PDA

View Full Version : KW on PTI right now!

santo=dorf
09-29-2005, 05:42 PM
Tune in

KW can't believe how much bashing a96 win team has gotten, and gave a lot of praise to the Indians. He also commented on the terrot card readers on Cold Pizza today. :rolling:

Unregistered
09-29-2005, 05:50 PM
:KW

"Put us down for the first World Series Victory since 1917."

KW, you bold bastard! :D:

ilsox7
09-29-2005, 05:51 PM

I am sure he's had a few bottles of bubbly. But HELL YEA!!!

CLR01
09-29-2005, 05:52 PM

He didn't say that did he? God, that can't be good.

halfpricemonday
09-29-2005, 05:53 PM
He's sporting the AL Central Champions t-shirt.

Says (jokingly of course) that Ozzie is "lying" when he said that he didn't feel the pressure when the lead went down as small as it did.

Laughs at the Cold Pizza tarot card readers and thinks we have a shot at the WS (in response to a question if we're the favorites for the title).

"Put us down for it." (When asked if they should put the Sox down for the WS title...don't panic, this wasn't a Joe Namath-style guarantee.)

downstairs
09-29-2005, 05:54 PM

Forget that. Everyone should have that attitude.

We're not happy to be here, we're here for one reason and one reason only.

Why not just be straight about it?

ja1022
09-29-2005, 05:54 PM

Why?

Optipessimism
09-29-2005, 05:59 PM

I don't know about that, because you never can tell how a jinx works. Sometimes when you say something that you normally wouldn't say, the exact opposite happens and you end up jinxed. But, sometimes you can intentionally jinx yourself expecting a negative outcome but you get a positive instead.

In short, it doesn't matter because these 2005 AL Central Champs don't believe in jinxes.

DSpivack
09-29-2005, 06:05 PM
I don't know about that, because you never can tell how a jinx works. Sometimes when you say something that you normally wouldn't say, the exact opposite happens and you end up jinxed. But, sometimes you can intentionally jinx yourself expecting a negative outcome but you get a positive instead.

In short, it doesn't matter because these 2005 AL Central Champs don't believe in jinxes.

It wasn't some overconfident Joe Namath type of deal, it was more like the two of them asking Kenny if they can put him down for a title this year. He said something to the effect of sure, why not. You should go into every game, every series, every playoffs expecting to win.

MarySwiss
09-29-2005, 06:18 PM
It wasn't some overconfident Joe Namath type of deal, it was more like the two of them asking Kenny if they can put him down for a title this year. He said something to the effect of sure, why not. You should go into every game, every series, every playoffs expecting to win.

Yep, that's exactly how it went. I thought it was cool that he didn't come up with some evasive PC answer.

BTW, just in case anyone is starting to think warm and cuddly thoughts about ESPN, there was an earlier segment on PTI in which one of the guys whose name I don't know (I try to avoid watching) said he was from Chicago and although he was a Cubs fan, he was hoping the Sox would win it. He then went on to say something to the effect that you had to give the edge to (guess who!) the Yanks and BoSox because they had the postseason experience.

I also watched Around the Horn just before, but I probably don't need to run that down. It was the usual Mariotti blather.

Nellie_Fox
09-29-2005, 06:38 PM
...there was an earlier segment on PTI in which one of the guys whose name I don't know (I try to avoid watching) said he was from Chicago and although he was a Cubs fan, he was hoping the Sox would win it. He then went on to say something to the effect that you had to give the edge to (guess who!) the Yanks and BoSox because they had the postseason experience. That would be southside Cub fan Mike Wilbon.

MarySwiss
09-29-2005, 06:43 PM
That would be southside Cub fan Mike Wilbon.

Yep. That was the name. I thought it was great that he said he was happy about the Sox winning. Too bad he felt he had to give the edge to the Yanks and Bosox in the playoffs. But hell, it's ESPN.

Daver
09-29-2005, 06:53 PM

Worked for Joe Namath.

Hokiesox
09-29-2005, 07:10 PM

"Jinx" belongs on the North Side.