PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Barcrawl

roofshot121
09-28-2005, 02:20 AM
High guys, My name is Sean Carey and I am a senior at U of I. I am a die hard Sox fan and am organinzing a White Sox Barcrawl down at school. I am trying to think of a slogan to put on the back of our shirts. We are doing this on the first Sox playoff game. Some of our possibilities are " Drink or Die Trying." "YOu can put it on the board yes." If there is any justice in the world.... Bill Veck quoute. " Win or lose, still have won it all 9 years more recently than the Northside." I was wondering if you guys might possibly have some additonal ideas ? I know that this is a trivial question but I thought some of you guys would have some great ideas. Thanks a lot

ilsox7
09-28-2005, 02:24 AM
We Gone.

santo=dorf
09-28-2005, 02:28 AM
I'd rather wear one of my jerseys all over campus during the playoffs to be honest with you.

StillMissOzzie
09-28-2005, 02:50 AM
:hawk

"You can put it on the bar.....YES!"
"You can put it on my tab.....YES!"

SOXintheBURGH
09-28-2005, 03:02 AM
:DJ

"Uh oh!"

roofshot121
09-28-2005, 03:15 AM
just one more thing..........We are doing this as a celebration first and foremost for the great year we have had, but secondly we still have October 03 in the back of our minds. Bandwagon jumpers came out of the woodwork and bought up "that prior guy's" jersey and wore it to every class. People that couldnt name the Cub's third baseman were dancing in the bars to that f*****' song "Go Cubs Go" that played 3 times a night. We want to state that we are sox fans first, but a little cubs razzing never hurt anyone

chitownhawkfan
09-28-2005, 04:28 AM
Wow is this an awesome idea, I personally like Drink or Die Trying.

This makes me still wish I was out in Iowa City because I would have copied this great idea in a second.

DumpJerry
09-28-2005, 08:19 AM
"Drink or die trying" sounds like the title of a made-for-TV Sunday night movie about a teen alcoholic who struggles with recovery.

I think "2005 AL Central Champs: Choke on this!" is more classy.

34 Inch Stick
09-28-2005, 10:18 AM
Barcrawl 2005: Because you will have graduated by the time the Sox are in the playoffs again.

cheeses_h_rice
09-28-2005, 11:23 AM
"No Sleep 'Til : chunks :".

:gulp:

roofshot121
09-28-2005, 11:25 AM
Anyone like

White Sox Playoffs- Where we don't believe in curses.

roofshot121
09-28-2005, 11:28 AM
Anyone like :

White Sox Playoffs- Where we dont believe in curses

DrGiggles
09-28-2005, 11:53 AM
roof shot use this design i createdhttp://www.xawear.com/soxsuccess.gif

fusillirob1983
09-28-2005, 12:14 PM
High guys, My name is Sean Carey and I am a senior at U of I. I am a die hard Sox fan and am organinzing a White Sox Barcrawl down at school. I am trying to think of a slogan to put on the back of our shirts. We are doing this on the first Sox playoff game. Some of our possibilities are " Drink or Die Trying." "YOu can put it on the board yes." If there is any justice in the world.... Bill Veck quoute. " Win or lose, still have won it all 9 years more recently than the Northside." I was wondering if you guys might possibly have some additonal ideas ? I know that this is a trivial question but I thought some of you guys would have some great ideas. Thanks a lot

Sean, I'm the president of WS Nation on campus. Right now I'm looking at October 6th as a date for our club's bar crawl. I don't know if the Sox are playing early or late games yet, but either way, the 6th avoids any conflict with a game since it's an off day. I'm just thinking people won't want to go bar-to-bar in the middle of a game. Plus it's a Thursday, a decent amount of people go out on Thursdays anyway. Let me know if you want to help us out with ours instead of having two separate ones. My e-mail is robertmpetersen@gmail.com if you want to talk to me about it.

roofshot121
09-28-2005, 12:41 PM
How do you know already that the 6th is an off day ? How can you tell what days they are going to play ? Thanks.

Sean Carey

CHISOXFAN13
09-28-2005, 12:55 PM
How do you know already that the 6th is an off day ? How can you tell what days they are going to play ? Thanks.

Sean Carey

The AL playoff series' will be played on Oct. 4, 5, 7, 8 and 9 if neccessary.

EDIT: Unless ofcourse the Indians, Yankees and Red Sox all end up tied on Sunday.

Then things get mighty interesting, and the Sox won't start until Oct. 5.

MarySwiss
09-28-2005, 01:13 PM
[QUOTE=DumpJerry]"Drink or die trying" sounds like the title of a made-for-TV Sunday night movie about a teen alcoholic who struggles with recovery.
/QUOTE]

:rolling:

roofshot121
09-28-2005, 01:25 PM
Ok thanks a lot. I figure if the Sox play the Angels its probably gonna be a day game but if they play New York or Boston its more likely gonna be at night. You guys agree ?

Palehose13
09-28-2005, 01:33 PM
I think you should stay away from any cub references. Celebrate the Sox and don't remind people of that other team.

antitwins13
09-28-2005, 03:09 PM
:DJ

"Uh oh!"

Took the words right out of my mouth