PDA

View Full Version : Grilli Bitter?

NWSox
09-29-2005, 12:07 AM
If this team hadn't turned schizophrenic, I'd have something cocky to say about this article (Linky (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-050928soxbits,1,2359612.story?coll=cs-whitesox-headlines)). Apparently Jason is a little peeved about the way the Sox treated him. I sure hope the Sox knock him around early tomorrow.

Chips
09-29-2005, 12:11 AM
How about the way he treated us with his 2-3 record and 7.40 ERA?

nordhagen
09-29-2005, 12:11 AM
If this team hadn't turned schizophrenic, I'd have something cocky to say about this article (Linky (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-050928soxbits,1,2359612.story?coll=cs-whitesox-headlines)). Apparently Jason is a little peeved about the way the Sox treated him. I sure hope the Sox knock him around early tomorrow.

All this "Tigers' pride" stuff is just silly about how this is their World Series and they're not quitting. Maybe if you played with a little more pride the first 155 games your manager wouldn't be in danger of being fired and you wouldn't be headed to another lousy season.

NWSox
09-29-2005, 12:14 AM
All this "Tigers' pride" stuff is just silly about how this is their World Series and they're not quitting. Maybe if you played with a little more pride the first 155 games your manager wouldn't be in danger of being fired and you wouldn't be headed to another lousy season.

I was thinking the same thing the other day. All these losing teams act like badasses when they knock off a contender and forget about all the nights during the season when they didn't show up.

BarbG
09-29-2005, 12:14 AM
If you read the entire article...I thought Mrs. Crede's name is Lisa. Anna is their other daughter. Which should show how much thought/fact-checking went into this, as usual.

It does make it sound like Grilli's got some sour grapes going on. He can stuff it, he had more than a fair chance last year and blew it. Nobody to blame but himself.

I never trust anything our mediots print so I take it with a grain of salt, regardless, I hope we pound the living crap out of him tomorrow!

schmitty9800
09-29-2005, 12:20 AM
Grilli was brutal last year. I'd say that he was lucky that a club picked him up.

Chips
09-29-2005, 12:21 AM
If you read the entire article...I thought Mrs. Crede's name is Lisa. Anna is their other daughter. Which should show how much thought/fact-checking went into this, as usual.

It does make it sound like Grilli's got some sour grapes going on. He can stuff it, he had more than a fair chance last year and blew it. Nobody to blame but himself.

I never trust anything our mediots print so I take it with a grain of salt, regardless, I hope we pound the living crap out of him tomorrow!

She is Lisa Crede and their daughter is Anna. I couldn't read the article however, because I am not registered.

Banix12
09-29-2005, 12:27 AM
Maybe Grilli being mad is a good thing. Knowing his history of control problems he could get so pumped up that he overthrows and gets wild.

Of course it could be the opposite effect but I think the first scenario is far more likely. I'd be preaching patience to sox hitters tomorrow.

Unregistered
09-29-2005, 12:39 AM
I couldn't read the article however, because I am not registered.Username: Green_456@hotmail.com
Password: password

Merry Christmas, courtesy of BugMeNot.com. :cool:

Chips
09-29-2005, 12:45 AM
Username: Green_456@hotmail.com
Password: password

Merry Christmas, courtesy of BugMeNot.com. :cool:

And a Merry Christmas to you too.

Optipessimism
09-29-2005, 12:54 AM
Hey Jason, you suck. I hope you like to cry, because that's what you'll be doing after we knock you around, clinch, and celebrate with champagne on YOUR home field. Just think, you could have been in beautiful Charlotte, NC as a member of our Triple A team, but instead you decided to play for a Triple A Tigers. Oh well, I hope you're happy.

DumpJerry
09-29-2005, 07:24 AM
When I saw the article my reaction was :?: . This guy did jack for us last year, what did he think he was entitled to this year? Did he tell his mother that he was a Cy Young candidate last year? What was it he did not trust about a minor league contract? That the Sox would pull it out from him?

Viva Medias B's
09-29-2005, 07:29 AM
Hey Jason, you suck. I hope you like to cry, because that's what you'll be doing after we knock you around, clinch, and celebrate with champagne on YOUR home field. Just think, you could have been in beautiful Charlotte, NC as a member of our Triple A team, but instead you decided to play for a Triple A Tigers. Oh well, I hope you're happy.

Of course, here is one more reason it would be awesome to clinch on Detroit's home field:

:maggs

Sad
09-29-2005, 07:33 AM

Detroit rewards mediocrity... just look at the Lions organization :rolling:

bigdommer
09-29-2005, 07:34 AM
Grilli mentioned something about how he could have filed a grievance. Are you allowed to file a grievance because you stink? I gotta go guys, I have to see my lawyer and agent. I am filing a grievance because no MLB club ever gave me a chance and told me that I wasn't as good as the rest of their players.

PennStater98r
09-29-2005, 08:27 AM
Has anyone seen the article that the Cubune decided to run for the last game against Detroit?

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-050928soxbits,1,2359612.story?coll=cs-whitesox-headlines

I guess it's because Grilli is such a big star worth the Cubune's time to interview when there's a playoff race about to begin in Chicago.

hawkjt
09-29-2005, 10:59 AM
Grilli needs to realize that this is the big-boy league. No room for coddling when you have a pennant to win. I hope we tattoo his arse today.

He did have agood outing last week but I like our chances. Goooooo Sox!!!!!!

infohawk
09-29-2005, 11:13 AM
He did have agood outing last week but I like our chances. Goooooo Sox!!!!!!
I wondered about that outing and checked the game stats. Seattle is last in the entire league in hitting and .OBP and they were playing a couple of newbies to boot.

MarySwiss
09-29-2005, 11:18 AM

Yeah, I noticed that. To make it worse, he referred to Mrs. Crede as Anna in yesterday's article as well.

Lip Man 1
09-29-2005, 11:33 AM
Sounds like he was pretty upset.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-050928soxbits,1,2359612.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

Lip

minastirith67
09-29-2005, 12:41 PM
As others have pointed out, not having Grilli as our 5th starter is a big reason why we're going to the postseason. I really don't care what happens to him, though he does sound foolishly bitter.

Good riddance mediocrity.

Banix12
09-29-2005, 01:32 PM
As others have pointed out, not having Grilli as our 5th starter is a big reason why we're going to the postseason. I really don't care what happens to him, though he does sound foolishly bitter.

Good riddance mediocrity.

I was just thinking. Even if we were in an alternate reality where Grilli competed for the 5th starter spot in spring training and the sox didn't sign el duque Grilli probably would have never gotten the spot thanks to McCarthy.

Grilli is exactly what he is meant to be it seems, a AAA pitcher/MLB Spot starter.

Goose
09-29-2005, 03:23 PM
I would like to thank Mr. Grilli for sticking it to the Sox today...

For you, sir, :gulp: