PDA

View Full Version : So What Did You do???

DannyCaterFan
09-28-2005, 10:46 AM
As a long suffering White Sox fan, I, like many of you had to blow a gasket last night when Blum grounded into that double play. There have to be many stories out there detailing how you reacted at that moment.
For me, I picked up my Tivo remote control and threw it as hard as I could against the wall of my family room. It just exploded when hitting the wall, and it left a nice dent in the wall itself.
I am now going shopping today for a new remote, and I spent a good half hour last night trying to turn off the Tivo.
Obviously the wife was not too pleased with me.
After watching these last few games and enduring a bad month of games, I finally let it all out. Any other stories like this?? :angry: :whiner:

Baby Fisk
09-28-2005, 10:50 AM
Channel your rage (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=55858&highlight=channel+rage), folks, channel your rage! :cool:

I watched The Office (US version) on DVD after the game -- it was good for some laughs. Going to bed while still in a rage makes for a fitful night.

harwar
09-28-2005, 10:54 AM
It was frustrating to watch and sure i'm a little angry but i didn't "do" anything as i fully expect our team pitching and defense to,not only win the division,but carry us throught the post-season.
Our offense is just going to have to step it up and by winning one game at a time,go all the way.

DannyCaterFan
09-28-2005, 10:54 AM
Channel your rage (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=55858&highlight=channel+rage), folks, channel your rage! :cool:

I watched The Office (US version) on DVD after the game -- it was good for some laughs. Going to bed while still in a rage makes for a fitful night.

Good idea. I may try watching "Lost" tonight. Actually, I do feel better after letting out the rage!

SoxFan78
09-28-2005, 10:58 AM
Threw a pillow across the room from my couch. You dont want to know what I did when the Sox hit a pop up to end the game. Thank god I had a softball game afterwards so I could channel some of the anger on the field.

tlebar318
09-28-2005, 11:03 AM
I switched the channel to the cartoon network and drank some beer...10 years ago I would have broken the TV on the ground but I am more "mature" now as you can see by my viewing choice- :D:

BeviBall!
09-28-2005, 11:06 AM
I turned off the game before this happened and was following along in the gameday thread. I believed I typed no fewer than 24 question marks.

bluestar
09-28-2005, 11:10 AM
I just shook my head. I was still stunned that Ozzie would use Blum to hit in that situation. Of all the players sitting on the bench, Blum was the last one I expected to be chosen to pinch hit.

Last night's game was filled with one frustration after another, so by the time Blum hit that ground ball, I wasn't surprised or overly upset; it was just par for the course.

daveeym
09-28-2005, 11:13 AM
I blew my gasket last week, I'm just hunkering down and whethering the storm now, dropping a few f-bombs along the way and muting Hawk and DJ.

1951Campbell
09-28-2005, 11:14 AM
Two fingers of warm brandy.

He gone
09-28-2005, 11:21 AM
When I saw Blum come up to the plate I just shook my head and said, " Ozzie you are either a Genius or you're Smoking Crack"!!! :o:

I sure hope he leaves the pipe home for tonight's game. :redneck

Hangar18
09-28-2005, 11:22 AM
As a long suffering White Sox fan, I, like many of you had to blow a gasket last night when Blum grounded into that double play.

I saw that Double Play coming from a mile away ..........all I kept thinking was ......dang, what if we had kept Graffanino? Anyway we dont have Tony G
and I saw a doubleplay coming, it happened.............and I wasnt even mad.
I quietly sighed, got up, grabbed another beer. I was mad back during the KC series 9/13 9/14,9/15 when I knew those losses were going to Set In Motion all the NONSENSE were seeing now. I did not want us going into Cleveland needing to win a game. :angry:

Madvora
09-28-2005, 11:24 AM
I always want to break something, but it would just make me madder having to replace it. I threw down my Sox hat pretty hard on the wood floor though. The bill hit directly on the wood so at least I got a loud bang out of it.

I would love to have a "White Sox Game Room" with a couch and TV, but the room is just full of glass vases and punching bags and tons of crap to throw around and destroy when I'm watching a game.

