for the next week or so. I won't get to see any of the games against the Indians. So I hope they sweep the Indians anyway.

GO SOX!!

skobabe8
09-30-2005, 08:24 PM
Now's that the place to be.

I had just come home from work, turned on the TV to catch the top of the ninth.:bandance:

(and yep, I was dancing like the bannana).

What about 6 rows behind the White Sox dugout? :) :)

whitesoxfandj
09-30-2005, 09:53 PM
I was in class. My uber cool teacher Mr. Kramer stopped class so we could watch the bottom of the ninth. After that, it was back to a video about the aftermath of the invasion of iraq

SoxFanTillDeath
09-30-2005, 11:45 PM
I was at my job watching the big screen TV with all my coworkers...I work in a TV/Radio studio and I watched the whole game, start to finish. Dang, I don't think I got any work done that day...

elrod
10-01-2005, 12:03 AM
Home with my sons watching the game. He said, "What are they pouring on their heads?" I said, "Champagne. It's a grown-up drink but it fizzles and people like to spray it around when they're really happy. Kinda like you like to do with shaving cream in pre-school." Then he said, "But why are they drinking it too? I don't drink the shaving cream." Sometimes there is no answer for a 3-year old. We'll be going go to the rally on Monday, though.

LuvSox
10-01-2005, 12:15 AM
I know indoor plumbing is relatively new to you Hoosiers, but I don't think the toilet is supposed to be in the kitchen. :redneck
:kneeslap:

I was at work. This is a no ****ter, I had to wake up another so called Sox fan so he would see the ninth inning. The Bandwagon is alive and well.

White_Sock
10-01-2005, 12:43 AM
In my school's libraray watching on mlb.tv during a break. Then shortly after having a celebratory beer before class at the campus pub. :gulp:

johnny bench
10-01-2005, 08:09 AM
On yet another conference call, but actually paying attention to the game cast on ESPN. Didn't hit the mute button fast enough after the last out, so I caught a little grief from the boss.

zach074
10-01-2005, 08:18 AM
Listning to the game in chemistry class. Never try and pay attention to a sox game and deal with chemicals at the same time.

cubhater
10-01-2005, 08:43 AM
Right behind the Sox dugout!

hsnterprize
10-01-2005, 08:51 AM
I was in my living room watching th efinal out with my wife and 10-month-old son. Funny thing is...a few minutes earlier, my wife asked me to go to the store for her. I told her, "The Sox are 4 outs away from winning the division...I want to see them clinch." She gave me a funny look, but she said, "Okay". Once Paulie caught that line drive, we both raised our fists and yelled, "YES!!!!!"

I watched about 20 minutes of post-game celebration on various channels before I finally left the house. Then, I listened to Brian Dolgin and the rest of the ESPN 1000 crew while I was out. Sweet...just sweet!!!!!!

Rooney4Prez56
10-01-2005, 09:04 AM
I snuck a radio into my math and spanish class. I turned it off for the bottom of the ninth because I had to take a spanish test, but I turned it on just in time to here John conlude the broadcast proclaiming the Sox the chapions.

I snuck one into my english class and listened to it all the way home on the bus. I jumped up and yelled when the sox won, and the bus driver told me to sit down.

DenverSock
10-02-2005, 07:42 PM
At home, in my basement, on the couch, watching the game. As they clinched, I called my wife and sang: "Na-na-na-na...." :bandance: :supernana:

ChiSoxPatF
10-02-2005, 07:48 PM
Listening to the radio on my computer screaming at the top of my lungs to the annoyance of everyone in my building.

docdomina
10-02-2005, 08:58 PM
I was in ESPN Zone being interviewed as a fan by NBC5 Chicago. The reporter asked me if I was worried about "choking." It felt good to answer to the world, with a mic at my mouth and the camera lights in my eyes...."Choke? No that's a North Side and Cub phenomenom!":tongue:

Ol' No. 2
10-02-2005, 09:28 PM
In my office following it on Gameday and playing "Let's Go Go Go White Sox".

TheRedStapler
10-02-2005, 09:50 PM
Talk about the happiest of happy days... My wife was giving birth to our Second son. White Sox Army just got bigger!

Church Turtle
10-03-2005, 01:10 PM
I was chatting on wsi!!

ode to veeck
10-03-2005, 01:17 PM
I was playing in a tennis tournament and had to re-watch on Tivo later. After a long weekend of tennis we lost in the finals yesterday in a 3 hour, 3 set match that went down to the third set tiebreaker. I am sure the Sox will do better than we did and bring home the trophy. Our 2nd place prize $10 gift certificate, covered the entry fee so we broke even.

Stroker Ace
10-03-2005, 02:59 PM
Sitting in my dorm room laughing at my roomate who said we were going to choke. Then my music class was cancelled and I continued my celebration.:gulp:

boiler up
10-03-2005, 03:00 PM
just walked in the door from work

urbanhack
10-03-2005, 03:13 PM
Vegas, baby.

Shafe72
10-03-2005, 03:21 PM
I'm a grad student at Boston University and I'm interning at a local high school, where I share on office with Theo Epstein's twin brother. I was in the office watching the ESPN gamecast when Paulie gloved the final out against the Tigers.

Theo's brother had left for the day, and after I finished jumping up and down, I looked at a picture that he had taken of Theo holding the World Series trophy...I couldn't help thinking how nice it will look when Kenny is holding that trophy.

DoubleO
10-03-2005, 03:53 PM
At my desk listening to it on the radio!

After they won, it was hard to concentrate.

Way too much excitement!

Muopsies
10-03-2005, 09:52 PM
Myself and my friend Joe Sum, transplanted Sox fans here in San Jose, CA, took a long lunch and went to the bar across the street to watch the festivities. That next night we celebrated with plenty of champagne and Cub hating.

Etownsox13
10-03-2005, 11:02 PM
Moving big heavy wet sections of astroturf into our batting cage at our field at my college while my teamates Ozzie and Oni Guillen were in the locker room drinking champaigne...I'm not gonna forget that

Palehose1
10-03-2005, 11:55 PM
At my desk watching it on CBS Sportsline. I too had a very unproductive afternoon at work.

Hurryin Hoosier
10-04-2005, 01:19 AM
I was in the library before class, watching the game on mlb.tv. Needless to say, I didn't quite make it to class. I don't quite remember how the night ended.:gulp:

sox230
10-04-2005, 02:56 AM
Skipping classes and in Detroit front row! Doesn't get better than that.