PDA

View Full Version : 3-Hole for the Playoffs

antitwins13
09-29-2005, 03:24 PM
I like JD in the three hole for the playoffs, but CC is getting Red Hot ,so what do you guys think about this? JD in the 3 or move CC back to where he used to be.

hawkjt
09-29-2005, 04:17 PM
Carl goes back to 3. That allows JD to slide back to 6 and pushes Arow down.

Pods
Gooch
Carl
Pk
AJ
JD
Arow
JoltingJoe
Juan

Back to the future. Now everybody hit-please!!!!

Ol' No. 2
09-29-2005, 04:20 PM
I didn't see today's game, but yesterday's triple was on the changeup that he's been whiffing on all year long. If he can take that pitch away from opposing pitchers, he's going to be a very tough out. Move him back to #3 this weekend and see what he does. If he continues to be able to handle that pitch, make it permanent for the playoffs.

ilsox7
09-29-2005, 04:21 PM
Let's talk about this Monday when everyone is sober. :D:

Optipessimism
09-29-2005, 04:52 PM
We'll see how Carl does in the Cleveland series, but if he continues to get the big hit he definately goes back to the 3 hole. I pretty much agree with your lineup except for the AJ spot, who I think needs to be much lower. I'd do:

Podsednik LF
Iguchi 2B
Everett DH
Konerko 1B
Dye RF
Crede 3B
Uribe SS
Pierzynski C
Rowand CF

or something like that. But, I think your lineup will be the one that we see in the playoffs.

tstrike2000
09-29-2005, 04:55 PM
I didn't see today's game, but yesterday's triple was on the changeup that he's been whiffing on all year long. If he can take that pitch away from opposing pitchers, he's going to be a very tough out. Move him back to #3 this weekend and see what he does. If he continues to be able to handle that pitch, make it permanent for the playoffs.

Excellent point #2. If CC can come lay off or drive the off speed pitch that adds another dynamic we lost during our offensive slump. Plus if Pods remains healthy and has that spark back, base stealing will really open things back up again. I also like the point about maybe putting JD back at 5 to move Rowand back down a slot.

Ol' No. 2
09-29-2005, 04:59 PM
Excellent point #2. If CC can come lay off or drive the off speed pitch that adds another dynamic we lost during our offensive slump. Plus if Pods remains healthy and has that spark back, base stealing will really open things back up again. I also like the point about maybe putting JD back at 5 to move Rowand back down a slot.An effective Carl Everett in the #3 spot will have repercussions for Podsednik and Iguchi, too. I imagine Tadahito hasn't been seeing many good pitches while Carl was hitting below the Mendoza line.