PDA

View Full Version : Tribune Starting @#$% again......

Heffalump
09-28-2005, 04:31 PM
I didn't see this posted anywhere else, so I apologize if I missed it......

The Trib just happens to run an article on Konerko's impending free agency today.....

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-0509280280sep28,1,4920982.story?coll=cs-home-headlines&ctrack=1&cset=true

In my opinion, the timing of this is not just a coincidence, nor is repeatedly asking Konerko about the contract status in order to get a few negative soundbites........Luckily, Paulie is keeping his mouth shut on this topic.

God, I hate the tribune.

GO SOX!

Ol' No. 2
09-28-2005, 04:32 PM
I didn't see this posted anywhere else, so I apologize if I missed it......

The Trib just happens to run an article on Konerko's impending free agency today.....

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-0509280280sep28,1,4920982.story?coll=cs-home-headlines&ctrack=1&cset=true

In my opinion, the timing of this is not just a coincidence, nor is repeatedly asking Konerko about the contract status in order to get a few negative soundbites........Luckily, Paulie is keeping his mouth shut on this topic.

God, I hate the tribune.

GO SOX!I hear Konerko's lifelong dream is to play for the Cubs.

cheeses_h_rice
09-28-2005, 04:34 PM
Oh, this is but one of many well-timed columns we can expect over the next few weeks.

My advice:

:hawk

Sit back, relax, and strap it down.

SouthSide_HitMen
09-28-2005, 04:44 PM
The Trib propoganda I can live with (I ignore it) but this sentence scared me

Life is just starting to get more exciting for Paul Konerko, even while he's in the midst of a pennant race with his wife Jennifer expected to deliver the couple's first child late next month.

A third White Sox player leaving the team due to a newborn and this one during the World Series!!!

Flight #24
09-28-2005, 04:56 PM
2 words: Scheduled induction.....

Hokiesox
09-28-2005, 05:20 PM
The Trib propoganda I can live with (I ignore it) but this sentence scared me

Life is just starting to get more exciting for Paul Konerko, even while he's in the midst of a pennant race with his wife Jennifer expected to deliver the couple's first child late next month.

A third White Sox player leaving the team due to a newborn and this one during the World Series!!!

Now we know what the position players are doing when pitchers and catchers report.

ChiSoxRowand
09-28-2005, 05:37 PM
Now we know what the position players are doing when pitchers and catchers report.

Post of the week!!

SoxFan64
09-28-2005, 08:18 PM

My thought exactly. I guess the guys figured that they would not be playing for anything after August 30. Or then a cold night in January is the cause of all this. :D:

SOXSINCE'70
09-28-2005, 09:36 PM
Oh, this is but one of many well-timed columns we can expect over the next few weeks.

I'm still waiting for the chokes of the '78 Blow Sawx and '95
Halos.The Sox would be the worst of them all,according to
Dan Mcgrath.:angry: :angry:

duke of dorwood
09-28-2005, 09:41 PM
And its hilarious the number of times Choke appears in the context of the Cubune-its like their typesetters never heard of the word in other collapses by their team

Optipessimism
09-29-2005, 01:19 AM
Paulie not coming back really scares me. Where the hell are we going to get offense?

BTW, if you think this article was bad, just wait you guys. I guarantee that all throughout the playoffs in virtually every one of Paulie's AB's the ESPN/FOX announcers will make mention of his impending free agency. Get ready for gems like this:

"I think it's very unlikely that he resigns with the White Sox."

"I'm sure he wouldn't mind hitting behind Ortiz and Ramirez." (announcers chuckle because they suck)

"He'd look great in a Red Sox uniform."

"This is very well his last season on the South Side of Chicago."

gobears1987
09-29-2005, 01:26 AM
:kneeslap::roflmao: THat's hilarious

MUsoxfan
09-29-2005, 02:57 AM
Why does this "streak" not impress me? It means very little to me. I think that this "15 win streak" goes along with Buehrle's "6+ inning" streak. It's nice to have, but it means nothing in the end

Foulke You
09-29-2005, 03:04 AM
For the first time in a long time my fellow Sox fans, DO NOT WORRY ABOUT NEXT YEAR! Next year is now! Let our blue clad neighbors to the North worry about free-agent signings and such. The only thing that should be on the minds of Sox fans is who is going on the playoff roster and who starts Game 1 of the ALDS.

Heffalump
09-29-2005, 02:45 PM
For the first time in a long time my fellow Sox fans, DO NOT WORRY ABOUT NEXT YEAR! Next year is now! Let our blue clad neighbors to the North worry about free-agent signings and such. The only thing that should be on the minds of Sox fans is who is going on the playoff roster and who starts Game 1 of the ALDS.

Damn right.