Cellview22
09-28-2005, 11:31 AM
I was watching the game in my room on mute (I take the losses better when it's on mute for some reason) and I just shook my head in disbelief and turned off the tv. Went back into the living room where others were watching The Amazing Race, someone asked 'they lost?'.. and I just nodded my head and sat down to watch The Amazing Race. I tried to concentrate on the show, but all I was thinking was "Why Blum?".

Jurr
09-28-2005, 11:32 AM
Well, my girlfriend Jennifer points out this spot on our wall that is full of black scuffmarks from shoes that I hurl against the wall. It's been getting darker of late.

Last night was really getting bad, as I turned off the Sox game on TV and prepared for the post game radio broadcast. I was flipping through the Indians, Red Sox, and Yankees games, and I was getting a little happier. When Cleveland started their comeback attempt, I was about to throw up, but the double play came just in time. Thanks, Tampa!

This crap is making me age way too rapidly.

SoxFan78
09-28-2005, 11:34 AM
Well, my girlfriend Jennifer points out this spot on our wall that is full of black scuffmarks from shoes that I hurl against the wall. It's been getting darker of late.

Last night was really getting bad, as I turned off the Sox game on TV and prepared for the post game radio broadcast. I was flipping through the Indians, Red Sox, and Yankees games, and I was getting a little happier. When Cleveland started their comeback attempt, I was about to throw up, but the double play came just in time. Thanks, Tampa!

This crap is making me age way too rapidly.

My girlfriend now goes to the bedroom to watch the games because she can't stand me screaming/thowing things when the Sox are playing badly

Dick Allen
09-28-2005, 11:47 AM
Put my Bad Santa DVD in the player. Works every time. Either that or I'd be in jail for killing millions.

chopperjc
09-28-2005, 11:58 AM
I had a friend call me last night and just wanted to make sure I was keeping sharp objects away from myself. I have the volume down and I am running to the balcony (3rd floor not sure if a long enough drop) and smoking many cigarettes. I can't take this anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a slow death which makes it harder to take. :whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner: . My boss (Yankees fan) said well it is not the most important thing in life. I explained at this moment it is the only thing! :angry: I have a girlfriend who is flying in (every two weeks) from Jacksonville and I have explained it could be a wonderful weekend or it could be very bad. She decided to come anyway. I do not know what I would do if they do not make the playoffs (why do I have Jim Mora in my mind at the moment). I am sure I will be self medicating somehow:smokin: . pleeeeeeeeeeeease sox I am begging at this point win the next two assure the playoffs and we will take our chances in toon town. I may need an intervention!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:nuts:

PLEASEBEATSOMEONE.com

Law11
09-28-2005, 12:06 PM
I couldnt do a thing but breathe deep. My wife decided to have a meeting
at the house with folks from Church... I thought my head would explode holding all the expletives in.

I actually said at the point we went down 3-1 I figured we were dead.
I went more nuts watching Baez of Tampa do all he could to blow that game with Cleveland last night.

Then flipped over to the Boston game - Breathed easier yet...

Then flipped on the Yankee game - I was fine by then.

BNLSox
09-28-2005, 12:09 PM
I decided to play some online poker. On the first hand of a big cash game I flopped the nut flush in late position. Before I could even make a move a fella moved all in and had me more than covered as he was the big stack.

Licking my chops I immediately called assuming that he had flopped a set and wanted the club draws out of there. My assumption was correct but my luck did not hold up as he found his full boat on the river.

DAMN YOU LUCK. NO MORE ANGRY POKER. COME ON OZZIE, FIRST HALF LINE UP, LET'S PUT THIS TO BED!!

kevingrt
09-28-2005, 12:31 PM
I was more pissedd last week. After Monday's game I broke my computer chair. This week is just too sad and disappointing to get that mad again. I mean after being home for Friday through Sunday's games I felt this team had all the makings of going into the playoffs on a high note.

Now I still have optimism we can take the next two versus the Tiggers, and salvage two of three versus the Injuns. But these games are getting more and more difficult to watch.

