PDA

View Full Version : When will the playoff schedule be set?

Vince
09-29-2005, 04:19 PM
I've got a couple tix to home game one and I was just wondering, when will we know what day game one is on?

anewman35
09-29-2005, 04:20 PM
I've got a couple tix to home game one and I was just wondering, when will we know what day game one is on?

Game 1 is Tuesday. The time probably won't be determined until the weekend (or maybe even Monday)

HotelWhiteSox
09-29-2005, 04:22 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ticketing/postseason/onsale.jsp#alds_schedule

SaltyPretzel
09-29-2005, 04:27 PM
I think the times would be announced on Sunday night.

Vince
09-29-2005, 04:45 PM
There are two possible schedules for the Division Series. If the White Sox win the American League Central and have the best or second best record among the three A.L. Division winners, the White Sox will have the home field advantage. If the White Sox are the Wild Card Team or have the third best record among the Division winners, the opponent will have the home field advantage.

OK, so it has to be Tuesday, right? Since the Angels are 91-67, and the Sox 96-63, even if the Sox lose all 3 remaining games and the Angels win their remaining 4 games, the Sox will still have a better record than the Angels. Thus the Sox are garuanteed at least the 2nd best record among the AL division winners.

DSpivack
09-29-2005, 04:53 PM
OK, so it has to be Tuesday, right? Since the Angels are 91-67, and the Sox 96-63, even if the Sox lose all 3 remaining games and the Angels win their remaining 4 games, the Sox will still have a better record than the Angels. Thus the Sox are garuanteed at least the 2nd best record among the AL division winners.

It depends on who wins the Wild Card. If it's Cleveland, then the Sox will play Anaheim. If it's New York or Boston, they'll play New York or Boston.

anewman35
09-29-2005, 05:02 PM
OK, so it has to be Tuesday, right?

Yes, it's Tuesday for sure. According to the Angels site, both series start on Tuesday.

Foulke You
09-29-2005, 05:20 PM
I hope it is at 7PM but I'm figuring the only way that happens is if we play NY or Boston.

VenturaFan23
09-29-2005, 05:21 PM
Man I hope we play at night. Would suck for people who have to work, like me. If we end up playing the Yankees, we'll definitely play at night though.