PDA

View Full Version : Cold Pizza - Astrologers -White Sox will not make playoffs!!

The Dude
09-29-2005, 10:39 AM
Both of these astrologers are on and predict that Cleveland will win the division and the White Sox will LOSE THE WILD CARD!!!!!!!!!!! These women said the White Sox are over confident because they have the Mars card.:o:
And the Red Sox will win the wild card!

This is so absurd it's comical!

voodoochile
09-29-2005, 10:51 AM
Oh goodie more morons...

I love it when these idiots are wrong.

Pure freaking chance when they get it right and the stats bear that out time and time again.

The Mars card? :rolleyes:

:cleo
"No no no... it's because they ate a mars bar and those haven't been made in years. They will get indigestion from eating old candy and fart their way out of the playoffs..."

Baby Fisk
09-29-2005, 10:53 AM
:cleo

"Careful darlin', dey be frauds if you know what I'm sayin'. I'm lookin' at my cards... I'm shufflin', and I'm lookin'... and now I tell you wot is happenin' to your white hose, yes dear? Alright now, da moon is in da seventh house, and looky here darlin': Jupiter is aligned with Mars. Dat's a very good sign! Da white hose will be meeting some Yankees, but be careful because God might send some Angels to intervene. But in de end, you will be huntin' red birds. By da way, can I have your credit card information? I forgot to write it down..."

PaulDrake
09-29-2005, 11:02 AM
The Sox are from Mars and the Cubs are from Venus?

TDog
09-29-2005, 11:05 AM
But what did Nostradamus have to say about the 2005 White Sox?

I'm sure Crazy Carl doesn't believe in astrology either.

On astrology, I would agree with him.

PaulDrake
09-29-2005, 11:13 AM

I'm sure Crazy Carl doesn't believe in astrology either.

On astrology, I would agree with him. You must be a Taurus.

Dick Allen
09-29-2005, 11:28 AM
My question is, how much do these astrologers get paid or how much did ESPN pay them to waste our time?

TommyJohn
09-29-2005, 11:29 AM

From the city of wind they shall come
wearing black, but called white.
They will emerge victorious in the series
of the world.
And the howl of a windsock will sound
loudly through the land.

ssirish317
09-29-2005, 11:42 AM
Were they still spewing this BS today or are you talking about what they said yesterday? I heard them saying this crap yesterday, but after a Sox win and Tribe loss last night I thought all the doubters would have the minimal intelligence required to understand that one more win and the Sox are guarunteed the division. C'mon. Even KC would have good odds to win one game out of four.

The Dude
09-29-2005, 12:41 PM
Were they still spewing this BS today or are you talking about what they said yesterday? I heard them saying this crap yesterday, but after a Sox win and Tribe loss last night I thought all the doubters would have the minimal intelligence required to understand that one more win and the Sox are guarunteed the division. C'mon. Even KC would have good odds to win one game out of four.

This was this morning as I was getting ready for class! The ESPN woman kept telling them, you mean to tell me the White Sox wont even make the wild card? Then they said because the White Sox were too confident, Mars card blah blah, so they wouldnt even make it. One of the astrologer women said that the Indians will win the World Series after winning the division! Funny, funny stuff.

Kogs35
09-29-2005, 01:31 PM
who watches cold pizza?

Banix12
09-29-2005, 01:48 PM
I think it's more that they are wishing the sox don't make it. Basic mathematical analysis dictates though that it is almost impossible to happen though.

Though Paige was the guy yesterday who said that it was possible for the Indians to enter the sox-indians series up 1 game in the standings over the sox. So I think he flunked math anyway.

Also, Bayless has basically admitted that all he wants to see is Red Sox-Yankees and roots against the central teams just so that will happen.

These guys used to be actual professional sportswriters long, long ago, now they just phone it in, do no research, and read whatever opinion is convenient.

When the sox clinch, I wonder how they are going to weasel out of this. My guess is they both just scream, "Big Deal! They'll be gone in the first round!"

itsnotrequired
09-29-2005, 02:44 PM
Looks like these astrologists were wrong. What a surprise.

LongLiveFisk
09-29-2005, 09:22 PM
Well I guess I won't be going to these people for all my psychic needs. :cool:

Chips
09-29-2005, 09:29 PM
who watches cold pizza?

I don't watch it and I don't eat it.

HotelWhiteSox
09-29-2005, 09:31 PM
KW is like us, he listens to this stuff, and referenced to it on his PTI interview, though he didn't specifically say it was no "Cold Pizza", but he could have to expose them for the fools they are

Banix12
09-29-2005, 10:00 PM
Even though I do feel that I would rather one of the east teams win the wild card to eliminate Cleveland, there is a part of me that wants Cleveland to win just because it would so tick off the media guys, like the stooges on cold pizza, who feel that if the yankees and Red Sox are not in the playoffs you should just cancel them.

MarySwiss
09-29-2005, 10:04 PM
From the city of wind they shall come
wearing black, but called white.
They will emerge victorious in the series
of the world.
And the howl of a windsock will sound
loudly through the land.

The mighty Contreras will lead them forth.
And the manchild called Jenks will loom large in battle.
Soon the city of wind will transform.
It will no longer be the town of losers,
but the home of valiant victors.
From that day forth, the team that wears white
will be known as world champions.
And those that doubted will dwell in ignomy.
As they should.

miker
09-30-2005, 11:08 AM
Amazing, these were the same astrologists that Baseball Tonight uses for their expert analysis...

hose
09-30-2005, 12:06 PM
Amazing, these were the same astrologists that Baseball Tonight uses for their expert analysis...

:rolling: