http://weather.chicagotribune.com/radar/mixedcomposite.asp?region=a4

Need 5 innings Jose...

tlebar318
09-28-2005, 12:36 PM
Rain about to hit us by mid afternoon.
Should be in Detroit by later tonight.

http://weather.chicagotribune.com/radar/mixedcomposite.asp?region=a4

Need 5 innings Jose...

Man I hope they get this in....a doubleheader tomorrow is not something the Sox need right now...

nordhagen
09-28-2005, 12:56 PM
Man I hope they get this in....a doubleheader tomorrow is not something the Sox need right now...

Of course if it rains in Detroit then Cleveland will likely be in the same boat. But if it hasn't started raining here yet I've got to figure it's going to be OK there tonight.

Speaking of weather, apparently the conditions didn't help the Tribe any either. On the radio last night the Indians broadcasters mentioned there were balls hit by both teams that didn't go out because the wind was blowing slightly in.

Also, FYI, at night you can pick up the Indians games pretty clearly on 1100 AM. At least I can in my car in Arlington Heights.

MsSoxVixen22
09-28-2005, 12:58 PM
Well, I work in Franklin park, and it looks cloudy over here. Hope the rain stays away tonite!

RedHeadPaleHoser
09-28-2005, 01:13 PM
Prediction is 50/50 shower/tstorms...precip is forecasted to be less than 1/2 an inch. We need at least 5 innings...

Law11
09-28-2005, 01:23 PM
Its pretty dark out here in Arlington Hts.
But the radar seems to be heavier up n cheeseland and hopefully doesnt inturrupt the game tonight much as it heads east.

Deuce
09-28-2005, 01:39 PM
Prediction is 50/50 shower/tstorms...precip is forecasted to be less than 1/2 an inch. We need at least 5 innings...

...and a lead. Otherwise, bring on the rain!!! :wink:

nordhagen
09-28-2005, 01:40 PM
...and a lead. Otherwise, bring on the rain!!! :wink:

And we need it to rain some runs

itsnotrequired
09-28-2005, 01:47 PM
Latest forecast calls for a 40% chance of rain starting at 7:00 EST and continuing into the morning hours.

Looks like any rain in Cleveland won't be until after midnight.

Baltimore and Boston will be clear.

Johnny Mostil
09-28-2005, 01:50 PM
Also, FYI, at night you can pick up the Indians games pretty clearly on 1100 AM. At least I can in my car in Arlington Heights.

Ah, good ole WWWE. It comes in pretty well all over the Chicago area, as I recall, though I haven't bothered to try much since Herb Score retired . . .

nordhagen
09-28-2005, 01:51 PM
Ah, good ole WWWE. It comes in pretty well all over the Chicago area, as I recall, though I haven't bothered to try much since Herb Score retired . . .

Exactly - although I think now it's called WTAM or something like that...

BeviBall!
09-28-2005, 01:56 PM
Even Mother Nature is against us.

Iwritecode
09-28-2005, 02:03 PM
The game will probably be delayed an hour or so but I think they'll still get it in.

Johnny Mostil
09-28-2005, 02:05 PM
Exactly - although I think now it's called WTAM or something like that...

Yowza. You're right. Three-dubya eee still says "Cleveland" to me. I don't know what WTAM says, though it does claim to be Cleveland's "official weather station."

daveeym
09-28-2005, 02:08 PM
With the 5k or so that may actually attend they should just start the game now.

MERPER
09-28-2005, 02:29 PM
weather.com predicts rain in Detroit at 6 but not thunderstorms... meaning that it could just be a light rainfall.. we had rain in Missouri today and it has pretty much just been light...

I'd rather play a doubleheader tomorrow than lose in 5 tonight by a score of 1-0 or 2-1.... Keep in mind, most teams (especaially not the Tigers) don't win both ends of a doubleheader... if a doubleheader is scheduled tomorrow, it might actually force the Sox to win at least 1 game!

BeviBall!
09-28-2005, 03:18 PM
They'll get it in... probably an hour delay to start off. Either this or they'll call the game before 6p and schedule a day/hight DH tomorrow.

Iwritecode
09-28-2005, 03:37 PM
They'll get it in... probably an hour delay to start off. Either this or they'll call the game before 6p and schedule a day/hight DH tomorrow.

The Cubs are playing through it right now.

BeviBall!
09-28-2005, 03:38 PM
The Cubs are playing through it right now.

It's not even raining hard downtown. We'll have to wait and see if the front picks up steam crossing Lake Michigan.

Updated forecast calls for 80% chance of rain/wind. Windy tomorrow and cloudy.