A prior poster was right though, LOST is on tonite, I can drown my sorrows by watching the best show on TV, recorded.

jshanahanjr
09-28-2005, 12:32 PM
I watched The Office on Tivo and had some cake & ice cream. I'll sue the White Sox for making me fat! I mean fatter! :whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

Sad
09-28-2005, 12:47 PM
I whipped my DirecTV remote :angry::angry::angry: but into the love seat-
so it still functioned when I hit the GO BACK button to make sure the Jin-Jin's were still losing...

...and they were :D:

GO SOX!
GO RAYS!

Lip Man 1
09-28-2005, 01:09 PM
There's a door in the basement that now needs to be replaced after taking a baseball bat to it. I was really pissed off and I have a bad temper at times.

Lip

SoxFanSince67
09-28-2005, 01:11 PM
I poured myself another boubon and coke - and made it a strong one!

JB98
09-28-2005, 01:15 PM
A few years ago, I smashed my remote control while watching an Illinois football game. I learned a valuable lesson: I didn't feel any better after I did it, and I had to waste $10 or whatever on a new remote. Destroying your possessions will not make the Sox win. It will, however, cost you money.

Iwritecode
09-28-2005, 01:18 PM
A few years ago, I smashed my remote control while watching an Illinois football game. I learned a valuable lesson: I didn't feel any better after I did it, and I had to waste $10 or whatever on a new remote. Destroying your possessions will not make the Sox win. It will, however, cost you money.

I learned that same lesson after replacing dozens of NES and SNES controllers and systems... :redface:

Sxy Mofo
09-28-2005, 01:19 PM
As a long suffering White Sox fan, I, like many of you had to blow a gasket last night when Blum grounded into that double play. There have to be many stories out there detailing how you reacted at that moment.
For me, I picked up my Tivo remote control and threw it as hard as I could against the wall of my family room. It just exploded when hitting the wall, and it left a nice dent in the wall itself.
I am now going shopping today for a new remote, and I spent a good half hour last night trying to turn off the Tivo.
After watching these last few games and enduring a bad month of games, I finally let it all out. Any other stories like this?? :angry: :whiner:

I don't get stuff like this.... Now you have a sox loss and an inoperable remote control. Just made life harder on yourself (the same sentiment for similar stories). Scream, hit your couch 100 times... why make the night suck even more by destroying something you have to go get a new one of?

duke of dorwood
09-28-2005, 01:20 PM
I called my 80 year old mom and we raved and ranted together

bludupree
09-28-2005, 01:21 PM
I ended up just putting my hand over my mouth and screaming F***!!!!!! as loud as I could

MarySwiss
09-28-2005, 01:29 PM
When our game ended, I was angry and depressed, but I try to keep the shouting and throwing things down to a minimum, with very few obscenities, because it upsets my dogs, who think I'm yelling at them. I felt a little better once the Indians game ended, but was still depressed. Fortunately, I had to pull myself together and go play volleyball. Then, when I was driving home, I heard on the radio that Boston and the Yanks had both lost. That cheered me up.

Now I'm already starting to wonder what will happen today and how we'll all feel tomorrow. Roller coaster!

John Barrett
09-28-2005, 01:31 PM
took 2 xannex's and some jameson and waited for sleep

bluestar
09-28-2005, 01:39 PM
When our game ended, I was angry and depressed, but I try to keep the shouting and throwing things down to a minimum, with very few obscenities, because it upsets my dogs, who think I'm yelling at them.

The same thing happens with me. We have two Poodles -- a standard male and a miniature female -- they are always tense when I watch or listen to either baseball or hockey. If I shout, even if it is a YES! or something positive, the standard (the big one) will go in our bedroom and stick his head under the bed. The small one just looks at me suspiciously and keeps her distance.

ja1022
09-28-2005, 01:55 PM
I puked in my mouth. I didn't like it much.

Cat Thief
09-28-2005, 02:04 PM
When our game ended, I was angry and depressed, but I try to keep the shouting and throwing things down to a minimum, with very few obscenities, because it upsets my dogs, who think I'm yelling at them.!

That's pretty funny. My dogs were not around too much last night. After the eighth inning I thought they ran away from home! :(:

ChicagoHoosier
09-28-2005, 02:24 PM
I, fortunately or unfortunately, was on the phone and didn't quite grasp what had just happend. My wife, however, was yelling at the TV, so it's nice to see my converted Cubs fan is emotionally committed to our SOX now.

