PDA

View Full Version : Crede back with team, but Ozuna starting tonight at 3B

cheeses_h_rice
09-28-2005, 03:31 PM
Per WSCR.

Can't argue with this -- Ozuna's been a contributor.

JorgeFabregas
09-28-2005, 03:33 PM
Eh? Sure you can argue with it, as Crede has been their hottest hitter, not just a contributor. It seems to be consistent of Ozzie's policy of wanting a player to have his mind completely on the game at hand. That's no knock on Joe, that's a product of the situation.

CHIsoxNation
09-28-2005, 03:34 PM
Per WSCR.

I'm not surprised. Ozzie is smart enough not to throw Crede back into this with his head possibly on other things. At least he can always be used off the bench later in the game.

SABRSox
Per WSCR.

I could argue that he should start for Carl instead of Crede.

You know what, I will argue that...

Deuce
Good to have him there if we need him... doubt he has had much sleep in the last 24 hours, so playing him outright is probably not the best idea. I wouldn't mind DHing him though...

Deuce

kittle42
09-28-2005, 03:36 PM
I'm not surprised. Ozzie is smart enough not to throw Crede back into this with his head possibly on other things. At least he can always be used off the bench later in the game.

You mean after he uses Borchard and Blum.

nordhagen
09-28-2005, 03:36 PM
I could argue that he should start for Carl instead of Crede.

You know what, I will argue that...

Who knows how tired the guy is, etc...

But I'd almost like to see Ozuna play more than Everett the rest of the way. At least the guy plays all out and with absolutely no fear, gets the bat on the ball consistently. He should have had two hits last night but Carl couldn't get to second in time.

Heffalump
09-28-2005, 03:45 PM
I don't necessarily agree, but Carl IS going to be playing the rest of the year. Ozzie needs his bat for the playoffs and the only way he is gonna break out of the slump is by playing. He looked better last night (or at least not completely horrible), so maybe he is coming around.

Just think if Carl gets hot again like he did early in the year. He could carry our impotent offense on his back.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-28-2005, 03:45 PM
You know it's bad when the thought of losing Joe Crede's BAT is causing angst amongst the Sox faithful.

:redface:

bennyw41
09-28-2005, 03:46 PM
Plus, doesn't Ozzie have a rule about sitting out the next game if you miss one. I don't disagree, policy is policy.

MsSoxVixen22
09-28-2005, 03:48 PM
I'm surprised to say this but Ozzie actually made a good decission for once. I agree, sit Carl, let Ozuna hit and if we need him we have Joe on the bench. :D:

tschneid83
09-28-2005, 03:48 PM
I have no problem with this except for you hear so many times.... "and his first game back after his (insert family member, friend, etc) dies, gets injured, or has complications he hits two homers",or "that home run will be in honor of......". Just seems to me that players like coming back from some family, friend, etc issue and take the pain out on the ball.

anyways, no big deal get some rest Joe were gonna need ya.

cheeses_h_rice
09-28-2005, 03:52 PM
You know it's bad when the thought of losing Joe Crede's BAT is causing angst amongst the Sox faithful.

Wonder where Shoota stands on all this?

:)

BNLSox
09-28-2005, 03:53 PM

Amen Brother! I was thinking just that. If we knew back then what we know now, would anyone have knocked Joe? Probably, we are on the whole 'what have you done for me lately' types. And why not? We deserve the best.

nordhagen
09-28-2005, 03:54 PM
Same thing as last two nights anyway. If the suddenly "Slumber Company" can't take care of the great Sean Douglass without Crede we've got problems

mdep524
09-28-2005, 04:04 PM
I have no problem with Crede not playing tonight due to family concerns. But my first reaction is: I wonder what good it will do him to sit on the bench tonight if he's not playing. Seems like if he's not going to play today he should have spent another day with his wife, especially if the issue was weighing heavily on his mind.

elrod
09-28-2005, 04:06 PM
What's the story with his wife pregnancy, then? Everything OK with the baby?

kninchicago
09-28-2005, 04:07 PM
I hear she had the baby and all are safe and healthy, fortunately.

nordhagen
09-28-2005, 04:09 PM
I have no problem with Crede not playing tonight due to family concerns. But my first reaction is: I wonder what good it will do him to sit on the bench tonight if he's not playing. Seems like if he's not going to play today he should have spent another day with his wife, especially if the issue was weighing heavily on his mind.

My guess is he probably wanted to get back and settled as soon as possible - particularly with a day game tomorrow

BeviBall!
09-28-2005, 04:19 PM
Fine... Pablo was our best player yesterday.

TaylorStSox
09-28-2005, 04:20 PM

He probably hasn't slept in 2 days. Jesus people! Get a ****ing grip!

DaleJRFan
09-28-2005, 04:27 PM
He probably hasn't slept in 2 days. Jesus people! Get a ****ing grip!

Agreed. Yikes, thank God the guy's family is doing ok... worry about baseball later for Joe. Let him get his head together and put him out on the field in Cleveland.

SouthSide_HitMen
09-28-2005, 04:28 PM
Wonder where Shoota stands on all this?

:)

If Crede pinch hits or DHs his stats don't count. Crede should have had 162 babies this year and missed the whole season.

Sorry all but Shoota invaded my body and typed the preceding two sentences.

BeviBall!
09-28-2005, 04:32 PM
He'll play tomorrow... and probably PH for Rowand tonight. That's right AR, I'm calling you out.

nordhagen
09-28-2005, 04:42 PM
He'll play tomorrow... and probably PH for Rowand tonight. That's right AR, I'm calling you out.

Agreed, time for AR to step up and deliver more than a chopper, two-hopper to short

Ol' No. 2
09-28-2005, 05:03 PM

:redface:And we're counting on Jose Contreras as the stopper. Welcome to Wacky World.

miker
09-28-2005, 05:21 PM
How 'bout a Joe Crede pinch-hit homer tonight?

Glad to hear everyone's okay.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-28-2005, 05:25 PM
And we're counting on Jose Contreras as the stopper. Welcome to Wacky World.

Hey! This isn't anything like how everyone had it scripted back in July ... or even 3 weeks ago!

Could all the smartasses have been wrong??? Say it ain't so!

:wink:

deck27
09-28-2005, 05:48 PM
Although an assumption, the best part of this news is that Crede's family is ok.