PDA

View Full Version : I want the Sox to clinch in Cleveland

mrwag
09-29-2005, 08:56 AM
As much as I'd love to see the Sox win this thing today and get it over with, I think it'd be a lot more fun to see them do tomorrow in Cleveland. Here's my thinking:

- The Sox play early today. The Tribe play tonight. If the Sox win today, there's no on-field celebrating. They'd have to wait until the Injuns are done tonight. I want to see a mob on the field and champage being spurted all over the clubhouse afterwards. That's the way it's supposed to be done.
- Good way to stick a fork in Cleveland's late season run. This is OUR division, not theirs!

Who's with me?

Sad
09-29-2005, 09:01 AM
the SOX need to keep winning period & lock up home field advantage

DaveIsHere
09-29-2005, 09:07 AM
The Sox CAN celebrate on Field as if they win today, the Sox will clinch the division as the best Cleveland can do is tie, and the Sox would win the Tie Breaker by the head to head matchup and the Indians would be the wildcard.

Viva Medias B's
09-29-2005, 09:08 AM
As much as I'd love to see the Sox win this thing today and get it over with, I think it'd be a lot more fun to see them do tomorrow in Cleveland. Here's my thinking:

- The Sox play early today. The Tribe play tonight. If the Sox win today, there's no on-field celebrating. They'd have to wait until the Injuns are done tonight. I want to see a mob on the field and champage being spurted all over the clubhouse afterwards. That's the way it's supposed to be done.
- Good way to stick a fork in Cleveland's late season run. This is OUR division, not theirs!

Who's with me?

Not me. I want it done today. Also, with one Sox victory assuring us the division title (per our winning the tiebreaker should it come to that), they could do all those things today in Detroit that you want to see.

#1venturafan
09-29-2005, 09:16 AM
I want it done today, also. I don't know how much more of this I can take!

I'll be listening at work, and I work with a lot of Cubs fans! :bandance: :tongue:

SoxRulecubsdrool
09-29-2005, 09:17 AM
I don't want to put anything off until Cleveland. Let's get this done. My heart cannot take anymore! We don't need any nailbiting games in Cleveland.

getonbckthr
09-29-2005, 09:29 AM
i think it would be fun to win today and tell maggs basically to go **** himself and his 14 million dollar contract.

mike squires
09-29-2005, 09:31 AM
I vote for today to, although I was thinking it would be kind of appropriate if it came down to those last three and may the best team win....yeah, let's do it today!

BeviBall!
09-29-2005, 09:32 AM
Win today. No questions asked... its time for Freddy to be Freddy again!

Uncle_Patrick
09-29-2005, 09:33 AM
I want the Sox to clinch as soon as possible. While it might be considered more "fun" in Cleveland, I'd just as soon prefer it done now.

Sad
09-29-2005, 09:34 AM
i think it would be fun to win today and tell maggs basically to go **** himself and his 14 million dollar contract.

YEAH- he'll see what he could've been part of...

THEN BRING ON THE JIN JIN'S! :mad: :angry:

harwar
09-29-2005, 09:38 AM
We win .. We celebrate .. We take care of business.Anyway we want homefield if we play the angels(or anyone for that matter).
Let fox and espn be very disappointed that this weekends series is mostly meaningless to the Chicago White Sox.
And listen to all the cubfan radio guys squirming in their seats as they have to report on our great good fortune.
Jeese rogers was so disheartened last night after the game that he played the detroit radio feed instead of Roones calling "and thats a White Sox winner'.

Sox&Springsteen
09-29-2005, 09:40 AM
Today, today, today!

I can't take this anymore.

Thinking of all of you from here across the ocean. The game starts in less than four hours!

Na Na Na!!

09-29-2005, 09:43 AM
TODAY....There is nothing left in my house that I can break and not in trouble for doing it!! And we can celebrate! We Win, we win the Division, maybe not the best way, but screw it, I'll take it...then we can go into Cle and win one and make it to where they can't yipe about the tie breaker!! GO SOX!

mrfourni
09-29-2005, 09:55 AM
We can start celebrating on the field after the alds, the alcs, and the world seriesLets get the reg. season over with today

jenn2080
09-29-2005, 09:55 AM
I am with you guys I dont know if I can take this anymore. I need this done today! The boys needs a breather and frankly so do I. This has been a stressful 2 weeks. Ill take a win over seeing them celebrate.

I am going to see Wicked and moving this weekend. I had to call my mom Monday to tell her that if it came down to the Cleveland series I would not be going to Wicked. Who can go and sit at a play with a potential do or die series. Thanksfully it is a day game so I won't miss the play or the game. But I have faith !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LETS GO WHITE SOX AND TAMPA BAY!!!!!!!!!

Dice
09-29-2005, 09:59 AM
We can start celebrating on the field after the alds, the alcs, and the world seriesLets get the reg. season over with today

I agree with you. Celebrate after the champioship series.

FielderJones
09-29-2005, 10:02 AM
Let's get it done today. RIOT (http://riot.ieor.berkeley.edu/%7Ebaseball/american_league.html) shows the Sox In the playoffs, 1 game to clinch the ALC championship. Celebrate on the field today.

downstairs
09-29-2005, 10:15 AM
Let's get it done today. RIOT (http://riot.ieor.berkeley.edu/%7Ebaseball/american_league.html) shows the Sox In the playoffs, 1 game to clinch the ALC championship. Celebrate on the field today.

The RIOT number is always for a "tie". You need to add one to any number on that site for a full-on clinch.

At this point, there is one scenario where we don't make the playoffs:

We go 0-4
CLE goes 4-0
NY wins today, and goes 1-2 with BOS
BOS wins today, and goes 2-1 with NY

Shorty1983
09-29-2005, 10:29 AM
I don't know about the rest of you but I'm celebrating today if we win and if we win again against cleveland.

voodoochile
09-29-2005, 10:32 AM
The RIOT number is always for a "tie". You need to add one to any number on that site for a full-on clinch.

At this point, there is one scenario where we don't make the playoffs:

We go 0-4
CLE goes 4-0
NY wins today, and goes 1-2 with BOS
BOS wins today, and goes 2-1 with NY

That puts us in a one game playoff for the WC. So it would still be undecided, but the Sox would stand a chance and the tiebreaker game would be played in Chicago.

hawkjt
09-29-2005, 11:49 AM
Win today and celebrate on the field as is befitting a team that came from nowhere to lead wire to wire over 6 fricking months. This is worthy of a blowout the tubes celebration by the players.

La Russa said the same thing last week. He said you mark the 6 month long attainment of a goal by a big time celebration and then re-focus on the next goal. They deserve it. I deserve it. YOU can do whatever you want.

Fenway
09-29-2005, 11:52 AM
I hope the air raid sirens sound today

( but can Tampa really sweep the seasonat the Jake? )

Believe me everybody in New England will be rooting for Tampa tonight and Chicago this weekend.

I fear the Red Sox only in will be the wild card and that means we will play Chicago

Lip Man 1
09-29-2005, 12:30 PM
Win today. Period. End this.

Lip

my5thbench
09-29-2005, 12:31 PM
I heard a guy on the Score today say that he was hauling 40

cases of very good champagne that was ordred by the White

Sox to Comerica Park....I think they plan on consuming it today

Baby Fisk
09-29-2005, 12:32 PM
Win today. Period. End this.

Lip
Agreed. COME ON YOU WHITE SOX!

chisox117
09-29-2005, 12:34 PM
I fear the Red Sox only in will be the wild card and that means we will play Chicago

Wishful thinking...personally, I don't think your Red Cubbies have the heart to pull it off! :redneck

:gulp:

wassagstdu
09-29-2005, 01:08 PM
Win today AND take at least the first game from Cleveland. Getting swept by Cleveland is unthinkable. That being the case, I will not be unhappy if both the Sox and Indians win today. A tie for CD championship will not be acceptable at this point -- though maybe if it were to happen I could convince myself that the Sox really deserve the championship based on the season series tiebreaker.

Also, I think the Indians have done something ALMOST as impressive as what the Sox have accomplished, and they deserve the chance to lose it head-to-head.

voodoochile
09-29-2005, 01:10 PM
Win today and then treat the second and third game of that series like the playoffs, but with lower level starters starting to preserve the big three for the playoffs.

Knocking the toons out of the playoffs would be extra sweet and would give the Sox something to build on, but first of course, win today...