As for throwing things, I received a Sox baseball that makes different noises like "YOU'RE OUTTA HERE" when it is thrown against the wall. That is my new way of throwing things without hurting anything in my house.

Lastly, Lost tonight will be a nice diversion, but it won't keep me from watching just about every pitch of the game since I have TIVO. I'm staying with this ship, no matter how rocky it gets.

Hangar, I totally agree that the KC series is what I'm more pissed at than these couple of games, but these games are equally as frustrating when a loser-pitcher who doesn't have any good stuff or control can hold us to a single run.

Isn't it terribly ironic that we play 162 games and it comes down to a game or two that makes the difference between post-season and golf-season?

Sad
09-28-2005, 02:28 PM
That's pretty funny. My dogs were not around too much last night. After the eighth inning I thought they ran away from home! :(:

yeah my 2 german shepherd's holed up somewhere upstairs-
they really pick up on my emotions & I need to practice self-control but unfortunately that's easier said than done...

deck27
09-28-2005, 02:54 PM
If I had a gun...that guy innocently walking in front of my house...bad timing dude.

Jerko
09-28-2005, 03:55 PM
I switched over the college football game, which of course, was a blowout.

JohnBasedowYoda
09-28-2005, 04:02 PM
as soon as geoff walked up i shut the tv off and left the building
sometimes you have to just walk away

LongLiveFisk
09-28-2005, 04:09 PM
I swore an awful lot! :angry:

Kogs35
09-28-2005, 04:11 PM
i switched over to family amazing race, the . and also had the jnjans game on my comp

Jerko
09-28-2005, 04:13 PM
I swore an awful lot! :angry:

:tsk: http://www.hopstudios.com/images/soapbar.jpg

I hope you didn't bypass the language filter!

LongLiveFisk
09-28-2005, 04:39 PM
:tsk: http://www.hopstudios.com/images/soapbar.jpg

I hope you didn't bypass the language filter!

I swore out loud, not on this site :wink:

Jerko
09-28-2005, 04:41 PM
I swore out loud, not on this site :wink:

Well, that's ok then. So did I. :o: :angry:

DannyCaterFan
09-28-2005, 04:55 PM
I don't get stuff like this.... Now you have a sox loss and an inoperable remote control. Just made life harder on yourself (the same sentiment for similar stories). Scream, hit your couch 100 times... why make the night suck even more by destroying something you have to go get a new one of?

The Sox are driving me towards Anger management classes.

ElevenUp
09-28-2005, 05:47 PM
I guess my reaction was stronger when Blum walked into the batter's box :angry:. I was wondering what had happened to all of the other left handed hitters sitting on the bench. Where was AJ, Gload or Timo? I really haven't questioned Ozzie's managing decisions this year, but this just confused me. I don't care about lefty vs. righty matchups when the switch hitter you send up to the plate is hitting .188 and hasn't had an at bat in 2 weeks. When he grounded into the DP I just turned off the TV and put my kids to bed.

Sxy Mofo
09-28-2005, 06:03 PM
I believe i can answer the AJ question (not that i agree with it, it's just what i've gathered). If a catcher gets the night off... the catcher has the night off, no if's and's or but's.

mbwhitesox
09-28-2005, 08:55 PM
I busted out the :bong:

Then, suddenly, all of Ozzys managerial decisions made sense to me.

Unfortunately I forget why already.

MikeW
09-28-2005, 10:31 PM
I was thinking what someone else was thinking that a double play was going to be the result. After 45 years of this suffering I wished something that I never wish for on a Sox batter and that is a strikeout. I saw nothing good when Blum came to bat. A hit or a flyball was not even on my horizon. The night got a little better when D-Rays held on over the Injuns.

pczarapa
09-28-2005, 11:04 PM

I didn't break anything (that was during the Bears game on INT #5 by Orton), but I did wake up my wife and both the dogs with an outrageous outburst of expletives. I still can't believe he sent Blum up there, but I can swallow it a lot better after tonight!