PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Griffey-> Sox tidbit

Flight #24
09-29-2005, 12:40 AM
I haven't read the article since I refuse to pay ESPN for the privilege, but I understand in Gammons article on the "deals that weren't made", he basically says the Griffey->Sox trade was nixed by incoming ownership.

Anyone with access able to confirm/deny that? It would be interesting because that could indicate that he's off the market for good, unless they've wisened up to how bad it is for an NL team to rely on him.

munchman33
09-29-2005, 02:04 PM
I haven't read the article since I refuse to pay ESPN for the privilege, but I understand in Gammons article on the "deals that weren't made", he basically says the Griffey->Sox trade was nixed by incoming ownership.

Anyone with access able to confirm/deny that? It would be interesting because that could indicate that he's off the market for good, unless they've wisened up to how bad it is for an NL team to rely on him.

That is indeed what it said. They wouldn't bite unless Griffey was part of the team.

Flight #24
09-29-2005, 02:24 PM
That is indeed what it said. They wouldn't bite unless Griffey was part of the team.

Which should indicate to Reds fans: meet the new idiots, same as the old idiots.

Hmmm.....Griffey for 100 games at full strength, Pena on the bench and starting Steve Trachsel (or equivalent? Or Pena fulltime and starting AJ Burnett?

Tough call.....