PDA

View Full Version : Cabrera BURNS teammates

DaleJRFan
09-28-2005, 08:00 AM
What's going on with the Marlins??? First AJ Burnett drops a bomb and now Miguel Cabrera? After showing up late and being taken out of the lineup as a result, Cabrera and his teammates had this to say about each other:

"I don't make the lineup. If they want to put me to play, they'll put me to play."

"When I was first coming up, you were never late, never said anything. It's a rule," said 13-year veteran Jeff Conine. "You show up on time and work hard, nobody will say anything to you. Something probably should be said at some point by someone," Conine said. "You hope that's all it has to be said, is once."
And again with Cabrera...

"(Forget) the veterans," he said, momentarily breaking into English to deliver an expletive. "They haven't told me anything and they better not come tell me anything, either."

Maybe the Marlins can ship Cabrera to Chitown... I hear he is eager to return to 3B for a full season. Maybe he'd like playing for Ozzie.

Marte & Crede for Cabrera??? :redneck

Here the full article. LINKIE (http://www.palmbeachpost.com/marlins/content/sports/epaper/2005/09/28/a1c_PBP_CABRERA__0928.html)

SoxFan76
09-28-2005, 08:20 AM
The Marlins OBVIOUSLY do not need a clubhouse cancer like that in their clubhouse. The only obvious decision would be to trade him...to the White Sox.

:redneck

tstrike2000
09-28-2005, 08:29 AM
Hmm, that's different than Burnett's rant. Burnett probably shouldn't have come out publically but voiced his negativity. However, coming in late is something that is just understood. It's disrespect to your teammates and coaches. If Marte had done that and then said those things in the media, we'd all be calling for his head and rightfully so.

daveeym
09-28-2005, 10:06 AM
Hmm, that's different than Burnett's rant. Burnett probably shouldn't have come out publically but voiced his negativity. However, coming in late is something that is just understood. It's disrespect to your teammates and coaches. If Marte had done that and then said those things in the media, we'd all be calling for his head and rightfully so.Yeah but it's an entirely different situation, clearly that is a clubhouse totally out of control with plenty of fault to spread around between the players, coaches and management. I really don't think you can label any of them clubhouse cancers from what's going on down there.

There's always a breaking point, even 13 years ago when Conine was coming up. What a putz. Sure you'd like things to be handled that way but this is nothing new in the history of baseball.

chaerulez
09-28-2005, 02:34 PM
This organization is questioning his work ethic? .300 30 100- that needs to be questioned? I'd love to take this so called lazy guy off their hands.

the_valenstache
09-28-2005, 08:35 PM
The Marlins OBVIOUSLY do not need a clubhouse cancer like that in their clubhouse. The only obvious decision would be to trade him...to the White Sox.

:redneck

Ah yes, the "T.O. equation." (est. 2005)

Complete talent - total prick factor x (media scrutiny - hometown support) = X number of wins increase.

Actually, I suck at math. This kid needs a reality check. But I'd still take him. :cool:

Optipessimism
09-29-2005, 12:35 AM
Ah yes, the "T.O. equation." (est. 2005)

Complete talent - total prick factor x (media scrutiny - hometown support) = X number of wins increase.

Actually, I suck at math. This kid needs a reality check. But I'd still take him. :cool:

You never get the whole story by reading an article. Yeah, so he showed up late and made a nasty comment, but he's also one of the biggest stones in a crumbling foundation. Who's to say he hasn't played out of position and busted his butt all year long for that team? BTW, if Conine is supposed to be a veteran leader, why can't he say something to Miguel instead of a reporter? He must have known that the reporter was going to play some highschool girl's locker room BS and run off and tell Cabrera about his comments.