PDA

View Full Version : Comiskey construction underway

Foulke You
12-06-2001, 02:02 PM
I drive past Comiskey Park every day going to work and today I noticed this large yellow crane in center field that you can see through the outfield billboard framework. The viewing windows on the upper deck concourse (where they had that big picture of "The Big Hurt") are covered with plastic tarp so I can assume they've started working up there too. Too bad they don't have that nifty "Comiskey cam" like they had last year. The MLB cookie cutter sites really suck.

RedPinStripes
12-06-2001, 02:21 PM
Wonder why it's all" hush hush" this year? :?:

:reinsy
"It's a surprise!"

Jerry_Manuel
12-06-2001, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Wonder why it's all" hush hush" this year? :?:

Not much to say other then we're working. At least last year you could view the progress via the ballpark camera on whitesox.com. Since Bud made all the sites the same there is no more web camera.

duke of dorwood
12-06-2001, 09:37 PM
Yeah-I tried to visit the gift shop today-it has been completely emptied and is not going to be open til Spring. I guess the concourse is being heavily worked on

irish rover
12-07-2001, 12:09 PM
about a month or so ago I saw a concrete truck behind left field pumping concrete I assume for the new batters eye. I also wanted to go the gift shop, mainly to get a sneak peek at the renovations but was told it was closed due to construction

Foulke You
12-07-2001, 02:06 PM
The concourse is supposed to have a completely new look. Apparently responding to criticism that the park is too "cold" and looks more like a food court in a shopping mall than a baseball park. They are supposed to give it the "old time" ballpark feel with metal awnings on the shop windows and a cobblestone like floor as well. It should look pretty nice when they're done.

RedPinStripes
12-07-2001, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
The concourse is supposed to have a completely new look. Apparently responding to criticism that the park is too "cold" and looks more like a food court in a shopping mall than a baseball park. They are supposed to give it the "old time" ballpark feel with metal awnings on the shop windows and a cobblestone like floor as well. It should look pretty nice when they're done.

Sounds like a big improvement.

:reinsy
"You fans better show up."

irish rover
12-08-2001, 11:43 AM
have you guys taken a look at the pictures at whitesox.mlb.com they are not that good but does give one an idea of what it will look like