PDA

View Full Version : Has it been said who starts game 1?

Iguana775
09-29-2005, 05:08 PM
I say Contreras. He's been amazing the second half. Plus, Burly is pitching tomorrow and I assume that Garland and Mac are on the weekend. Unless Ozzie is going to pitch a fill in.

HotelWhiteSox
09-29-2005, 05:10 PM
It's gotta be Contreras. In one of Ozzie's interviews, he seems to know about Garcia's success on the road/day, so he may save him for Game 3 or if a road/day game coincide.

I would guess:
1 - Jose
2 - Buehrle
3 - Garland
4 - Garcia if necessary
5 - Jose if necessary

and probably BMac in the bullpen

Cubsuck_a_lot
09-29-2005, 05:11 PM
i dont think anything officail was announced, but i think it's safe to assume it's Jose.

Optipessimism
09-29-2005, 06:01 PM
It's gotta be Contreras. In one of Ozzie's interviews, he seems to know about Garcia's success on the road/day, so he may save him for Game 3 or if a road/day game coincide.

I would guess:
1 - Jose
2 - Buehrle
3 - Garland
4 - Garcia if necessary
5 - Jose if necessary

and probably BMac in the bullpen

That's the way I see it too. I'm guessing El Duque is going to be the extra inning emergency/blowout guy.

Ol' No. 2
09-29-2005, 06:05 PM

I would guess:
1 - Jose
2 - Buehrle
3 - Garland
4 - Garcia if necessary
5 - Jose if necessary

and probably BMac in the bullpenProbably. Could be Garcia in game 3 and Garland in game 4. The better question is who's the odd man out in the pen. They'll probably take 7 relievers:

Hernandez
McCarthy
Politte
Cotts
Hermanson
Jenks
Marte
Vizcaino

That's eight. Somebody watches.

Gavin
09-29-2005, 06:08 PM
Vizcaino is expendable.

downstairs
09-29-2005, 06:12 PM
Ozzie says Jose.

I assume what he says goes...

Wow... whodathunk that during the 1st half we'd be debating between Mark and Garland for Cy Young... then a few months later, Jose and Brandon would be our top guys?

kravdog
09-29-2005, 06:46 PM
Vizcaino is expendable.

i'm pretty sure its marte who will be watching....if viz gets work all three days this weekend, he could be very useful in oct.

Crede_Fan
09-29-2005, 06:50 PM
I think it should be Jose in game 1 also.

I think El Duque gets a start in Cleveland to see if he's ready to go. Anyone else agree?

Mickster
09-29-2005, 06:52 PM
KW was on MJH after the game and mentioned that Jose was in fact starting game 1 on Tuesday.

ChiSoxPatF
09-29-2005, 06:53 PM
I thought it would be a cold day in hell before I ever said this, but it has to be Jose. He's the only one that kept us afloat for awhile and it will be his normal spot in the rotation.

Gavin
09-29-2005, 07:13 PM
With the way Ozzie rolls, I highly doubt he'd be going into the post-season with one lefty in the pen.

i'm pretty sure its marte who will be watching....if viz gets work all three days this weekend, he could be very useful in oct.

RowanDye
09-29-2005, 07:22 PM
El Duque should get a chance to prove him self in Cleveland. If he blows, he gone. If he steps it up, then I would have to say Vizcaino. Brandon has shown he can come in relief and shut it down, I like him a lot better as a mop-up guy/emergency starter than Luis Vizcaino.

ChiSoxGirl
09-29-2005, 11:09 PM
According to LeVineLine, who was on with Jeff Dickerson and Mongo McMichael tonight, Jose Contreras has been named the Game 1 starter.