PDA

View Full Version : If We Clinch Before Sunday

getonbckthr
09-29-2005, 09:11 AM
Would you put a lineup like this out there on sunday just to give the regulars an extra day off (excuse the spelling on a few i'm lazy):

1B-gload
2B-willie
3B-ozuna
SS-blum
C--casanova
LF-timo
CF-anderson
RF-borchard
DH-widger
SP-el duque:whiner:
RP- viscaino
RP- marte:angry:
RP- bajaneru
:pee http://cleveland.indians.mlb.com/mlb/images/team_logos/50x50/cle.gif

dickallen15
09-29-2005, 09:16 AM
A. It looks like the Sox will actually start the playoffs Oct. 5 which is Wed. I think an extra day off may actually hurt the line-up.

B. If the wild card race is still on, it would be a bogus thing to do to NY and Boston to throw a B team out there against their potential competition.

chisoxfanatic
09-29-2005, 09:18 AM
The regulars should get at least some playing time as to not get "too" rested.

Bucky F. Dent
09-29-2005, 09:21 AM
Yeah, give the regulars their start, then start pulling guys in the 5th inning.

anewman35
09-29-2005, 10:11 AM
A. It looks like the Sox will actually start the playoffs Oct. 5 which is Wed. I think an extra day off may actually hurt the line-up.

What makes you say that? Whitesox.com claims it'll be the 4th. If it is the 5th, I have to change what day I'm taking off...

harwar
09-29-2005, 10:21 AM
These guys are mentally and physically exhausted from playimg more one run games than anyone in the history of the world.
Rest is what they need.

Procol Harum
09-29-2005, 10:27 AM
Given his penchant for peculiar decisions, we oughta be thankful Ozzie didn't field that lineup a couple of times in the last two weeks...
:o:

dickallen15
09-29-2005, 10:33 AM
What makes you say that? Whitesox.com claims it'll be the 4th. If it is the 5th, I have to change what day I'm taking off...

mlb.com has a thing posting scenerios. If Cleveland or Boston win the Wild Card, according to the info on there the Sox open Oct.5, either against LAA, or Boston. They didn't have the scenerio of the Sox vs. NY. Looking at it more closely it is if the season ended today, and there was a play in game. So I don't know how that effects it.

34 Inch Stick
09-29-2005, 11:43 AM
If the Sox clinch they owe nothing to anyone besides themselves. Pods should not play until the playoffs. Send Crede home for the weekend. AJ should get nothing more than DH at bats. No regular should get more than 3 AB's in any game with liberal substitutions.