PDA

View Full Version : Thursday AL Central Clincher Roll Call

SouthSide_HitMen
09-28-2005, 11:24 PM
SSHM - Section 122 (White Sox Dugout). Row 29. Will be doning many clothes (Supposed to be cold and windy) and of course my 1977 White Sox cap.

Hope to see many WSIers out there.

Go White Sox!!!

Erik The Red
09-28-2005, 11:28 PM
I'll be watching from the bowling alley.

chisoxfanatic
09-28-2005, 11:33 PM
I'll be "watching" on gamecast from the classroom for the first hour, then on TV in the teacher's lounge the next hour, and hopefully driving home from work to the tune of another White Sox winner!

LuvSox
09-28-2005, 11:35 PM
I'll be watching while at work, with my luck I'll miss all the post game action :(:

cheeses_h_rice
09-28-2005, 11:36 PM
OK, I must be crazy, but I'm thinking about leaving tomorrow VERY early and driving to Detroit for the game. Detroit is about 5-1/2 hours by car, and the game is at 11:00am Chicago time, so I'd be leaving around 5am if I did so.

Anyone else interested in going up? If not, I kinda doubt I'd do it.

chisoxfanatic
09-28-2005, 11:38 PM
OK, I must be crazy, but I'm thinking about leaving tomorrow VERY early and driving to Detroit for the game. Detroit is about 5-1/2 hours by car, and the game is at 11:00am Chicago time, so I'd be leaving around 5am if I did so.

Good news to you...You'll have an extra hour to sleep in, since the gametime isn't til NOON Chicago time!

Chips
09-28-2005, 11:39 PM

If I could get off work I would, I love making trips to Detroit (I don't know why), I wanted to go to this game with The Dude and then on to Cleveland Friday and Saturday, but it never happened. I will be listening to Rooney and Farmer at work.

LuvSox
09-28-2005, 11:40 PM

I wish I had another call-off left. I blew the last one when I was actually sick as hell on the 4th of July. DAMNIT :angry: !

cheeses_h_rice
09-28-2005, 11:41 PM
Good news to you...You'll have an extra hour to sleep in, since the gametime isn't til NOON Chicago time!

Gah! Thanks for the notice; I'd be pretty pissed if I left an hour earlier than I had to, although getting out of the city before rush hour does have its appeal.

chisoxfan4life
09-28-2005, 11:45 PM
I'm going!!! My dad is calling off work and I'm ditching school and we're heading up there around 6 am, since Detroit is only 4 hours from my house. Hopefully I'll have champaigne sprayed all over me by my favorite Sox players. We're just buying any tickets close to the Sox dugout.

This is all coming after I was planning on going to Cleveland this weekend, but then I was forced to stay home and go to homecoming with my girlfriend. I'm soooo happy right now!:redneck

Chips
09-28-2005, 11:57 PM
I'm going!!! My dad is calling off work and I'm ditching school and we're heading up there around 6 am, since Detroit is only 4 hours from my house. Hopefully I'll have champaigne sprayed all over me by my favorite Sox players. We're just buying any tickets close to the Sox dugout.

This is all coming after I was planning on going to Cleveland this weekend, but then I was forced to stay home and go to homecoming with my girlfriend. I'm soooo happy right now!:redneck

Homecoming? girlfriend? Where are your priorities?

cheeses_h_rice
09-29-2005, 12:05 AM
I've decided to go to the game, either way.

Time for bed.

If anyone is interested in sharing the ride, send me a PM or post in this thread before 5:30 tomorrow morning, as I will be out the door by then. I live on the northwest side of the city and could pick up anyone within reason, just split the gas $ and we're good.

Chips
09-29-2005, 12:38 AM
I've decided to go to the game, either way.

Time for bed.

If anyone is interested in sharing the ride, send me a PM or post in this thread before 5:30 tomorrow morning, as I will be out the door by then. I live on the northwest side of the city and could pick up anyone within reason, just split the gas $ and we're good.

I wish I could take off work man. :angry:

Enjoy the trip.

heythweath
09-29-2005, 12:40 AM
I'll be in Cleveland on Friday and Saturday...I'm hoping the Sox/Indians BOTH win or BOTH lose on Thursday, so I can see 'em clinch it at the Jake!

Chips
09-29-2005, 12:53 AM
I'll be in Cleveland on Friday and Saturday...I'm hoping the Sox/Indians BOTH win or BOTH lose on Thursday, so I can see 'em clinch it at the Jake!

Even if we both win, we still clinch the division.

cheeses_h_rice
09-29-2005, 06:20 AM
Man, 5am is very early.

Go Sox.

DumpJerry
09-29-2005, 08:33 AM
Man, 5am is very early.

Go Sox.
Godspeed, Cheeses. Bring home a winner (and some champagne)!:D:

Sad
09-29-2005, 08:37 AM
I wish I had another call-off left. I blew the last one when I was actually sick as hell on the 4th of July. DAMNIT :angry: !

I hear ya... I've about used up my "offsite meetings" for the year. Whatever's left is gonna be used for the ALDS.

Cellview22
09-29-2005, 08:51 AM
I wish I could make the trip down there this morning, but I have another meeting at work I have to be at. Have fun, everyone, and bring home a winner!

If the Sox win today, will they celebrate on the field as if they clinched the division..and pop champaigne.. or will they wait since they essentially only clinched a tie? I know the tiebreaker would go to the Sox, but after the game, the magic # would be at 1.