PDA

View Full Version : If SOX clinch Today, Anyone still going to Cleveland?

Hangar18
09-29-2005, 02:46 PM
Just curious .......

robin23
09-29-2005, 08:51 PM
Hangar, our group will still be at the Jake on Saturday and Sunday. I mean, we already bought the tickets, and it's not *that* long a drive - why the heck not?

Now, the question is.... what should my sign say?! :D:

R

SoxandtheCityTee
09-29-2005, 08:58 PM
Flying tomorrow night, will be at Saturday's game for sure, Sunday a possibility.

havelj
09-29-2005, 09:04 PM
I wish I was on that damn' team party bus and hotel bar. Think about it - it's so much better for the players to be able to party on the road AND away from godforsaken Detroit AND on a bus.

If they were at home, they'd have to go home to families. This way they clinch and then they get to get on a bus for a party ride; how often does this happen in sports?

Damn I wish I was on that bus.

:gulp:

whitesoxwilkes
09-29-2005, 09:20 PM
Flying tomorrow night, will be at Saturday's game for sure, Sunday a possibility.

Flying tomorrow night as well. (7:45 Continental flight out of ORD if anyone wants to send me off) Will be at Saturday and Sunday for sure, back Sunday night.

If anyone (and I know the ranks have dwindled since we clinched today) wants to meet up, PM me.

Brian26
09-30-2005, 01:32 AM
Think about it - it's so much better for the players to be able to party on the road AND away from godforsaken Detroit AND on a bus.

Even though people told me, I never really grasped what a complete and utter dump that entire sad city is until I saw it for myself Wednesday and Thursday. It's just a very sad place.

C-Dawg
09-30-2005, 06:58 AM
I'll be there, just Saturday however. Leaving in the wee hours Saturday morning! Look for me, I'll be wearing the 1983 jersey and seated way back in the RF corner, like 116 or 117 or something.

When I got these tickets, I figured the division would be long-since locked up. Suddenly these looked to be crucial games; wow was I ever glad I had the tickets!

C-Dawg
09-30-2005, 07:09 AM
If anyone (and I know the ranks have dwindled since we clinched today) wants to meet up, PM me.

Any idea if the Jake has a convenient meeting place for all WSI'ers to find easily? (sort of like when we use the Comiskey statue for meets at the Cell)

Its my first time there.

TomBradley72
09-30-2005, 07:17 AM
Down the left field line there's a "concourse" where alot of people just hang out...right by the foul pole. :gulp:

LaHerdiaGrande35
09-30-2005, 07:36 AM
We should see a lot of fans out there. This thing isn't over yet because the Sox still need wins to get home field advantage throughout the playoffs, so whoever can make it go to the game and root on the Sox.