PDA

View Full Version : Was this the Card up Ozzie's Sleeve???!

gosox83
09-29-2005, 11:26 AM
If you have been watching White Sox baseball all summer you will know that back when we had an enormous lead and the subject would come up about teams becoming flat because they win their division so early Hawk would say, "D.J. , I think Ozzie's got a little something up his sleeve to prevent that from happening"

Every third game of the series he would put the whole bench in and almost give the game away.

Now it has tightened up a bit and the Sox are anything but comfortable, and have to pour it on (which they are), so maybe they will go into the playoffs more ready.

I am not saying Ozzie was throwing games, I am just saying that he may have become a little more relaxed thinking even if the tribe comes back they are not gonna come all the way back and it might be good for us if they make it a little tight. I don't think he had this close in mind thought.

Just some thoughts.......I could be WAY off.

I really want them to clinch the division, I just wished they could have done it at home.

GO WHITE SOX!!!!

cleanwsox
09-29-2005, 11:31 AM
There is no way Ozzie could count on the Jndjans winning at the pace they were, and I think he definitely felt the pressure last week when the lead was at 1 and 1/2 games. Although, I have to admit, I like the fact that the Sox have had to play meaningful baseball here at the end. The last three games in Cleveland should be a nice atmosphere as well since all games are sold out. Although, it looks like every team in the AL has not been able to coast here this final month.

bennyw41
09-29-2005, 11:32 AM
Way off.

Clembasbal
09-29-2005, 11:35 AM
Agreed...WAY OFF. Though it makes for a nice theory...there is no way this is happening. He is getting players rested to be ready for this run.

Fungo
09-29-2005, 11:35 AM
I think you're giving Ozzie way too much credit.

shaunburnette
09-29-2005, 11:38 AM
I think this team is better prepared for playoff baseball after going through the rough month of September. If they had never faltered, and had it on cruise controll, they would not be used to having to fight hard for wins and have to win the division.

It may have been stressful on the fans, but I don't think this years playoffs and the position the White Sox are sitting in could be any better. Now if either Boston or NY will not be part of the playoffs, that could even be better IMO.

batmanZoSo
09-29-2005, 11:50 AM
There is no way Ozzie could count on the Jndjans winning at the pace they were, and I think he definitely felt the pressure last week when the lead was at 1 and 1/2 games. Although, I have to admit, I like the fact that the Sox have had to play meaningful baseball here at the end. The last three games in Cleveland should be a nice atmosphere as well since all games are sold out. Although, it looks like every team in the AL has not been able to coast here this final month.

Ozzie sure kept this team loose during the big "slide." I never sensed that they were tense over the possibility of blowing a huge lead.

The Indians just went on an ungodly tear. They would catch any team--and I mean any team--that isn't the 2001 Mariners or the 1998 Yankees. But it looks like too little too late.

Get 'er done. Today.