PDA

View Full Version : *Ouch*. Two 1-run losses in a row.

cheeses_h_rice
09-27-2005, 11:42 PM
That's really gotta hurt...if you're an Indians fan.

:gulp:

:)

elrod
09-27-2005, 11:44 PM
Both of them they threatened to come back. In KC they tied it in the top of the 9th and had a chance to take the lead, but couldn't get another run in. Tonight they had the tying run on 3rd with one out and Belliard grounded into a DP. Now THAT's frustrating. Of course we had bases loaded and one out in the 8th, failed to score, and ended up losing by one.

veeter
09-27-2005, 11:48 PM
As much as this stretch run has been tortuous and frusterating, in a way it's been fun. All these one run games are unbelievable. When the season ends it's going to be like an addict quitting heroin cold turkey.

HotelWhiteSox
09-27-2005, 11:49 PM
Both of them they threatened to come back. In KC they tied it in the top of the 9th and had a chance to take the lead, but couldn't get another run in. Tonight they had the tying run on 3rd with one out and Belliard grounded into a DP. Now THAT's frustrating. Of course we had bases loaded and one out in the 8th, failed to score, and ended up losing by one.

Against bad bullpens. No argument that they have a great offense, but the one stat that matters in the end is the W or el L, and I'll take it :gulp:

Chips
09-27-2005, 11:49 PM
:hijacked: :hijacked:

It also hurts as a White Sox fan

chisoxfanatic
09-28-2005, 12:45 AM

Oh, hello, DARK CLOWWWWWWWWWWWWD! :cool:

ChiSoxGirl
09-28-2005, 09:19 AM
Oh, hello, DARK CLOWWWWWWWWWWWWD! :cool:

:rolling:

rdwj
09-28-2005, 09:55 AM

Yep, but not as much!

TI - I - I - IME is on our side - yes it is!!!

ode to veeck
09-28-2005, 10:11 AM
This almost reminds me of the YankMes RedSox race many years back (that resulted in a one game playoff that time) with both teams winning or losing in a very close race at the end of a longgg season that went right down to the wire ... with a 2 game lead and 5 to play, I live our position, but ohhh it's a barnburner of a race

Paulwny
09-28-2005, 10:17 AM
The horse shoe has finally fallen out of the tribe's behinds, no more late inning rallies to win the game and no more scoring of an ungodly amt of runs with 2 out. Their string of luck is broken.

Hokiesox
09-28-2005, 12:09 PM
The horse shoe has finally fallen out of the tribe's behinds, no more late inning rallies to win the game and no more scoring of an ungodly amt of runs with 2 out. Their string of luck is broken.

Please find the nearest wooden anything and knock on it for those of us who are superstitious. :wink:

voodoochile
09-28-2005, 12:17 PM
This almost reminds me of the YankMes RedSox race many years back (that resulted in a one game playoff that time) with both teams winning or losing in a very close race at the end of a longgg season that went right down to the wire ... with a 2 game lead and 5 to play, I live our position, but ohhh it's a barnburner of a race

Same thing happened to the flubbies in 98 didn't it? They lost and then found out the other team lost too sending all the sheep in the bars around Wrigley to the box offices to buy tickets for the next day's playoff game.

TheOldRoman
09-28-2005, 12:36 PM
Same thing happened to the flubbies in 98 didn't it? They lost and then found out the other team lost too sending all the sheep in the bars around Wrigley to the box offices to buy tickets for the next day's playoff game.
Yes, I dont remember who the Cubs lost to, but they had to rely on the hapless Rockies to defeat Barroids and the Giants. It happened, and we all know the crap that took place after that.:angry:

cheeses_h_rice
09-28-2005, 12:39 PM
Yes, I dont remember who the Cubs lost to, but they had to rely on the hapless Rockies to defeat Barroids and the Giants. It happened, and we all know the crap that took place after that.:angry:

That was the infamous Brant Brown dropped ball game.

The Cubs lost to the Brewers.

I remember it well.

:)