Law11
09-28-2005, 03:38 PM
Well its pouring here now and its moving at about 20MPH the leading edge is just crossing into MI. Could be a messy, cold night. Wierd things could be a brewin' tonight. Hopefully in our favor.

Iwritecode
09-28-2005, 03:42 PM
I'm just hoping it gets far enough east that I don't have to drive in it on the way home.

Driving in the rain when the wipers don't work sucks... :(:

Law11
09-28-2005, 03:48 PM
I'm just hoping it gets far enough east that I don't have to drive in it on the way home.

Driving in the rain when the wipers don't work sucks... :(:

I found something out on that subject recently. Someone told me that when your wipers wont clear up the windows correctly its usually caused by deposits and grease on your windows. Pour a can or two of Coke on the windows as the wipers are running. It cleared up instantly.

No joke.

Makes me really wonder what I'm drinking...

Muopsies
09-28-2005, 03:51 PM
I found something out on that subject recently. Someone told me that when your wipers wont clear up the windows correctly its usually caused by deposits and grease on your windows. Pour a can or two of Coke on the windows as the wipers are running. It cleared up instantly.

No joke.

Along those same lines, i heard that if you put a tooth in a glass of Coke overnight, it will disintegrate over night.

Iwritecode
09-28-2005, 03:53 PM

No joke.

It's not that they don't clear the windows, it's the fact that they go up and then don't come back down. There's something wrong with the mechanism under the hood that controls them. For some reason it gets "stuck".

If I run over a couple of bumps in the road it usually jars it enough to go back down but they get stuck the next time they go up. Either that or I have to stick my hand out the window and push them back down with my hand...

Iwritecode
09-28-2005, 03:55 PM
Along those same lines, i heard that if you put a tooth in a glass of Coke overnight, it will disintegrate over night.

That's not true. Snopes.com has an entire section about the many urban legends surrounding Coke...

LongLiveFisk
09-28-2005, 04:06 PM
That's not true. Snopes.com has an entire section about the many urban legends surrounding Coke...

True, and I'm sure Coca-Cola is not too thrilled about them. Hell, with as much as I drink Coke and other colas, my teeth would have disintegrated a long time ago if this stuff was true! I'd look like this--> :redneck

MsSoxVixen22
09-28-2005, 04:29 PM
Well guys it doesn't look good. Its raining like cats and dogs. I hope they can still play tonite! I always have a bad feeling about double headers :(:

BeviBall!
09-28-2005, 04:47 PM
This front is huge. With the possibility of a DHer tomorrow, I would hope they cancel this early on. Throw FG in the afternoon and JC in the nightcap. Day/Nights should allow you to use your normal lineup in both games.

anewman35
09-28-2005, 05:07 PM
This front is huge. With the possibility of a DHer tomorrow, I would hope they cancel this early on. Throw FG in the afternoon and JC in the nightcap. Day/Nights should allow you to use your normal lineup in both games.

I can't imagine why the Tigers would make it a Day/Night, though - it's not as if it would benefit them in any way, it would just mean that there would be NOBODY there for the night game and they'd have to pay employees to be there a lot longer.

sox1970
09-28-2005, 05:10 PM
It looks like the rain is breaking up as it enters Michigan. There might be some delays, but I think they'll get the game in. Let's get a win tonight, huh! How about a Blue Jays win and a Orioles win too!!

BeviBall!
09-28-2005, 05:10 PM
I can't imagine why the Tigers would make it a Day/Night, though - it's not as if it would benefit them in any way, it would just mean that there would be NOBODY there for the night game and they'd have to pay employees to be there a lot longer.

Do they have the say or is it MLB? If it's back-to-back, this is the worst possible thing that can happen to us.

anewman35
09-28-2005, 05:12 PM
Do they have the say or is it MLB? If it's back-to-back, this is the worst possible thing that can happen to us.

I'm pretty sure they have the say. This also might have changed, but I remember a few years ago that I read that MLB really didn't like day-night ones and only allowed them when it was a matter of a team having most games sold out, which certianly wouldn't be an issue here.

whitesoxfan
09-28-2005, 05:23 PM
It looks like the rain is breaking up as it enters Michigan. There might be some delays, but I think they'll get the game in. Let's get a win tonight, huh! How about a Blue Jays win and a Orioles win too!!

a Devil Rays win should be included in there as well.

Lorenzo Barcelo
09-28-2005, 06:03 PM
The rain is just west of Lansing, Michigan. Depening on how fast the showers are moving we will be close to completing 5-6 innings at best.