PDA

View Full Version : ALCS Tickets?

jabrch
09-29-2005, 12:30 AM
Anyone know when the Sox start selling ALCS tickets?

BRDSR
09-29-2005, 12:35 AM
Anyone know when the Sox start selling ALCS tickets?

It's not when they advance to the ALCS? Thats the impression I got when they didn't put them on sale with the ALDS tickets.

jabrch
09-29-2005, 12:37 AM
It's not when they advance to the ALCS? Thats the impression I got when they didn't put them on sale with the ALDS tickets.

That would be hard to do...since that would mean having short lead time to distribute them. Why not do them a week or two in advance?

BRDSR
09-29-2005, 12:42 AM
That would be hard to do...since that would mean having short lead time to distribute them. Why not do them a week or two in advance?

True, but if you're going to do them a week or two in advance, why not do them a month in advance like they did for the ALDS tickets? Although I can see an advantage in putting them on sale regardless because even if they don't make it, some people will inevitably not redeem their unused tickets and the money will go to the White Sox even though the games were never played. Unless of course they're required to give that money to charity or something. But still, even that is positive PR.

In conclusion, I have no idea.

Foulke You
09-29-2005, 01:36 AM
In 2000, the Sox put ALCS tix on sale 2 weeks after ALDS tix went on sale. I had row 9 in the Left Field lower deck for Games 1 and 2 of the ALCS. It was quite a somber moment when I had to send those puppies back for a refund after we got swept by Seattle.:(:

Law11
09-29-2005, 07:44 AM
All I know is I bought game 3 of the playoffs which unless the 1st round goes 5 games (given we have home field) The 3rd home playoff game could be game 1 of the ALCS so I would assume I already have a ticket for either game 5 of the ALDS or Game 1 of the ALCS.

downstairs
09-29-2005, 07:49 AM
All I know is I bought game 3 of the playoffs which unless the 1st round goes 5 games (given we have home field) The 3rd home playoff game could be game 1 of the ALCS so I would assume I already have a ticket for either game 5 of the ALDS or Game 1 of the ALCS.

I don't think so. ALDS tix are ALDS tix. Its not like the NBA (where what you said would be true).

ALCS tickets also cost more...

Sad
09-29-2005, 07:58 AM

nope
you'll get a refund

ChicagoHoosier
09-29-2005, 08:48 AM
I also have been scanning our message board and the Sox site to see when they go on sale, so glad to know i haven't missed anything.

Speaking of refunds, did anyone who got ALDS tix thru ticketmaster see that your "order charge" is not refunded if the games aren't played? I'm not sure if that is the service charge per ticket as well as the total order charge, but I think that's bush league since there was no option to buy them from the Sox ticket office.

Law11
09-29-2005, 08:54 AM
I don't think so. ALDS tix are ALDS tix. Its not like the NBA (where what you said would be true).

ALCS tickets also cost more...

My worst case scenario.... Wanting to see the Sox in a game 5 situation or having them move on earlier...

Lets win today and I'll deal with that issue if it happens.
Thanks for the info though. Good to know.

Sad
09-29-2005, 08:59 AM
My worst case scenario.... Wanting to see the Sox in a game 5 situation or having them move on earlier...

Lets win today and I'll deal with that issue if it happens.
Thanks for the info though. Good to know.

well... as much as I enjoy going to the park, I'd gladly accept the refund & watch the boys move on :cool:

Steelrod
09-29-2005, 10:25 AM
I also have been scanning our message board and the Sox site to see when they go on sale, so glad to know i haven't missed anything.

Speaking of refunds, did anyone who got ALDS tix thru ticketmaster see that your "order charge" is not refunded if the games aren't played? I'm not sure if that is the service charge per ticket as well as the total order charge, but I think that's bush league since there was no option to buy them from the Sox ticket office.
It's not my desire or style to defend Ticketmaster, but you surely realize that the costs associated with printing and selling tickets are the same whether the games get played or not. There is also a cost to refund them if games aren't played. I don't think they are in business to assist people in getting tickets. They just want to profit from their services. That said, I would hate to both lose money and not play games either!