PDA

View Full Version : We won 2 coin flips today

Cat Thief
09-28-2005, 05:18 PM
Major League Baseball held two additional coin tosses today to determine sites for potential one-game tie-breakers that would be played to determine the winner of the American League Wild Card.

The sites for one-game tie-breakers to determine the A.L. Wild Card winner are as follows:

OpponentsSiteBOS-CWSU.S. Cellular Field, ChicagoNYY-CWSU.S. Cellular Field, Chicago

Previous coin tosses that have been held include the following:

AL TIE-BREAKER SITES

AL EAST: BOS @ NYY.
AL CENTRAL: CWS @ CLE.
AL WILD CARD: NYY @ CLE; CLE @ BOS.

NL TIE-BREAKER SITES

NL WEST: SF @ SD.
NL WILD CARD: HOU @ PHI.
Any one-game tie-breakers would be scheduled for Monday, October 3rd, with times to be determined.

How do I get tickets????

(Thanks to whoever moved this.)

downstairs
09-28-2005, 05:34 PM
As per WSCR...

We won coin filps for home field vs. the Yankees and the Red Sox, if ever necessary.

Lets quit goofing around guys and make it not necessary, ok?

But... I guess this is nice to know.

nordhagen
09-28-2005, 06:03 PM
As per WSCR...

We won coin filps for home field vs. the Yankees and the Red Sox, if ever necessary.

Lets quit goofing around guys and make it not necessary, ok?

But... I guess this is nice to know.

Now let's win two games and make it unnecessary

Dick Allen
09-28-2005, 06:10 PM
The way they play at home in front of large crowds - maybe we actually lost these coin flips.

The Wall
09-28-2005, 07:23 PM
HURRAY!!!!! Its the first thing we've won in 2 days!

Tragg
09-28-2005, 10:29 PM
Just wondering, how do they settle:

3 way tie for wildcard, but to of those teams play for the division. Play the division tiebreaker first, then the loser plays the other wildcard?

And then a 4 way tie for the wildcard, and 2 2 way ties for division. Same thing? Playoff for the division first and the two losers play for the wildcard?

voodoochile
09-29-2005, 01:47 AM
Just wondering, how do they settle:

3 way tie for wildcard, but to of those teams play for the division. Play the division tiebreaker first, then the loser plays the other wildcard?

And then a 4 way tie for the wildcard, and 2 2 way ties for division. Same thing? Playoff for the division first and the two losers play for the wildcard?

Yeah, first they settle the divisional tiebreaker then the WC tiebreaker.

Someone told me one time that the team from the non-tied division automatically wins the WC because the loser of the division tiebreaker game is now 1/2 game behind the WC team they were tied with at the end of the season. Those tiebreaker games count in the standings you know.

If that is the case, the Sox actually won the WC today...