PDA

View Full Version : Who Will Be Reluctantly Rooting for the Flubs?

Optipessimism
09-29-2005, 12:48 AM
I can't believe I'd ever do it, but I want the Flubs to sweep the Astros BAD. I don't want Clemens, Pettite, and Oswalt anywhere near a postseason that includes us.

Will anyone out there be doing the same? Or are some of you guys too embarrassed to admit it?

antitwins13
09-29-2005, 12:50 AM
I will never root for Da Flubbies!!!!

kittle42
09-29-2005, 12:51 AM
Let's not be silly. One series at a time.

Optipessimism
09-29-2005, 12:54 AM
Hey, I know it sucks, but just think... if the 'Stros make it, it's going to be either them or the Cards against us if we can get to the WS. I know a lot of people fear the Cards offense, but I think we'd have a much better chance holding off their torrid offense and scoring a few runs off their good pitching staff than trying to hold down Houston's decent offense while scoring a few runs against a team with the top 3 staff in all of baseball.

DumpJerry
09-29-2005, 01:08 AM
I'm ignoring the NL. The AL playoff teams are the things on my radar right now. If the Flubs lose one game, they are assured of a losing season.

Poor babies.:cool:

Nellie_Fox
09-29-2005, 01:18 AM
Will anyone out there be doing the same? Or are some of you guys too embarrassed to admit it?Are those the only two choices? I'm paying absolutely no attention to the NL. I never want the Cubs to win, for any reason.

Banix12
09-29-2005, 01:24 AM
I would like them to eliminate the astros and let the phillies in but I just don't see it happening. Though I do think the cubs will take two out of three in Houston, just because it seems to be a team they are able to beat. They have that thing where they play up or down to any opponent.

I just don't see the Phillies winning enough to make up the ground.

gobears1987
09-29-2005, 01:27 AM
I'd be more worried about the Cards in the NL.

Mr. White Sox
09-29-2005, 01:46 AM
Are those the only two choices? I'm paying absolutely no attention to the NL. I never want the Cubs to win, for any reason.

The only thing I paid attention to was the NL West race, glad to see that Barroids and his team were eliminated, and "A Whale's ******" clinched the spot :smile:.

RadioheadRocks
09-29-2005, 01:53 AM
I can't believe I'd ever do it, but I want the Flubs to sweep the Astros BAD. I don't want Clemens, Pettite, and Oswalt anywhere near a postseason that includes us.

Will anyone out there be doing the same? Or are some of you guys too embarrassed to admit it?

Can you say "SACRILEGE"????? I knew ya could!!!!!

Optipessimism
09-29-2005, 02:16 AM
Can you say "SACRILEGE"????? I knew ya could!!!!!

Hey, it's not like I'll be watching or listening to the games, but I hope that when I'm checking the scores online that I see some Houston losses and some Philly wins. I know it's still a longshot at this point, but I think of all the teams currently in the playoff picture of either league, the Sox match up best with the Astros with pitching being their be-all end-all. That said, I'd hate to face Clemens-Pettite-Oswalt for 8 innings only to get Brad Lidge in the end. The team that is second scariest in my eyes is LAAA, who we'll likely get in the first round. If we can get by them, I have no worries at all about beating Cleveland, NY, or Boston.

BTW, I don't think it's sacrilege to hope the Flubs win some games that could possibly help us out at the end of the year. It's not like they're in a pennant race or anything. I hate the Flubs as much as anyone else, but who cares if they get a few more wins? Their season is over, they again proved they suck, and regardless of what they do over the final few games of the season they still have a major retooling to do during an offseason which offers a weak free agent market. Basically, the skies will still be very dark over the Urinal no matter what happens. I just don't want to see Houston.

