PDA

View Full Version : MLB know something we don't?

Fenway
09-28-2005, 11:31 AM
MLB.com jumping the gun again?

According to BostonDirtDogs.com they were also selling shirts for the Red Sox and White Sox yesterday.....:(:

Thanks Bud:angry:

http://bostondirtdogs.boston.com/Headline_Archives/Yanks_shirt.jpg (http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2114173)

Iwritecode
09-28-2005, 11:34 AM
MLB.com jumping the gun again?

According to BostonDirtDogs.com they were also selling shirts for the Red Sox and White Sox yesterday.....:(:

Thanks Bud:angry:

They have them printed up for each team I'm sure.

I'm guessing somebody accidently updated the site when they weren't supposed to...

ChiSoxRowand
09-28-2005, 04:11 PM
That is actually a pretty cool shirt. Hopefully the Sox one will have the Sears tower on it.

LongLiveFisk
09-28-2005, 04:55 PM
I think most teams have shirts/caps ready before the victory. Look at the Super Bowl. No matter who wins, the team always has the gear ready and they put it on right afterwards.

I guess the losers have their stuff donated to a shelter or something(?) :?:

miker
09-28-2005, 04:59 PM
Doesn't the losing teams shirts and caps get destroyed to "protect" (and I'm doing that annoying quote thing with my fingers) MLB and its trademarks?

And rest assured the money they make off the winning shirts well offsets the cost of printing the ones they destroy.

antitwins13
09-28-2005, 05:00 PM
That is actually a pretty cool shirt. Hopefully the Sox one will have the Sears tower on it.

Sign me up!

miker
09-28-2005, 05:02 PM
Just watch...they'll have an image of the Tribune Tower.

Hangar18
09-28-2005, 05:05 PM
Reminds me of when a guy I know in 2003 just knew that that other team
was going to the World Series, he printed up the year 1908 (or whatever)
and had 2003 Champions on the back ....... HAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAA

LongLiveFisk
09-28-2005, 05:12 PM
Reminds me of when a guy I know in 2003 just knew that that other team
was going to the World Series, he printed up the year 1908 (or whatever)
and had 2003 Champions on the back ....... HAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAA

As sad as that is, what would be even sadder is if he actually WORE IT. He's not THAT pathetic, is he? :o:

ChiSoxRowand
09-28-2005, 05:42 PM
I think most teams have shirts/caps ready before the victory. Look at the Super Bowl. No matter who wins, the team always has the gear ready and they put it on right afterwards.

All of the Championship shirts are made before the team actually wins. Thats why the team is always wearing them in the locker room after the game. I think the ones for the team that looses are destroyed so someone can't make a bunch of money.

maurice
09-28-2005, 05:51 PM
I've seen lots of cub fans wearing shirts that say "1908" on them. They're proud of their suckatude. Remember, curses are cute and cuddly.

TheOldRoman
09-28-2005, 05:56 PM
All of the Championship shirts are made before the team actually wins. Thats why the team is always wearing them in the locker room after the game. I think the ones for the team that looses are destroyed so someone can't make a bunch of money.
ESPN did a segment on this a couple of years ago. The shirts are donated to impoverish countries. I believe they showed African kids wearing "Buffalo Bills Superbowl Champions" shirts.

SoXPriDe33
09-28-2005, 06:27 PM
I'm curious to know what writing is on the bottom of the shirt for the sox, cuz for the yankees it's 8 years in a row or something like that and for the Angels it's back to back division champs. Anyone have any ideas or answers?

cbrownson13
09-28-2005, 06:33 PM
Anyone remember when MLB.com had the Red Sox Alex Rodriguez put up pre-maturely?

TheOldRoman
09-28-2005, 06:34 PM
I'm curious to know what writing is on the bottom of the shirt for the sox, cuz for the yankees it's 8 years in a row or something like that and for the Angels it's back to back division champs. Anyone have any ideas or answers?
It says "by the way, how did the Cubs do this year?":cool:

MarySwiss
09-28-2005, 07:41 PM

The Sox one will probably have the Urinal on it.

HotelWhiteSox
09-28-2005, 07:48 PM
The caps that the clinching teams have been wearing look sweet, IMO

I am going to blow (I mean spend wisely :) ) so much money on playoff gear, but I still wear my 2000 shirts!

C-Dawg
09-28-2005, 07:55 PM
Anyone remember when MLB.com had the Red Sox Alex Rodriguez put up pre-maturely?

Its right up there with Bears Coach Dave McGinnis.

Soxfanspcu11
09-28-2005, 10:07 PM
ESPN did a segment on this a couple of years ago. The shirts are donated to impoverish countries. I believe they showed African kids wearing "Buffalo Bills Superbowl Champions" shirts.

You are indeed correct! I saw this special as well, and its a good thing anyway.

Mr. White Sox
09-28-2005, 10:29 PM
You are indeed correct! I saw this special as well, and its a good thing anyway.

If those kids sold those shirts on eBay, they'd make a pretty penny (I'm not kidding). Why not have mlb.com sell the shirts in an auction, then donate the profits to help impoverished children in Africa? That would make more sense, eh? :?:

ThatGuyOnTheL
09-28-2005, 10:50 PM
If those kids sold those shirts on eBay, they'd make a pretty penny (I'm not kidding). Why not have mlb.com sell the shirts in an auction, then donate the profits to help impoverished children in Africa? That would make more sense, eh? :?:

I vaguely remember reading an article (way back in the day, when I was a subscriber to SI for Kids) stating that many leagues ship the losing team's victory gear to overseas charities. They do their best to avoid sending them to countries where the folks probably would not understand the meaning of a "Scott Norwood, Super Bowl XXV MVP" shirt.:D:

I don't know if that's still the case; this was well before the advent of eBay et al.

Stroker Ace
09-28-2005, 11:31 PM
I'm curious to know what writing is on the bottom of the shirt for the sox, cuz for the yankees it's 8 years in a row or something like that and for the Angels it's back to back division champs. Anyone have any ideas or answers?Thanks Sox!
-Tribune Co.

Chips
09-28-2005, 11:36 PM

You'd think after three years of losing they wouldn't even bother making the damn shirts. You can't stop Aikman, Irvin, and Emmitt. (unless you're the 1994 49ers, or 1996 Panthers)

CLR01
09-29-2005, 09:56 AM

If some of the "Sox Fans" around here designed it, it will probably have a Cubs logo x'ed out and say in large font Cubs Suck. The small font will say Chicago White Sox 2005 AL Central Champions.

Goose
09-29-2005, 11:22 AM

"A Little Better Than The Predicted 4th Place"

oeo
09-29-2005, 11:29 AM

First Place Since Day One.

TheDarkGundam
09-29-2005, 10:21 PM
I predict, and this is just a wild guess, that they will have the sox logo at the top, and below it will say AL CENTRAL CHAMPIONS with the chicago skyline on it. But I seriously have no idea.

Mr. White Sox
09-29-2005, 11:09 PM
I predict, and this is just a wild guess, that they will have the sox logo at the top, and below it will say AL CENTRAL CHAMPIONS with the chicago skyline on it. But I seriously have no idea.

Ahh!
:tealtutor:

:tealpolice:
"This one stings! FREEZE!"

grinderrule#1
09-29-2005, 11:14 PM
[QUOTE=miker]Doesn't the losing teams shirts and caps get destroyed to "protect" (and I'm doing that annoying quote thing with my fingers) MLB and its trademarks?

I was actually doing a project for my world culturs class and saw an african kid waring a carolina pantors superbowl champs hat so i guess some of them are given to 3ed world countries or something

miker
09-30-2005, 12:59 PM
The thought of children in a third-world nation wearing "2003 NL Champion Chicago Cubs" shirts is repugnant. Haven't those children suffered enough?