PDA

View Full Version : If you live outside the chicago area...

lumpyspun
09-28-2005, 05:08 PM
Prepare to be "hot as fish grease":

I just looked at tvguide.com to see if FOX is really going to screw me out of watching the Sox game on Saturday in Western Washington....and of course they have....it appears the Red Sox/Yanks game is on out here.

Once again the MLB package I paid good money for is useless b/c of FOX.

I hate them and I will email them about 85 times between now and Saturday. If you aren't getting our game in your area please do the same.

Dear Jeebus.

anewman35
09-28-2005, 05:10 PM
Prepare to be "hot as fish grease":

I just looked at tvguide.com to see if FOX is really going to screw me out of watching the Sox game on Saturday in Western Washington....and of course they have....it appears the Red Sox/Yanks game is on out here.

Once again the MLB package I paid good money for is useless b/c of FOX.

I hate them and I will email them about 85 times between now and Saturday. If you aren't getting our game in your area please do the same.

As annoying as Yankee/Red Sox games are, at least this time there's a valid reason to show them. Unless something changes in the next 3 days, it's really hard to imagine them picking a close AL Central matchup over a close AL East matchup.

downstairs
09-28-2005, 05:25 PM
As annoying as Yankee/Red Sox games are, at least this time there's a valid reason to show them. Unless something changes in the next 3 days, it's really hard to imagine them picking a close AL Central matchup over a close AL East matchup.

Yeah... but the system is still screwed up.

Look at the NFL. They give the networks exclusives on everything, but it doesn't affect packages like DirectTV and Dish.

There should be *some* way for any person to view any game ever played. Maybe you have to pay for it, maybe you have to stream it on the web.

But, right now, there are situations where certain people have no way of viewing specific games. That is just bad business.

harwar
09-28-2005, 05:32 PM
Like i said in another thread i was all ready to tape the game on wgn & fsn ohio and then they move it to 12 noon and put it on fox.
It sure screwed up my sat evening barbecue.
I just hope they win.

bluestar
09-28-2005, 05:38 PM
I have grown accustomed to never seeing a Sox game on my local Fox affiliate, unless it is in the playoffs.

One of the reasons I did not pick up the MLB Extra Innings package again this year is because of the WCIU and Fox games I never got to see.

The technology exists to make the alternate games on Fox available on a Pay-Per-View basis. I don't understand why they don't do that.

XplodingScorbord
09-28-2005, 06:08 PM
But, right now, there are situations where certain people have no way of viewing specific games. That is just bad business.

You nailed it there. Especially in this day and age of downloading any song you want, consumers demand that they get to consume the media they want, when they want to. MLB had best recognize that fact, or the fan-interest gains they've gotten the last few years will go bye-bye again.

Sxy Mofo
09-28-2005, 06:17 PM

Look at the NFL. They give the networks exclusives on everything, but it doesn't affect packages like DirectTV and Dish.

There should be *some* way for any person to view any game ever played. Maybe you have to pay for it, maybe you have to stream it on the web.

Exactly. And with fox, it generally takes away your best games. How many saturday sox-angels, sox-cubs, sox-indians games have been taken away from us out-of-marketers because of fox. Fox provides that all the football games be shown no matter location, and it can't do the same for baseball?

SoxFan64
09-28-2005, 07:06 PM
I see where almost everyone on this thread is an out-of-town Sox fan. Here in DC we ALWAYS get NY and Boston and Philly and Boston and NY and NY and Boston.....

It is like I get ESPN over my Fox channel.

At least with the previously scheduled Sat. night game I can get it on WGN via cable. But NOOOOOOOOO

But I think it is for the good I think the Sox winning % on Sat WGN games, ESPN games and once on Fox is about .333 so I predict a Sat. victory because of the time change.

Miss Cleo at your service

:cleo

anewman35
09-28-2005, 08:49 PM

Oh, I'm not denying that. I just don't see how letters to Fox stations will help at all.

Jenks4Pres
09-28-2005, 08:54 PM
Not sure but I think mlbtv has a special where you can watch the rest of the seasons games for only $10.

That might be worth it if we don't clinch by then.

DSpivack
09-28-2005, 09:35 PM
Not sure but I think mlbtv has a special where you can watch the rest of the seasons games for only $10.

That might be worth it if we don't clinch by then.

Unfortunately, if you live in the United States, the blackout rules apply just as much online as on TV. If it's not on your Fox station and you're in the US, you can't watch it. This was precisely the problem Saturday, September 17, for users online and in the Chicago area [game wasn't televised whatsoever].

flo-B-flo
09-28-2005, 11:05 PM
When the Sox play on WCIuseless, I follow the delay on mlb. Barely have heard Rooney on radio- bad signal- thanks to Rooney for great visual vocalization. Or is it vocal visualization? To me he was like Lloyd Petit was to Hawk fans. :smile:

mike squires
09-28-2005, 11:14 PM
It's often blacked out here in Champaign when on Fox. Any idea if they will be showing it in the Chambana area?

peeonwrigley
09-29-2005, 01:16 AM
It's often blacked out here in Champaign when on Fox. Any idea if they will be showing it in the Chambana area?

I would say your chances are strong, to very strong, that they'll show the game in Champaign.