PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to The Bod

FarWestChicago
12-06-2001, 08:47 PM
On the way home from work I heard some excerpts of The Bod ripping on The Tool in the Congressional hearings today. It was hysterical. You go, Jesse!! :smile:

Jerry_Manuel
12-06-2001, 08:53 PM
I found this funny:
Rep. Anthony Weiner of New York City ripped Selig with a sarcastic comment on the Milwaukee Brewers, the team the commissioner used to own.

"I've been particularly impressed with your management of the Brewers, because it's always a good weekend when the Brewers come to town," Weiner said.

Sensenbrenner, who is from Wisconsin, drew laughs when defended his home state team, "Those words will be stricken from the record."

WinningUgly!
12-06-2001, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
On the way home from work I heard some excerpts of The Bod ripping on The Tool in the Congressional hearings today. It was hysterical. You go, Jesse!! :smile:

Just like his pro wrestling days. Nobody could rip into someone like Jesse Ventura did when cutting promos!

FarWestChicago
12-06-2001, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

Just like his pro wrestling days. Nobody could rip into someone like Jesse Ventura did when cutting promos! He said something along the lines of I don't believe the numbers in front of me. How could teams losing money like this be paying the salaries they are to the players . "That would be asinine." And the owners didn't accumulate all the wealth they have by "being stupid." I couldn't stop laughing. :D:

WinningUgly!
12-06-2001, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
He said something along the lines of I don't believe the numbers in front of me. How could teams losing money like this be paying the salaries they are to the players . "That would be asinine." And the owners didn't accumulate all the wealth they have by "being stupid." I couldn't stop laughing. :D:

You can say whatever you want about Jesse, the guy just tells it like it is. :D:

Daver
12-06-2001, 09:33 PM

Just like his pro wrestling days. Nobody could rip into someone like Jesse Ventura did when cutting promos!

Jesse actually is an intelligent free thinker that has the best concerns for the state of Minn.in mind,I used to listen to his radio show when I could get it,and none of his wrestler mentality comes through to the decisions he makes for the state of Minn.

The scary part for some of you is that he will be a legitimate presidential candidate in the next election.
And unlike Ross Perot he will be able to gather a following that will make him a factor in the vote.

But then again what the hell do I know?

WinningUgly!
12-06-2001, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by daver

Jesse actually is an intelligent free thinker that has the best concerns for the state of Minn.in mind,I used to listen to his radio show when I could get it,and none of his wrestler mentality comes through to the decisions he makes for the state of Minn.

The scary part for some of you is that he will be a legitimate presidential candidate in the next election.
And unlike Ross Perot he will be able to gather a following that will make him a factor in the vote.

But then again what the hell do I know?

I'd pay big money to see Jesse in a debate against GWB!

FarWestChicago
12-06-2001, 09:40 PM

I'd pay big money to see Jesse in a debate against GWB! LMAO!!!!

PaleHoseGeorge
12-06-2001, 10:53 PM
For those of you with cable TV, tune in C-Span2 right now. They are showing the baseball hearings from earlier today.

A laugh riot. I keep expecting Selig to burst into tears.

"Oh, I'm emoting. Oh, I'm emoting..."

doublem23
12-06-2001, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
For those of you with cable TV, tune in C-Span2 right now. They are showing the baseball hearings from earlier today.

A laugh riot. I keep expecting Selig to burst into tears.

"Oh, I'm emoting. Oh, I'm emoting..."

I can totally see him pulling a Kevin Nealan from SNL with this old, "Subtle Seduction" skit...

:tool
So, as you can see, (give me money) baseball has been losing money (let me contract) for a number of years now, and unless (sign the check) we are allowed to run the sport as we see best fit (we want money), this great American past (buck up) time will fiscally crippled...

or something like that.

RedPinStripes
12-06-2001, 11:16 PM
I've really learned to like Ventura. i used to think of him as that big ass of a wrestler I used to watch as a kid. He is very intellegent , speaks the truth, and is never intimmidated.

Gotta love it!

scottmt
12-06-2001, 11:55 PM
I can still respect Jesse's motto back from his days in the WWF -- "Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat."

RedPinStripes
12-07-2001, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by scottmt
I can still respect Jesse's motto back from his days in the WWF -- "Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat."

LOL!!!! i LIKE THAT!