MUsoxfan
09-29-2005, 02:55 AM
I actually have a deep respect for Clemens. I want him to go out dealing in the playoffs like he's done throughout his career. I've been rooting for the Astros to make it all year

Foulke You
09-29-2005, 03:08 AM
If we make it to the World Series and the Astros happen to be there, I say bring em on! It doesn't matter who you play once you get there, you are guaranteed to be playing the team that is playing the best ball in October in their league. That's why its the World Series folks! Don't worry what the Cubs or the AAAA league is doing. One goal at a time. 1st thing on the list, clinch AL Central.

Sox PA
09-29-2005, 04:25 AM
We are Chicago born and raised die-hard season ticket holding White Sox fans, but for once in my life I will be rooting for the Cubs to beat the Astros. We have lived in a Philadelphia suburb for 8 years and the Phillies are my NL team. They have a nice park, they have the Phanatic, they never win anything anymore, and BESIDES, I would love to face them in the World Series, we can beat 'em. It's a hitters park - Paulie would love it here, and Joe and AJ and Carl and Juan and Jermaine and Tadahito and Aaron, and even Scotty might hit a home run.

Plus, we would have tickets to the WS games in Philly to go along with our tickets in Chicago - Go Cubs (just this once).

Cat Thief
09-29-2005, 08:19 AM

I am embarassed for you.

Not in a million years would I root for the Cubs or set foot in that hole.

Also, I would love to see Houston come to the Cell with their ****ty road record.

SoxRulecubsdrool
09-29-2005, 09:14 AM
I will never in my life root for the cubs. I am happy for the Astros having the Wild Card. Another reason for the cub fans to be upset. Another Wild Card from their division and it isn't them.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-29-2005, 09:43 AM
Didn't know. Didn't care.

Still don't care either.

To paraphrase the great Dick Allen, the National League is the ***** league of baseball.

And yes I'm looking straight at you, pantywaist Tony LaRussa. You suck. Always have. Always will.

:cool:

Uncle_Patrick
09-29-2005, 09:55 AM
All I am going to be doing is rooting for the White Sox to win and Cleveland to lose. I don't care about whatever else goes on in baseball right now.

Besides, I never want to have to count on the Cubs. Rooting for the Cubs would make me feel dirty.

SOXPHILE
09-29-2005, 10:34 AM
Hmmmm....let me think here.....hmmmm...(under my breath)-will I root for the Cubs this weekend so the Astros are eliminated, which someone thinks may somehow help the White Sox ? Hmmm. Oh, wait, I think I know the answer....wait a minute. Ummm, oh it's right on the tip of my tongue....oh yeah ! I know ! The answer is NO !

Goose
09-29-2005, 11:17 AM
I would rather eat my own liver.

Unregistered
09-29-2005, 11:21 AM
We are Chicago born and raised die-hard season ticket holding White Sox fans, but for once in my life I will be rooting for the Cubs to beat the Astros. We have lived in a Philadelphia suburb for 8 years and the Phillies are my NL team. They have a nice park, they have the Phanatic, they never win anything anymore, and BESIDES, I would love to face them in the World Series, we can beat 'em. It's a hitters park - Paulie would love it here, and Joe and AJ and Carl and Juan and Jermaine and Tadahito and Aaron, and even Scotty might hit a home run.

Plus, we would have tickets to the WS games in Philly to go along with our tickets in Chicago - Go Cubs (just this once).
No ****ing way do the Phillies make it to the World Series if they win the Wild Card. Not in a million years.

TDog
09-29-2005, 11:35 AM
I want the Cubs to lose four games this weekend. I want the Cubs to lose 162 games in 2006.

the_valenstache
09-29-2005, 12:29 PM
So, what I'm hearing is that even if a Cubs win would directly benefit the Sox (say, for some reason, late interleague games saw them playing Cleveland last week), you wouldn't pull for them? Hypothetical, sure, but I'm a Sox fan first and couldn't care less what that team does as long as they don't stand in our way.

Even on the verge of a playoff berth, we're preoccupied with this nonsense. :kukoo: