PDA

View Full Version : Daver's guy Nardi talks

Jerry_Manuel
12-06-2001, 08:53 PM
He had a chat and here is what he had to say (http://whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news_story.jsp?article_id=cws_20011204_contrer as_news&team_id=cws)

I found these interesting:
MJMSOX: Nardi - Great job with such a young and inexperienced staff! First, how is the health of the guys coming off injuries? And what is the starting rotation going to look like?
NARDI CONTRERAS: As of today, they have come along really well. Antonio Osuna is on the mound already and he threw 50 pitches today off a mound at our mini-camp. Jim Parque is showing a lot of arm strength. He's getting closer. And Lorenzo Barcelo and Kelly Wunsch are coming along very well. Osuna is ahead of everybody. As far as the rotation, we're probably going to stay young. Unless a trade is made, Mark Buehrle will be our No. 1 guy. Garland will be in there, Parque will be in there, and we've got Kip Wells, Dan Wright, Gary Glover and Lorenzo Barcelo in the running too. We'll also have to see who comes along from the minor leagues.

SoxFanNY: Can Rocky Biddle get it together in 2002 and be a consistent member of the rotation? He's a great individual.
NC: Right now, Rocky is still working on getting himself prepared. He still hasn't thrown since his surgery at the end of the season. I don't know exactly when he will start throwing. But he needs to get well first, before we can say where he will be able to pitch in 2002.

Norm22: Assuming that he's healthy, do think that Jim Parque will be in the rotation or the bullpen in 2002?
NC: If Jim Parque is healthy, he will be in our rotation. In 2000, he won 13 games for us and in part of that season, his arm was bothering him and he didn't say anything about it. So I think he's capable of winning 15 or 20 games as a starter. I'd say we'll give him every chance to do just that. He's working real hard to get healthy and I know he wants to have a big season in 2002.

WinningUgly!
12-06-2001, 09:19 PM
NC: If Jim Parque is healthy, he will be in our rotation. In 2000, he won 13 games for us and in part of that season, his arm was bothering him and he didn't say anything about it. So I think he's capable of winning 15 or 20 games as a starter. I'd say we'll give him every chance to do just that. He's working real hard to get healthy and I know he wants to have a big season in 2002.

Parque's capable of winning 15-20 games? Maybe over a 3 year span.

nut_stock
12-06-2001, 09:29 PM
maybe he was basing that on the fact that in 2000 Parque got outstanding run support.

CubKilla
12-06-2001, 09:31 PM
I guess Nardi doesn't plan on David Wells being in the Sox rotation next year. And I am jacked that Osuna is showing the most progress. And Jim Parque winning 15-20 games next year? Only if Nardi quits and Jerry Manuel lobbies for a pitching coach with no history of labrum problems with his staff. Once again, history seems to be repeating itself on the Southside.

Daver
12-06-2001, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
He had a chat and here is what he had to say (http://whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news_story.jsp?article_id=cws_20011204_contrer as_news&team_id=cws)

I found these interesting:
MJMSOX: Nardi - Great job with such a young and inexperienced staff! First, how is the health of the guys coming off injuries? And what is the starting rotation going to look like?
NARDI CONTRERAS: As of today, they have come along really well. Antonio Osuna is on the mound already and he threw 50 pitches today off a mound at our mini-camp. Jim Parque is showing a lot of arm strength. He's getting closer. And Lorenzo Barcelo and Kelly Wunsch are coming along very well. Osuna is ahead of everybody. As far as the rotation, we're probably going to stay young. Unless a trade is made, Mark Buehrle will be our No. 1 guy. Garland will be in there, Parque will be in there, and we've got Kip Wells, Dan Wright, Gary Glover and Lorenzo Barcelo in the running too. We'll also have to see who comes along from the minor leagues.

SoxFanNY: Can Rocky Biddle get it together in 2002 and be a consistent member of the rotation? He's a great individual.
NC: Right now, Rocky is still working on getting himself prepared. He still hasn't thrown since his surgery at the end of the season. I don't know exactly when he will start throwing. But he needs to get well first, before we can say where he will be able to pitch in 2002.

Norm22: Assuming that he's healthy, do think that Jim Parque will be in the rotation or the bullpen in 2002?

What he is really saying "I killed all these arms by making them pitch after forcing them into my regiment,even though it has been proven that my regiment sucks and is unfit for a Major League pitching staff that would stay healthy if not for my pressuring them into pitching my way or it's the highway.After all I started eight games on the big league level."

Nardi is the problem.

But then again what the hell do I know?

Iguana775
12-07-2001, 08:58 AM
i thought :jerry already said that butter will be in the pen??

i think they need to get on the same page.

Jerry_Manuel
12-07-2001, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Iguana775
i thought Manuel already said that butter will be in the pen??

i think they need to get on the same page.

They are on the same page. Manuel said he was thinking of throwing Jim in the pen. When the Sox had a mini camp for their injured players awhile back Manuel said Parque was going to be in the rotation.

RedPinStripes
12-07-2001, 03:36 PM
Manuel turns the page once a week. I can't remember how many times he said one thing and did another. I never believe a word out of his mouth because he always changes his mind.

Jerry_Manuel
12-07-2001, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Manuel turns the page once a week. I can't remember how many times he said one thing and did another. I never believe a word out of his mouth because he always changes his mind.

True, but Nardi is saying it to. I expect Parque to be in the rotation.